Words — 69 found
1. thing; matterUsually written using kana alone
2. incident; occurrence; event; something serious; trouble; crisisUsually written using kana alone
3. circumstances; situation; state of affairsUsually written using kana alone
4. work; business; affairUsually written using kana alone
5. after an inflectable word, creates a noun phrase indicating something the speaker does not feel close toUsually written using kana alone
6. nominalizing suffixUsually written using kana alone, See also 事 ごと
7. pretending to ...; playing make-believe ...Usually written using kana alone, See also 事 ごと
8. alias; also known as; otherwise known as; orUsually written using kana alone, as AことB (A = alias, B = real name)
9. necessity; needUsually written using kana alone, as 〜ことはない
10. you should ...; I advise that you ...; it's important to ...Usually written using kana alone, as 〜ことだ
事 【こん】、縡 【こと】、縡 【こん】
縡: Out-dated kanji. 縡: Out-dated kanji.
1. accident; incident; trouble
2. circumstances; reasons
3. Accidentlines]]An accident or mishap is an unforeseen and unplann... Read more
ことゆえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. project; enterprise; business; industry; operations; venture; service
2. act; deed; conductOnly applies to ことわざ, See also 仕業 しわざ
1. encyclopedia; cyclopedia
1. (principle of) letting sleeping dogs lie; peace-at-any-price; don't rock the boat
ことなかれ主義 【ことなかれしゅぎ】、事勿れ主義 【ことなかれしゅぎ】
1. depending on the circumstancesUsually written using kana alone, See also に依る
- Depending on how things go, it's possible there'll be a surprise ending.
2. due to (with modifying verb)
- Australians are, on the whole, pleased with the stabilizing benefits of their political system.
Common word Links
1. (for something) to have occurred; to have done (something)Usually written using kana alone, after the past tense form of a verb
2. (for something) to happen on occasionUsually written using kana alone
1. to have been decided (so) that; to have been arranged (so) thatUsually written using kana alone, usu. sentence ending
- こと 。
- I was allowed to take a week off.
2. to be the result (of); to be the outcomeUsually written using kana alone
- Toil and worry caused his health to break down.
3. to be the reason (for)Usually written using kana alone
- It follows from what you say that he was not there.
Common word LinksDetails ▸
1. (something) has never occurred; to have never done (something); such a thing has not happenedUsually written using kana alone, after the past tense form of a verb
2. never happens; there is never a time whenUsually written using kana alone
ことが無い 【ことがない】、事が無い 【ことがない】
1. to end without incident; to not turn into something serious
事無きを得る 【ことなきをえる】、ことなきを得る 【ことなきをえる】、こと無きを得る 【ことなきをえる】