Words — 2720 found
1. counter for the hito-futa-mi counting system (forming hitotsu, futatsu, mitsu, and misoji, yasoji, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
箇 【ち】、箇 【ぢ】、個 【つ】、個 【ち】、個 【ぢ】、箇 【じ】
ち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ぢ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ぢ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. DeskA desk is a piece of furniture and a type of table often ... Read more
案 【つくえ】、机 【つき】
案: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. つき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- Alice has a flower in her hair.
2. hair (on one's head)
- わたし 、ケン
- やさ 、
- I'm going with Ken. He is cool, gentle and smart. What's more, he is single!
3. mind; brains; intellectOnly applies to あたま
4. leader; chief; boss; captain
5. top; tip
6. beginning; start
- ぬす 。
- Tom had his car stolen early last week.
7. head; personOnly applies to あたま, See also 頭数
8. down payment; depositAbbreviation, Only applies to あたま, See also 頭金
9. top structural component of a kanjiOnly applies to かしら
10. pairMahjong, Colloquialism, Only applies to あたま, See also 雀頭 ジャントー
11. NeckThe neck is the part of the body, on many terrestrial or ... Read more
1. fishing; angling
- You are dying to go fishing.
2. change (for a purchase)Usually written using kana alone, Abbreviation, See also 釣り銭
- Keep the change!
4. trolling; writing deliberately inflammatory posts onlineSlang
5. AnglingAngling is a method of fishing by means of an "angle". Th... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. commuting to school; school commute
2. Student transportThis article is about the logistics of transporting stude... Read more
- やく ４
- It has a wingspan of about four inches.
3. counter for birds or bird wingsArchaism, Only applies to よく
4. WingA wing is an appendage with a surface that produces lift ... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. rainy season (in Japan usu. from early June to mid-July)
- According to the weather forecast, the rainy season will set in before long.
2. rain during the rainy season
3. East Asian rainy seasonThe East Asian rainy season, commonly called the plum rai... Read more
梅雨 【ばいう】、黴雨 【つゆ】、黴雨 【ばいう】
1. to use (a tool, method, etc.); to make use of; to put to use
- "Can I use your dictionary?" "Yes, here you are."
2. to use (a person, animal, puppet, etc.); to employ; to handle; to manage; to manipulateSee also 人使い
- It has become common practise to employ foreigners working abroad from Asian countries as maids.
3. to use (time, money, etc.); to spend; to consume
- つか 。
- Don't use all the hot water.
4. to use (language); to speakSee also 言葉遣い
遣う: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to make; to produce; to manufacture; to build; to construct造る usu. for large-scale building, manufacturing, etc.; 創る usu. for creating
- つく 。
- Wherever he may go, he is sure to make friends.
2. to prepare (food); to brew (alcohol)
- つく 。
- You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.
3. to raise; to grow; to cultivate; to trainSee also 野菜を作る
- It's much cheaper to live on grains and vegetables you can grow in your garden.
4. to till
5. to draw up (a document); to make out; to prepare; to write
- You should try to produce grammatical sentences.
6. to create (an artistic work, etc.); to compose
- つく 、
- Desktop publishing lets you produce books quickly and cheaply. It's like killing two birds with one stone.
7. to coin (a phrase); to organize; to organise; to establish; to found
8. to have (a child)
9. to make up (one's face, etc.)
10. to fabricate (an excuse, etc.)
11. to give a (false) appearance; to feign (a smile, etc.); to put on a show of emotion
12. to form (a line, etc.)
- おも 。
- I insist that exceptions not be made.
13. to set (a record)
14. to commit (a sin, etc.)
造る 【つくる】、創る 【つくる】
1. strong; potent; competent; domineering; tough
- かん 。
- The angler felt a strong tug on the line.
2. strong; brawny; powerful; healthy; rugged
- An elephant is a strong animal.
3. good (at); skilled; knowledgeable
4. being able to handle; know how to deal (with); durable (against); resistant (to); resilientas 〜に強い
- つよ 。
- This material will stand up to lots of washings.
5. firm; rigid; solid
6. intense; strong; fierce; high
7. dependable; trustworthy
1. to work (for); to be employed (at); to serve (in)usu. 勤める
- つとめ 。
- My father serves in the Foreign Ministry.
2. to serve (as); to act (as); to fill (the position of); to play the role (of)usu. 務める
- She was a bridesmaid at the wedding.
3. to conduct a religious serviceusu. 勤める
1. to arrive at; to reach
- It will be late autumn when you get to London.
2. to sit on; to sit at (e.g. the table)See also 席に着く
- Go to your respective seats.
1. to get tired; to tire; to get fatigued; to become exhausted; to grow weary
- あそ 。
- Then they played "ring-a-ring-a-rosy" until they were tired and thirsty.
2. to become worn out (of a well-used object)
3. to starveArchaism
1. to attach; to join; to add; to append; to affix; to stick; to glue; to fasten; to sew on; to apply (ointment)Usually written using kana alone
- Put your coat on my account.
2. to furnish (a house with)Usually written using kana alone
- つ 。
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
3. to wear; to put onUsually written using kana alone
- He who wears armor falls with a big crash!
4. to keep a diary; to make an entryUsually written using kana alone
- むかし 、
- She used to keep a diary, but she no longer does.
5. to appraise; to set (a price)Usually written using kana alone
- They mark down goods at that shop.
6. to allot; to budget; to assignUsually written using kana alone
7. to bring alongsideUsually written using kana alone
8. to place (under guard or doctor)Usually written using kana alone
- The policeman followed him.
9. to follow; to shadowUsually written using kana alone, See also 跡をつける
10. to load; to give (courage to)Usually written using kana alone
11. to keep (an eye on)Usually written using kana alone
12. to establish (relations or understanding)Usually written using kana alone
13. to turn on (light)Usually written using kana alone, See also 点ける
- No sooner had Tom turned on the TV than the fuse blew.
14. to produce flowers; to produce fruitUsually written using kana alone, of a plant
- My tree had a few blossoms but no fruit.
着ける 【つける】、附ける 【つける】
1. cold (to the touch); chilly; icy; freezingAntonym: 熱い
- My hand's getting too cold.
2. (emotionally) cold; coldhearted; unfeeling; indifferent; unfriendly; distant
- きず 。
- Kate broke his heart by rudely demanding he go away.
1. dull; uninteresting; boring; tediousUsually written using kana alone
- That new movie was a bummer.
2. insignificant; unimportant; trifling; trivial; worthlessUsually written using kana alone
- いんねん 。
- He often uses the slightest thing as a pretext for a fight with anybody.
3. absurd; foolish; silly; stupidUsually written using kana alone
4. useless; pointless; disappointingUsually written using kana alone