Words — 259 found
1. guest; visitor
- Do you have guests for dinner?
2. customer; client; shopper; spectator; audience; tourist; sightseer; passenger
- It was early spring, so there weren't many customers.
3. counter for containers used to entertain guests
1. dot; spot; point; speck; mark
- I can see the tiniest spot.
2. mark (in an exam, etc.); grade; score; points
- くだ 。
- Will you put a dot before the names of the successful students?
3. point (in a game); score; goal; run
- Our team is two points ahead.
4. point (in geometry)Mathematics
5. point; aspect; matter; detail; part; respect; way; viewpoint
6. (punctuation) mark (e.g. comma, period, decimal point); dot
- I'm going to have two pieces in her gallery.
7. "dot" stroke (in a Chinese character)
8. counter for points, marks, goals, etc.
9. counter for goods, items, articles of clothing, works of art, etc.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. swing; shake; wave; swinging
2. appearance; behaviourUsually written using kana alone
- Learn wisdom from the faults of others.
3. pretence (pretense); show; pretending (to)Usually written using kana alone, See also 振りをする, oft. after a noun+の or verb in the dictionary form
- I affected not to understand what he was saying.
4. going to restaurant, hotel etc. without a reservation or introductionUsually written using kana alone
5. move (dance); postures
6. lead in (e.g. to a running joke, asking a question); lead upUsually written using kana alone, See also 前振り, oft. as フリ
7. unsewn part of a hanging sleeve on a traditional Japanese woman's garment
8. counter for swords, blades, etc.
9. not wearing underwear or pantsArchaism
10. WindWind is the flow of gases on a large scale. On Earth, win... Read more
1. double; twice (as much)
- た 。
- He ate twice as much as I did.
2. times (as much); -fold
- That mountain is five times as high as this one.
3. 1-nth; 1 to n; 1 in ne.g. 40倍 - 1 in 40
1. pillar; post
- ささえ 。
- The bridge is supported by 10 posts.
2. support; prop; mainstay
- Overseas food exports are one of the mainstays of agribusiness.
3. counter for buddhas, gods, nobles, etc.
4. ColumnA column or pillar in architecture and structural enginee... Read more
1. avenue; street; way; road
2. coming and going; street traffic
3. flow (of water, air, etc.)
4. transmission (of sound); reach (e.g. of voice)
5. fame; reputation; popularity
6. the same status or way; as (e.g. as expected, as I said)
7. understanding; comprehension
8. counter for sets of things; counter for methods, ways, types
1. SundayAbbreviation, See also 日曜
- ごぜん １０
- ごご ４
- かいかん 。
- Open from 10:30am to 4pm on Sat, Sun, and Mon.
2. day (of the month)also んち or ち
- といわれ 。
- It is said that Friday the 13th is an unlucky day.
3. counter for daysalso んち or ち
- It was not until few days later that the news arrived.
4. JapanAbbreviation, See also 日本
1. Mr; Mrs; Ms; MissHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
- ねん 、安藤
- In 1995, Andou received architecture's most prestigious award.
- Judging from those facts, Mr Mori must be a wealthy person.
3. he; himHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
4. counter for peopleHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
1. counter for occurrences
- Some new kinds of rice can be harvested two or three times a year.
2. a time; an instance
- We have to win seven times in a row to win this tournament.
3. inning (baseball); round; game
4. episode; chapter; instalmentColloquialism
5. Hui (people)Abbreviation, See also 回族
6. IslamAbbreviation, See also 回教
1. variety; kind; type; category
- There are many kinds of animals in the zoo.
2. counter for kinds, species, etc.
- けっか 、
- まいにち ５０
- みつも 。
- It has been estimated that, as a result of the destruction, fifty species of wildlife are disappearing from the earth each day.
1. row; line; file; column; queue; rank; procession
2. company (of someone); group; ranks
4. counter for rows
1. stock; shareFinance
- He invested a lot of money in stocks.
2. stumporig. meaning
3. (clump of) roots; plant with attached roots or stem
- う 。
- She planted some pansies in the flower bed.
4. strain (of bacteria, etc.)Biology
5. stock company; corporation; kabushiki kaisha; KKAbbreviation, See also 株式会社, in company names; written as (株) or ㈱
- かぶ ）
- GE announced the acquisition of the Lake company for $30 million.
6. goodwill (of a business); privilege (that comes with a role)
7. reputation; standing; popularity
- あ 。
- His stock with the students has soared.
8. one's forteSee also お株, usu. as お株
- I can't absorb all of the lesson in an hour.
2. section (in an organization); division; department
- とりしき 。
- Mr Williams carries that section.
3. counter for lessons and chapters (of a book)
- はじ 。
- Let's start with Lesson Ten.
1. class (e.g. school); grade; rank
2. kyū; kyu; junior rank in martial arts, go, shogi, etc.See also 段 だん
1. curtain; bunting
- The curtain was rising then.
2. act (in play)
- This play has three acts.
1. class (of students)pronounced ぐみ as a suffix
- He is at the head of the class.
2. group (of people); party; team; crew
- Another lot of tourists arrived.
3. lot; bunch; set
4. crime family; organized-crime syndicate
5. set (of items); assortment; deck (of cards); pack
6. typesetting; compositionPrinting
1. title; subject; theme; topic
- ゆうじょう 」
- Write an essay on "Friendship".
2. problem (on a test); question
3. counter for questions (on a test)
- わりあ 。
- The teacher assigned us ten problems for homework.