Words — 1083 found
1. contribution; donation
3. DonationA donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, ... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. date; dating
2. Calendar dateA date in a calendar is a reference to a particular day r... Read more
日付け 【ひづけ】、日附 【ひづけ】
日付け: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to attach; to join; to add; to append; to affix; to stick; to glue; to fasten; to sew on; to apply (ointment)
- Put your coat on my account.
2. to furnish (a house with)
- つ 。
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
3. to wear; to put on
- He who wears armor falls with a big crash!
4. to keep a diary; to make an entry
5. to appraise; to set (a price)
- They mark down goods at that shop.
6. to allot; to budget; to assign
7. to bring alongside
8. to place (under guard or doctor)
- The policeman followed him.
9. to follow; to shadowSee also 跡をつける
10. to load; to give (courage to)
11. to keep (an eye on)
12. to establish (relations or understanding)
- No sooner had Tom turned on the TV than the fuse blew.
13. to turn on (light)See also 点ける
14. to produce flowers; to produce fruitof a plant
着ける 【つける】、附ける 【つける】
1. to be found; to be discovered
1. reception (desk); information deskesp. 受付
- かざ 。
- There were beautiful flowers on the reception desk.
2. receipt; acceptanceSee also 受け付ける
受け付け 【うけつけ】、受付け 【うけつけ】、受け付 【うけつけ】
1. to discover; to find (e.g. an error in a book); to come across; to detect; to spot
- み 。
- She came across some old documents in the closet.
2. to locate; to find (e.g. something missing); to find fault
- You won't find my weak point.
3. to be used to seeing; to be familiar withSee also 見慣れる
見付ける 【みつける】、見附ける 【みつける】、見附る 【みつける】、見付ける 【みっける】、見附ける 【みっける】、見附る 【みっける】
見附る: Irregular okurigana usage. みっける: Irregular kana usage. みっける: Irregular kana usage. みっける: Irregular kana usage. 見附る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to tidy up; to put in order; to straighten up; to put away
- Put away your toys.
2. to settle (problem); to clear (dispute)
- When did you get through with your engineering problem?
3. to finish; to bring something to an end
- かたづ 。
- I'll do that first thing in the morning.
4. to marry off (e.g. a daughter)sometimes 嫁ける
5. to do away with someone; to bump someone off
1. to be attached; to be connected with; to adhere; to stick; to cling
- The boiler was heavily scaled.
2. to remain imprinted; to scar; to stain; to dye
- The cattle are marked with brands.
3. to bear (fruit, interest, etc.)
4. to be acquired (of a habit, ability, etc.); to increase (of strength, etc.)
- He has taken to drinking since the death of his wife.
5. to take root
6. to accompany; to attend; to follow; to study with
- Does it have a bathroom?
7. to side with; to belong to
- つ 。
- He sided with the opposition group in the argument.
8. to possess; to hauntSee also 憑く
9. to be lit; to be lightedSee also 点く
- つ 。
- The TV won't turn on.
10. to be settled; to be resolved; to be decided
11. to be given (of a name, price, etc.)
12. to be sensed; to be perceived
13. to be luckyfrom 運がつく
14. to become (a state, condition, etc.)See also 付く づく, after -masu stems, onomatopoeic and mimetic words
1. to catch up (with); to draw level; to pull even; to reach
2. to be compensated; to make up for one's losses
追い付く 【おいつく】、追い着く 【おいつく】、追付く 【おいつく】、追着く 【おいつく】、おい付く 【おいつく】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. association; socializing; socialising; fellowship
つき合い 【つきあい】、付合い 【つきあい】
1. to notice; to recognize; to recognise; to become aware of; to perceive; to realize; to realise
1. to be grounded on; to be based on; to be due to; to originate from
基付く 【もとづく】、基く 【もとづく】
基く: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. neighbourhood; neighborhood; vicinity; environs
- おお 。
- There are many modern buildings around here.
2. approachingObscure term
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. attached; belonging (to); included; enclosed; affiliated; annexed; associated; subordinate; incidental; dependent; auxiliary
1. to associate with; to keep company with; to go out with; to go steady with; to get on with
2. to go along with; to follow someone's lead; to accompany someone; to compromise
付合う 【つきあう】、つき合う 【つきあう】
1. to calm down; to compose oneself; to regain presence of mind
2. to calm down; to settle down; to die down; to become stable; to abate
3. to settle down (in a location, job, etc.); to settle in
4. to be settled; to be fixed; to have been reachedof an arrangement, conclusion, etc.
5. to harmonize with; to harmonise with; to match; to suit; to fit
6. to be unobtrusive; to be quiet; to be subduedSee also 落ち着いた おちついた, usu. used pronominally as 落ち着いた
落ちつく 【おちつく】、落着く 【おちつく】、落ち付く 【おちつく】、落付く 【おちつく】
1. to think of; to hit upon; to come into one's mind; to be struck with an idea
2. to remember; to recall
1. to bring near; to bring close; to let go near
2. to associate with; to bring (people) together; to let come near (of a person)
1. to be put in order; to be put to rights
2. to be disposed of; to be solved
- I felt relieved when all the troubles were taken care of.
3. to be finished
- かたづ 。
- My work is almost finished.
4. to be married (off)also written as 嫁く
1. furnished with; including
- Oh, a bath, please.
2. attached to
3. impression; appearance
- After a streak of bad luck, a persistent gambler will be forced to play for high stakes.
4. luckUsually written using kana alone
6. under; assistant (e.g. to a manager)See also お付き
7. soup base
付き 【づき】、付 【つき】、付 【づき】、ツキ