Words — 70 found
1. bill; bill of sale; payment invoice
2. tab (for later payment); credit
- おねが 。
- I want to put this on house charge.
3. contact move (in go); direct attack to an enemy stoneUsually written using kana alone
4. sound effect produced by striking with clappers a wooden board in kabukiUsually written using kana alone
6. reason; motive; pretextArchaism
7. one's fortune; one's luckArchaism
1. to attach; to join; to add; to append; to affix; to stick; to glue; to fasten; to sew on; to apply (ointment)Usually written using kana alone
- Put your coat on my account.
2. to furnish (a house with)Usually written using kana alone
- つ 。
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
3. to wear; to put onUsually written using kana alone
- He who wears armor falls with a big crash!
4. to keep a diary; to make an entryUsually written using kana alone
- むかし 、
- She used to keep a diary, but she no longer does.
5. to appraise; to set (a price)Usually written using kana alone
- They mark down goods at that shop.
6. to allot; to budget; to assignUsually written using kana alone
7. to bring alongsideUsually written using kana alone
8. to place (under guard or doctor)Usually written using kana alone
- The policeman followed him.
9. to follow; to shadowUsually written using kana alone, See also 跡をつける
10. to load; to give (courage to)Usually written using kana alone
11. to keep (an eye on)Usually written using kana alone
12. to establish (relations or understanding)Usually written using kana alone
13. to turn on (light)Usually written using kana alone, See also 点ける
- No sooner had Tom turned on the TV than the fuse blew.
14. to produce flowers; to produce fruitUsually written using kana alone, of a plant
- My tree had a few blossoms but no fruit.
着ける 【つける】、附ける 【つける】
1. to add (one thing to another); to add (a few more words, an explanation, etc.)
つけ加える 【つけくわえる】、付加える 【つけくわえる】、付けくわえる 【つけくわえる】、附加える 【つけくわえる】、附け加える 【つけくわえる】
Common word Links
1. root; joint; base; crotch
つけ根 【つけね】、付根 【つけね】、附根 【つけね】、附け根 【つけね】
1. to take advantage of; to impose on
2. to make an entry (in an account book)
1. to add (to); to add on; to append
つけ足す 【つけたす】、付足す 【つけたす】
1. to take advantage (of somebody's weaknesses, carelessness, etc.); to impose on
つけ入る 【つけいる】、付入る 【つけいる】
1. assistant (esp. in show business or sumo); attendant; chaperonSee also 付き人
1. gift; present; tip
付届け 【つけとどけ】、付届 【つけとどけ】、附屆 【つけとどけ】
付届: Irregular okurigana usage. 附屆: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. bill; account
2. very successful amateur wrestler, allowed to start professional career in makushita divisionSumo term
1. way of affixing something
2. way of recording something (to a logbook, etc.)
1. thin strip of wood smeared with sulfur, used to light a fire
つけ木 【つけぎ】、付木 【つけぎ】
1. garnish (e.g. vegetables with a meat dish); trimmings; fixings; relish
付け合せ 【つけあわせ】、付合せ 【つけあわせ】、付合わせ 【つけあわせ】