Words — 11 found
1. to stand; to rise; to stand upOnly applies to 立つ
- But among you stands one you do not know.
2. to find oneself (e.g. in a difficult position)Only applies to 立つ
- た 。
- The minister was in a fix over illegal dealings.
3. to depart (on a plane, train, etc.)usu. 発つ
- Ah, you're leaving tomorrow!
1. wedge sea hare (Dolabella auricularia)Usually written using kana alone
2. Dolabella auriculariaDolabella auricularia, common name the "wedge sea hare", ... Read more
1. Scutellaria indica (species of skullcap)Usually written using kana alone
1. dish of fish or meat flavoured with soy sauce, mirin, etc., coated with starch and then deep-friedFood term
竜田揚 【たつたあげ】、立田揚げ 【たつたあげ】、立田揚 【たつたあげ】
立田揚げ: Irregular kanji usage. 立田揚: Irregular kanji usage.
1. it is simply common courtesy to clean up after yourself; a bird does not foul the nest it is about to leave; on leaving a place one should see that all is in good orderProverb, See also 跡を濁す あとをにごす