Words — 249 found
1. opposite; opposition
2. versus; vs.; v.
- きょう 早稲田
- たい 慶応
- There is going to be a game between Waseda and Keio today.
3. to (e.g. "winning a game five to three")
- たい １
- か 。
- We won the game by three goals to one.
4. equal footing; equal terms
5. against ...; anti-; toward ...; to ...
- たっ 。
- The company's exports to India amounted to $100 million last year.
1. target; object (of worship, study, etc.); subject (of taxation, etc.)
2. Object (philosophy)An object is a technical term in philosophy often used in... Read more
1. measure; step; countermeasure; counterplan; countermove; strategy; preparation (e.g. for a test)
1. confrontation; opposition; antagonism
1. correspondence (to); equivalence
- That Japanese word has no equivalent in English.
2. suitability; coordination; matching; being appropriate (for)
- We have to bring our teaching methods up to date.
3. dealing with; coping with; handling; response; reception; reaction
- う 。
- I met with a cool, not to say hostile, reception.
4. compatibility (with technology, software, etc.); capability; support (for)
- I want to run a Windows 95 game.
1. equality (esp. of status, on equal terms); equivalence
2. equivalent; equal
1. extermination (e.g. of pests, demons, bandits); elimination; eradication; destruction; suppression
2. making someone renounce worldly desires in order to concentrate on Buddha's teachingsBuddhist term
3. curing illness
1. talk; dialogue; conversation
1. fighting (against); taking on (an opponent); facing; confronting; competing (with); battle; fight; contest; match