Words — 776 found
1. teacher; instructor; master
- Our teacher is a gentleman in the true sense of the word.
2. sensei; title or form of address for a teacher, master, doctor, lawyer, etc.Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- I had my composition corrected by Mr Jones.
3. intimate or teasing form of addressFamiliar language, Jocular, humorous term
4. one's elderArchaism, orig. meaning
5. SenseiSensei is a Japanese word that is literally translated as... Read more
1. language; dialectSee also 言語
- い 。
- "One aspect of language is an intent to communicate," he says.
2. word; words; phrase; term; expression; remarkSee also 単語
- Words failed me.
3. speech; (manner of) speaking
- Don't be rough in speech.
4. learning to speak; language acquisition
5. Ci (poetry)Ci is a kind of lyric Classical Chinese poetry using a se... Read more
詞 【ことば】、辞 【ことば】、言葉 【けとば】
けとば: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. clock; watch; timepiece
2. ClockA clock is an instrument used to indicate, keep, and co-o... Read more
土圭 【とけい】、時計 【ときはかり】
ときはかり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. DeskA desk is a piece of furniture and a type of table often ... Read more
案 【つくえ】、机 【つき】
案: Out-dated kanji. つき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. sea; ocean; waters
2. SeaA sea generally refers to a large body of salt water, but... Read more
海 【み】、海 【わた】、海 【わだ】
み: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. libraryalso written 圕
2. LibraryA library is an organized collection of books, other prin... Read more
ずしょかん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. washing; laundry
2. relaxing; taking a breakoft. as 命の洗濯
3. LaundryLaundry is the washing of clothing and linens, the place ... Read more
洗たく 【せんたく】、洗濯 【せんだく】
せんだく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- Alice has a flower in her hair.
2. hair (on one's head)
- わたし 、ケン
- やさ 、
- I'm going with Ken. He is cool, gentle and smart. What's more, he is single!
3. mind; brains; intellectOnly applies to あたま
4. leader; chief; boss; captain
5. top; tip
6. beginning; start
- ぬす 。
- Tom had his car stolen early last week.
7. head; personOnly applies to あたま, See also 頭数
8. down payment; depositAbbreviation, Only applies to あたま, See also 頭金
9. top structural component of a kanjiOnly applies to かしら
10. pairMahjong term, Colloquialism, Only applies to あたま, See also 雀頭 ジャントー
11. NeckThe neck is the part of the body, on many terrestrial or ... Read more
1. cute; adorable; charming; lovely; prettyUsually written using kana alone
- Jill is smart as well as pretty.
2. dear; precious; darling; petUsually written using kana alone
- My children are very precious to me.
3. innocent; childlike; childish; lovableUsually written using kana alone
- ごらん 。
- Look at the cute little baby sleeping in the cradle.
4. dainty; cute little; tinyUsually written using kana alone
5. KawaiiKawaii (literally, "lovable", "cute", or "adorable") is t... Read more
可愛い: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 可愛い: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. grape; grapevineUsually written using kana alone
3. GrapeA grape is a fruiting berry of the deciduous woody vines ... Read more
えび: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. accident; incident; trouble
2. circumstances; reasons
3. Accidentlines]]An accident or mishap is an unforeseen and unplann... Read more
ことゆえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- き 。
- The mother whipped sense into her boy.
2. penisVulgar, Only applies to むすこ
3. SonA son is a male offspring; a boy or man in relation to hi... Read more
むす子 【むすこ】、息 【むすこ】、息 【そく】
そく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. EarthquakeAn earthquake (also known as a quake, tremor or temblor) ... Read more
地震 【ない】、地震 【なえ】、地震 【じぶるい】
ない: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じぶるい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. finger; toe; digit
2. FingerA finger is a limb of the human body and a type of digit,... Read more
指 【および】、指 【おゆび】
および: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おゆび: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. left and right; right and left
- ふ 。
- He gave an angry shake of his head.
2. (asserting) control; influence; domination
- おお 。
- Success often depends on one's temperament.
3. one's attendants; people accompanying one
4. (serving at somebody's) side
7. Relative directionThe most common relative directions are left, right, forw... Read more
左右 【そう】、左右 【さう】
そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. さう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. merchant; trader; tradesman; dealer; shopkeeper
3. MerchantA merchant is a businessperson who trades in commodities ... Read more
商人 【あきんど】、商人 【あきうど】、商人 【あきゅうど】、商人 【あきびと】
あきうど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あきゅうど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あきびと: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. national border; provincial border
3. BorderBorders define geographic boundaries of political entitie... Read more
国境 【くにざかい】、国界 【こっきょう】、国界 【くにざかい】、国堺 【こっきょう】、国堺 【くにざかい】、国界 【こっかい】、国堺 【こっかい】
こっかい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. こっかい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. outside; exterior
- で 、
- You have to be outside something, able to experience it from a distance, before it makes sense.
2. the open (air)
- Let's occasionally change where we go to eat out.
3. other place; somewhere else; outside one's group (family, company, etc.)Antonym: うち
- Our house, our rules.
と: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- Can you ride a horse?
2. horse racingOnly applies to うま, See also 競馬 けいば
3. promoted bishopShogi term, Abbreviation, Only applies to うま, See also 竜馬 りゅうめ
4. HorseThe horse (Equus ferus caballus) is one of two extant sub... Read more
馬 【いま】、馬 【おま】、ウマ
いま: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おま: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.