Words — 221 found
1. avenue; street; way; road
2. coming and going; street traffic
3. flow (of water, air, etc.)
4. transmission (of sound); reach (e.g. of voice)
5. fame; reputation; popularity
6. the same status or way; as (e.g. as expected, as I said)
7. understanding; comprehension
8. counter for sets of things; counter for methods, ways, types
1. SundayAbbreviation, See also 日曜
- ごぜん １０
- ごご ４
- かいかん 。
- Open from 10:30am to 4pm on Sat, Sun, and Mon.
2. day (of the month)also んち or ち
- といわれ 。
- It is said that Friday the 13th is an unlucky day.
3. counter for daysalso んち or ち
- It was not until few days later that the news arrived.
4. JapanAbbreviation, See also 日本
1. Mr; Mrs; Ms; MissHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- ねん 、安藤
- In 1995, Andou received architecture's most prestigious award.
- Judging from those facts, Mr Mori must be a wealthy person.
3. he; himHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
4. counter for peopleHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
1. counter for occurrences
- Some new kinds of rice can be harvested two or three times a year.
2. a time; an instance
- We have to win seven times in a row to win this tournament.
3. inning (baseball); round; game
4. episode; chapter; instalmentColloquialism
5. Hui (people)Abbreviation, See also 回族
6. IslamAbbreviation, See also 回教
1. variety; kind; type; category
- There are many kinds of animals in the zoo.
2. counter for different sorts of things
- けっか 、
- まいにち ５０
- みつも 。
- It has been estimated that, as a result of the destruction, fifty species of wildlife are disappearing from the earth each day.
1. row; line; file; column; queue; rank; procession
2. company (of someone); group; ranks
4. counter for rows
1. stock; share
2. stumporig. meaning
3. root; rootstock
4. strain (of bacteria, etc.)
5. tradeable rank; goodwill
6. one's forteSee also お株
- I can't absorb all of the lesson in an hour.
2. section (in an organization); division; department
- とりしき 。
- Mr Williams carries that section.
3. counter for lessons and chapters (of a book)
- はじ 。
- Let's start with Lesson Ten.
1. class (e.g. school); grade; rank
2. kyū; kyu; junior rank in martial arts, go, shogi, etc.See also 段 だん
1. curtain; bunting
- The curtain was rising then.
2. act (in play)
- This play has three acts.
1. title; subject; theme; topic
- ゆうじょう 」
- Write an essay on "Friendship".
2. problem (on a test); question
3. counter for questions (on a test)
- わりあ 。
- The teacher assigned us ten problems for homework.
1. bundle; bunch; sheaf
1. step; stair; (flight of) steps; (row of) stitches; columns (of print)
- He jumped up the steps three at a time.
2. grade; rank; level
- ちょっけい 23m(
- げだん )
- およ 18m(
- じょうだん )、
- たか 5ｍ
- It is a two level style round burial mound, 23m diameter (lower level), 18m (higher).
3. counter for breaks in written language (or speech, etc.)
4. dan; senior rank in martial arts, go, shogi, etc.See also 級 きゅう
1. rotationSee also 周り
- There are high walls about the town.
2. making the rounds
- Look about you.
4. effect; efficacy
5. by way of; via
6. round; turn
8. 12-year period; 12-year age difference
- む 。
- They confronted each other.
2. mask; face guard
- The man wore a mask of a tiger.
3. (in kendo) striking the headMartial arts term
4. surface (esp. a geometrical surface)
- た 。
- A gentle wind made ripples on the surface of the pond.
6. aspect; facet; side
- In a way, life is a cruel thing. It holds major problems in store for each one of us.
8. counter for broad, flat objects, levels or stages, e.g. in a video game
1. degree (angle, temperature, scale, etc.)
- せっし ０
- こお 。
- Water freezes at 0 degrees Centigrade.
2. counter for occurrences
- She was disqualified from the race for two false starts.
3. strength (of glasses); glasses prescription
4. alcohol content (percentage); alcohol by volume
5. extent; degree; limitSee also 度を過ごす
6. presence of mind; composureSee also 度を失う
1. elegance; grace; refinement; class; dignity
- Articles bought here will be delivered free of charge.
2. article; item
- He is a common sort of man.
3. counter for items (of food, etc.); counter for dishes or courses (at a restaurant)sometimes pronounced ぴん