Words — 1111 found
1. contribution; donation
3. DonationA donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, ... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. date; dating
2. Calendar dateA date in a calendar is a reference to a particular day r... Read more
日付け 【ひづけ】、日附 【ひづけ】
日付け: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to attach; to join; to add; to append; to affix; to stick; to glue; to fasten; to sew on; to apply (ointment)Usually written using kana alone
- Put your coat on my account.
2. to furnish (a house with)Usually written using kana alone
- つ 。
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
3. to wear; to put onUsually written using kana alone
- He who wears armor falls with a big crash!
4. to keep a diary; to make an entryUsually written using kana alone
- むかし 、
- She used to keep a diary, but she no longer does.
5. to appraise; to set (a price)Usually written using kana alone
- They mark down goods at that shop.
6. to allot; to budget; to assignUsually written using kana alone
7. to bring alongsideUsually written using kana alone
8. to place (under guard or doctor)Usually written using kana alone
- The policeman followed him.
9. to follow; to shadowUsually written using kana alone, See also 跡をつける
10. to load; to give (courage to)Usually written using kana alone
11. to keep (an eye on)Usually written using kana alone
12. to establish (relations or understanding)Usually written using kana alone
13. to turn on (light)Usually written using kana alone, See also 点ける
- No sooner had Tom turned on the TV than the fuse blew.
14. to produce flowers; to produce fruitUsually written using kana alone, of a plant
- My tree had a few blossoms but no fruit.
着ける 【つける】、附ける 【つける】
1. to be found; to be discovered
1. reception (desk); information deskesp. 受付
- かざ 。
- There were beautiful flowers on the reception desk.
2. receipt; acceptanceSee also 受け付ける
受け付け 【うけつけ】、受付け 【うけつけ】、受け付 【うけつけ】
1. to discover; to find (e.g. an error in a book); to come across; to detect; to spot
- み 。
- She came across some old documents in the closet.
2. to locate; to find (e.g. something missing); to find fault
- You won't find my weak point.
3. to be used to seeing; to be familiar withSee also 見慣れる
見付ける 【みつける】、見附ける 【みつける】、見附る 【みつける】、見付ける 【みっける】、見附ける 【みっける】、見附る 【みっける】
見附る: Irregular okurigana usage. みっける: Irregular kana usage. みっける: Irregular kana usage. みっける: Irregular kana usage. 見附る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to tidy up; to put in order; to straighten up; to put away
- Put away your toys.
2. to settle (problem); to clear (dispute)
- When did you get through with your engineering problem?
3. to finish; to bring something to an end
- かたづ 。
- I'll do that first thing in the morning.
4. to marry off (e.g. a daughter)sometimes 嫁ける
5. to do away with someone; to bump someone off
1. to be attached; to be connected with; to adhere; to stick; to cling
- The boiler was heavily scaled.
2. to remain imprinted; to scar; to stain; to dye
- The cattle are marked with brands.
3. to bear (fruit, interest, etc.)
4. to be acquired (of a habit, ability, etc.); to increase (of strength, etc.)
- He has taken to drinking since the death of his wife.
5. to take root
6. to accompany; to attend; to follow; to study with
- Does it have a bathroom?
7. to side with; to belong to
- つ 。
- He sided with the opposition group in the argument.
8. to possess; to hauntSee also 憑く
9. to be lit; to be lightedSee also 点く
- つ 。
- The TV won't turn on.
10. to be settled; to be resolved; to be decided
11. to be given (of a name, price, etc.)
12. to be sensed; to be perceived
13. to be luckyfrom 運がつく
14. to become (a state, condition, etc.)See also 付く づく, after -masu stems, onomatopoeic and mimetic words
1. to catch up (with); to draw level; to pull even; to reach
2. to be compensated; to make up for one's losses
追い付く 【おいつく】、追い着く 【おいつく】、追付く 【おいつく】、追着く 【おいつく】、おい付く 【おいつく】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. association; socializing; socialising; fellowship
つき合い 【つきあい】、付合い 【つきあい】
1. to notice; to recognize; to recognise; to become aware of; to perceive; to realize; to realise
1. to be grounded on; to be based on; to be due to; to originate from
基付く 【もとづく】、基く 【もとづく】
基く: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. neighbourhood; neighborhood; vicinity; environs
- おお 。
- There are many modern buildings around here.
2. approachingObscure term
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. attached; belonging (to); included; enclosed; affiliated; annexed; associated; subordinate; incidental; dependent; auxiliary
1. to associate with; to keep company with; to go out with; to go steady with; to get on with
2. to go along with; to follow someone's lead; to accompany someone; to compromise
- Would you join me in a drink?
付合う 【つきあう】、つき合う 【つきあう】
1. to calm down; to compose oneself; to regain presence of mind
2. to calm down; to settle down; to die down; to become stable; to abate
3. to settle down (in a location, job, etc.); to settle in
4. to be settled; to be fixed; to have been reachedof an arrangement, conclusion, etc.
5. to harmonize with; to harmonise with; to match; to suit; to fit
6. to be unobtrusive; to be quiet; to be subduedSee also 落ち着いた おちついた, usu. used pronominally as 落ち着いた
落ちつく 【おちつく】、落着く 【おちつく】、落ち付く 【おちつく】、落付く 【おちつく】
1. to think of; to hit upon; to come into one's mind; to be struck with an idea
2. to remember; to recall
1. to bring near; to bring close; to let go near
2. to associate with; to bring (people) together; to let come near (of a person)
1. to be put in order; to be put to rights
2. to be disposed of; to be solved
- I felt relieved when all the troubles were taken care of.
3. to be finished
- かたづ 。
- My work is almost finished.
4. to be married (off)also written as 嫁く
1. furnished with; including
- Oh, a bath, please.
2. attached to
3. impression; appearance
- After a streak of bad luck, a persistent gambler will be forced to play for high stakes.
4. luckUsually written using kana alone
6. under; assistant (e.g. to a manager)See also お付き
7. soup base
付き 【づき】、付 【つき】、付 【づき】、ツキ