Words — 70 found
1. bill; bill of sale; payment invoice
2. tab (for later payment); credit
- おねが 。
- I want to put this on house charge.
3. contact move (in go); direct attack to an enemy stoneUsually written using kana alone
4. sound effect produced by striking with clappers a wooden board in kabukiUsually written using kana alone
6. reason; motive; pretextArchaism
7. one's fortune; one's luckArchaism
1. to attach; to join; to add; to append; to affix; to stick; to glue; to fasten; to sew on; to apply (ointment)
- Put your coat on my account.
2. to furnish (a house with)
- つ 。
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
3. to wear; to put on
- He who wears armor falls with a big crash!
4. to keep a diary; to make an entry
- むかし 、
- She used to keep a diary, but she no longer does.
5. to appraise; to set (a price)
- They mark down goods at that shop.
6. to allot; to budget; to assign
7. to bring alongside
8. to place (under guard or doctor)
- The policeman followed him.
9. to follow; to shadowSee also 跡をつける
10. to load; to give (courage to)
11. to keep (an eye on)
12. to establish (relations or understanding)
- No sooner had Tom turned on the TV than the fuse blew.
13. to turn on (light)See also 点ける
14. to produce flowers; to produce fruitof a plant
- My tree had a few blossoms but no fruit.
着ける 【つける】、附ける 【つける】
1. to add (one thing to another); to add (a few more words, an explanation, etc.)
つけ加える 【つけくわえる】、付加える 【つけくわえる】、付けくわえる 【つけくわえる】、附加える 【つけくわえる】、附け加える 【つけくわえる】
Common word Links
1. root; joint; base; crotch
つけ根 【つけね】、付根 【つけね】、附根 【つけね】、附け根 【つけね】
1. to take advantage of; to impose on
2. to make an entry (in an account book)
1. to add (to); to add on; to append
つけ足す 【つけたす】、付足す 【つけたす】
1. to take advantage (of somebody's weaknesses, carelessness, etc.); to impose on
つけ入る 【つけいる】、付入る 【つけいる】
1. assistant (esp. in show business or sumo); attendant; chaperonSee also 付き人
1. gift; present; tip
付届け 【つけとどけ】、付届 【つけとどけ】、附屆 【つけとどけ】
付届: Irregular okurigana usage. 附屆: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. bill; account
2. very successful amateur wrestler, allowed to start professional career in makushita divisionSumo term
1. way of affixing something
2. way of recording something (to a logbook, etc.)
1. thin strip of wood smeared with sulfur, used to light a fire
つけ木 【つけぎ】、付木 【つけぎ】
1. garnish (e.g. vegetables with a meat dish); trimmings; fixings; relish
付け合せ 【つけあわせ】、付合せ 【つけあわせ】、付合わせ 【つけあわせ】