1. stock; shareFinance
- He invested a lot of money in stocks.
2. stumporig. meaning
3. (clump of) roots; plant with attached roots or stem
- う 。
- She planted some pansies in the flower bed.
4. strain (of bacteria, etc.)Biology
5. stock company; corporation; kabushiki kaisha; KKAbbreviation, See also 株式会社, in company names; written as (株) or ㈱
- かぶ ）
- GE announced the acquisition of the Lake company for $30 million.
6. goodwill (of a business); privilege (that comes with a role)
7. reputation; standing; popularity
- あ 。
- His stock with the students has soared.
8. one's forteSee also お株, usu. as お株
Log in to talk about this word.