Words — 8749 found
1. legume (esp. edible legumes or their seeds, e.g. beans, peas, pulses); bean; pea
- We roast just enough beans for the amount we're going to drink, and grind them in the coffee mill.
2. soya bean (Glycine max); soybean; soySee also 大豆
3. female genitalia (esp. the clitoris)Colloquialism
4. kidneyFood, cooking, Colloquialism, Usually written using kana alone
5. small; miniature; baby; midget; small-scale
7. BeanBean is a common name for large plant seeds of several ge... Read more
荳 【まめ】、菽 【まめ】、マメ
1. idiot; moron; foolUsually written using kana alone
2. trivial matter; folly; absurdityUsually written using kana alone
- What a piece of folly!
3. stupid; foolish; dull; absurd; ridiculousUsually written using kana alone
- き 。
- I decided not to do such a foolish thing.
4. fervent enthusiast; nut; person singularly obsessed with somethingUsually written using kana alone, usu. in compounds
5. Mactra chinensis (species of trough shell)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 馬鹿貝
6. Baka (fool)Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) is a frequently used Japanese word m... Read more
莫迦 【ばか】、破家 【ばか】、馬稼 【ばか】、バカ
馬鹿: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 莫迦: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 破家: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 馬稼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. rabbit; hare; coney; cony; lagomorph (esp. leporids)Usually written using kana alone
2. RabbitRabbits are small mammals in the family Leporidae of the ... Read more
兔 【うさぎ】、菟 【うさぎ】、兎 【う】、ウサギ
菟: Irregular kanji usage. う: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. string; cordUsually written using kana alone
- つか 。
- To record something, they used knotted cords made of the wool of the llama or alpaca.
2. man who is financially dependent on a woman; gigolo; pimpUsually written using kana alone, esp. ヒモ
3. restrictions; conditionsUsually written using kana alone
4. mantle (shellfish, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
5. small intestine (beef, pork); oviduct meat (chicken)Food, cooking, Usually written using kana alone
6. TwineTwine is a light string or strong thread composed of two ... Read more
1. to be; to exist; to liveUsually written using kana alone, See also 居る いる, usu. of inanimate objects
- Excuse me; allow me to point out three errors in the above article.
2. to haveUsually written using kana alone
- I'm sorry, I have another engagement.
3. to be locatedUsually written using kana alone
4. to be equipped withUsually written using kana alone
5. to happen; to come aboutUsually written using kana alone
1. that; theUsually written using kana alone, See also この, See also あの, See also どの, something or someone distant from the speaker, close to the listener; actions of the listener, or ideas expressed or understood by the listener
- まいにち 、
- ま 。
- Every day I waited for her at the bookstore after school.
2. part (as in "part two")Usually written using kana alone, preceding a number
3. um ...; er ...; uh ...Only applies to その
1. to be able (in a position) to do; to be up to the taskUsually written using kana alone
- I'm sorry, I can't stay long.
2. to be ready; to be completedUsually written using kana alone
- お 」
- "Is the essay ready?" "No, I'm sorry. I haven't finished writing it yet."
3. to be made; to be builtUsually written using kana alone
- That football is made of genuine leather.
4. to be good at; to be permitted (to do)Usually written using kana alone
- May I use your toilet?
5. to become intimate; to take up (with somebody)Usually written using kana alone
- They seem to be in love with each other.
6. to grow; to be raisedUsually written using kana alone
- でき 。
- Oranges grow in warm countries.
7. to become pregnantUsually written using kana alone
出きる 【できる】、出來る 【できる】
出來る: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. good; excellent; fine; nice; pleasant; agreeableSee also いい, also いい (all senses)
2. sufficient; enough; ready; preparedSee also いい
3. profitable (deal, business offer, etc.); beneficialSee also いい
4. OK; all right; fine; no problemSee also いい, as て(も)良い, と(も)良い, etc.; indicates permission or compromise
良い 【えい】、善い 【よい】、善い 【えい】、好い 【よい】、好い 【えい】、佳い 【よい】、佳い 【えい】、吉い 【よい】、吉い 【えい】、宜い 【よい】、宜い 【えい】
えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 宜い: Irregular kanji usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 宜い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. please (give me)Usually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
- くだ 。
- I'd like to have some hot chocolate.
2. please (do for me)Usually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, after te-form of a verb or a noun prefixed with o- or go-
- Please show me your stamp album.
1. to see; to look; to watch; to view; to observe
- Let's begin with the fifth line on page 10.
2. to examine; to look over; to assess; to check; to judge
- My head is swimming, so I'll try writing any-old stuff without any deep thought.
3. to look after; to attend to; to take care of; to keep an eye onSee also 看る
- I can't look after my parents and such either.
4. to experience; to meet with (misfortune, success, etc.)
- い ？
- Would you like to take in a movie?
5. to try ...; to have a go at ...; to give ... a tryUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
- We should try to understand one another.
6. to see (that) ...; to find (that) ...Usually written using kana alone, as 〜てみると, 〜てみたら, 〜てみれば, etc.
観る 【みる】、視る 【みる】
1. thisUsually written using kana alone, See also その, See also あの, See also どの, something or someone close to the speaker (including the speaker), or ideas expressed by the speaker
- み 。
- I filled this glass with milk.
2. last (couple of years, etc.); these; past; thisUsually written using kana alone, in ref. to a stretch of time or date
- か 。
- During these years he wrote immortal poems.
3. you (as in "you liar")Usually written using kana alone, emphatic, accusatory, insulting
1. everyone; everybody; allUsually written using kana alone
- あい 。
- She is loved by everybody.
2. everything; allUsually written using kana alone
- The leaves have all fallen.
皆んな 【みんな】、皆 【みな】
皆んな: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. dog (Canis (lupus) familiaris)
- こわ 。
- She is afraid of barking dogs.
2. squealer; rat; snitch; informer; informant; spyDerogatory, Usually written using kana alone, See also みっこくしゃ
- き 。
- かぎまわ 。
- Watch out! A police spy is snooping around.
3. loser; assholeDerogatory
4. counterfeit; inferior; useless; wasteful
1. youUsually written using kana alone, trad. polite in ref. to someone of equal or lower status, now oft. regarded as rude or distant
- If you get enough rest every night, you'll feel much better.
2. dear; honeyFamiliar language, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 貴方, Only applies to 貴男, used by wives addressing their husbands
- Don't go, dears.
貴女 【あなた】、貴男 【あなた】
1. wanted; wished for; in need of; desiredSee also 欲しがる
- I want a knife to sharpen my pencil with.
2. I want (you) toUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
- I'd like two copies of each of these documents.
1. to go; to move (in a direction or towards a specific location); to head (towards); to be transported (towards); to reachSee also 来る くる
- おかあ 、
- Can I go swimming, Mother?
2. to proceed; to take placeSee also 旨く行く, い sometimes omitted in auxiliary use
- We'll have to try and make the best of it.
3. to pass through; to come and go
- These rules have been and always will be observed.
4. to walk
5. to die; to pass awayOnly applies to 逝く
6. to do (in a specific way)
7. to stream; to flow
8. to continueUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
9. to have an orgasm; to come; to cumUsually written using kana alone
10. to trip; to get high; to have a drug-induced hallucinationUsually written using kana alone, Slang
行く 【ゆく】、逝く 【いく】、逝く 【ゆく】、往く 【いく】、往く 【ゆく】
往く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 往く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.