Words — 3124 found
1. teacher; instructor; master
- Our teacher is a gentleman in the true sense of the word.
2. sensei; title or form of address for a teacher, master, doctor, lawyer, etc.Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- I had my composition corrected by Mr Jones.
3. intimate or teasing form of addressFamiliar language, Jocular, humorous term
4. one's elderArchaism, orig. meaning
5. SenseiSensei is a Japanese word that is literally translated as... Read more
1. mountain; hill
- はい 、
- こた 。
- "I do not regret having gone into the forest and up the mountain," replied the younger brother.
2. mine (e.g. coal mine)
- もち 。
- It was used for raking together heaps of money.
3. heap; pile
4. crown (of a hat); thread (of a screw); tread (of a tire); protruding part of an object; high part
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
5. climax; peak; critical point
6. guess; speculation; gamble
7. criminal case; crimeSlang, police, crime reporter jargon
8. mountain climbing; mountaineering
9. festival float (esp. one mounted with a decorative halberd)See also 山鉾
10. deck (of playing cards on table, face down, from which cards are drawn); stackSee also 山札
11. wall; wall tileMahjong term
12. temple; temple groundsArchaism
14. MountainError: image is invalid or non-existent A mountain is a l... Read more
1. foot; paw; arm (of an octopus, squid, etc.)esp. 足
- My foot's asleep again!
2. legesp. 脚,肢
- This drawing is less than great. He needs to do something with the line here at the back of the leg.
5. bottom structural component (i.e. radical) of a kanjiusu. 脚
6. means of transportationOnly applies to 足
7. money; coinArchaism, See also お足
8. FootThe foot (plural feet) is an anatomical structure found i... Read more
脚 【あし】、肢 【あし】
2. breakfastOnly applies to あさ
3. next morningArchaism, Only applies to 朝, Only applies to あした
4. MorningThe word morning originally referred to the sunrise but t... Read more
朝 【あした】、晨 【あした】
1. box; case; chest; package; pack; crate
- あ 。
- Twist that knob to the right and the box will open.
2. car (of a train, etc.)
3. shamisen case; shamisen
4. public building; community buildingColloquialism, See also 箱物, often written as ハコ
5. man who carries a geisha's shamisenArchaism, See also 箱屋
6. receptacle for human waste; feces (faeces)Archaism
7. counter for boxes (or boxed objects)
8. BoxBox describes a variety of containers and receptacles for... Read more
函 【はこ】、匣 【はこ】、筥 【はこ】、筐 【はこ】、凾 【はこ】、ハコ
2. the North; northern territories
3. North KoreaAbbreviation
4. north windArchaism
5. NorthNorth is a noun, adjective, or adverb indicating directio... Read more
2. livelihood; occupationArchaism
4. IndustryIndustry is the production of an economic good or service... Read more
1. monkey (esp. the Japanese macaque, Macaca fuscata); ape; non-human primateUsually written using kana alone, See also ニホンザル
- み 。
- I saw some monkeys climbing the tree.
2. sly personDerogatory
3. idiot; hickDerogatory
4. sliding wooden bolt (for holding a door or window shut)
5. clasp used to control the height of a pot-hookSee also 自在鉤
6. bathhouse prostituteArchaism, See also 湯女
7. Sarh (Chad); Sal
8. MonkeyA monkey is a primate of the Haplorrhini suborder and sim... Read more
猨: Out-dated kanji.
1. little girl; maiden; young lady; female usually between 7 and 18 years old
2. female between 17 and 20 years old (ritsuryo period)Archaism, Only applies to 少女, Only applies to しょうじょ
3. GirlA girl is any female human from birth through childhood a... Read more
小女 【しょうじょ】、少女 【おとめ】、乙女 【おとめ】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
2. intelligent; clever; smartDated term
3. making sense (of something); understandingArchaism
4. InventionAn invention is a unique or novel device, method, composi... Read more
1. state (US, Australia, India, Germany, etc.); province (e.g. Canada); canton (e.g. Switzerland); oblast (e.g. Russia); department (e.g. ancient China)See also 県 けん
- Traveling to the southern states during the winter will be costlier than it is now.
3. dearArchaism, after someone's name
4. Zhou (country subdivision)Zhou were historical political divisions of China. Formal... Read more
- やく ４
- It has a wingspan of about four inches.
3. counter for birds or bird wingsArchaism, Only applies to よく
4. WingA wing is an appendage with a surface that produces lift ... Read more
1. muscle; tendon; sinew
2. vein; artery
3. fiber; fibre; string
4. line; stripe; streak
5. reason; logicSee also 筋が通る
- とお 。
- There isn't much logic in what you're saying.
6. plot; storyline
- I don't understand this novel's plot.
7. lineage; descent
8. school (e.g. of scholarship or arts)
9. aptitude; talent
10. source (of information, etc.); circle; channel
- きょねん 、
- き 。
- I heard about it from another source last year.
11. well-informed person (in a transaction)
12. logical move (in go, shogi, etc.)
13. ninth vertical lineShogi term
14. seam on a helmet
15. gristly fish paste (made of muscle, tendons, skin, etc.)Abbreviation, See also 筋蒲鉾
16. social position; statusArchaism
17. on (a river, road, etc.); along
18. counter for long thin things; counter for roads or blocks when giving directions
19. (Edo period) counter for hundreds of mon (obsolete unit of currency)Archaism
20. SujiSuji may refer to: Suji, Kilimanjaro, a small village in ... Read more
1. sword (esp. Japanese single-edged); katana
- れんしゅう ？」「
- "Practising sword throwing?" "It just slipped out of my hands."
2. scalpelOnly applies to とう
3. chisel; burin; graverOnly applies to とう, See also 彫刻刀 ちょうこくとう
4. knife money (knife-shaped commodity money used in ancient China)Only applies to とう, See also 刀銭
5. BackswordA backsword is a type of European sword characterized as ... Read more
1. teaSee also お茶
- Tea is widely grown in India.
2. tea plant (Camellia sinensis)
3. tea preparation; making teaSee also 茶道
4. brownAbbreviation, See also 茶色
- One of the cats is black, the other is brown.
5. mockeryArchaism, See also 茶化す
6. TeaTea is an aromatic beverage prepared by pouring boiling h... Read more
1. equation; formula; expression
- The result of this experiment is obscured by the extra variables added in the formula.
- The company president's welcome was so long that we were squeezed for time in the second half of the ceremony.
- An accident prohibited his attending the ceremony.
4. enforcement regulations (of the ritsuryo)Archaism, See also 律令
1. very; greatly; terribly; awfully
- つか 。
- I am dead tired from walking around all day.
2. immense; enormous; great
- おも 。
- At the risk of sticking my neck out, I think that if we do that, we're making a big, big mistake.
3. serious; grave; dreadful; terrible
- There will be hell to pay if I don't make this deadline.
4. difficult; hard
5. major incident; disasterArchaism
1. country; state
- おさ 。
- The king governed the country.
- ほっかいどう 富良野
- "From the North Country" is a TV drama produced by Fuji TV and set in Furano in Hokkaido.
3. national government; central government
4. home (i.e. hometown, home country)
- The scientist is famous both at home and abroad.
5. province (of Japan)Archaism, See also 国郡里制
6. land; earthArchaism
邦 【くに】、國 【くに】
國: Out-dated kanji.