Words — 189 found
1. furnished with; including
- Oh, a bath, please.
2. attached to
3. impression; appearance
- After a streak of bad luck, a persistent gambler will be forced to play for high stakes.
4. luckUsually written using kana alone
6. under; assistant (e.g. to a manager)See also お付き
7. soup base
付き 【づき】、付 【つき】、付 【づき】、ツキ
1. to attach; to join; to add; to append; to affix; to stick; to glue; to fasten; to sew on; to apply (ointment)
- Put your coat on my account.
2. to furnish (a house with)
- つ 。
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
3. to wear; to put on
- He who wears armor falls with a big crash!
4. to keep a diary; to make an entry
- むかし 、
- She used to keep a diary, but she no longer does.
5. to appraise; to set (a price)
- They mark down goods at that shop.
6. to allot; to budget; to assign
7. to bring alongside
8. to place (under guard or doctor)
- The policeman followed him.
9. to follow; to shadowSee also 跡をつける
10. to load; to give (courage to)
11. to keep (an eye on)
12. to establish (relations or understanding)
- No sooner had Tom turned on the TV than the fuse blew.
13. to turn on (light)See also 点ける
14. to produce flowers; to produce fruitof a plant
- My tree had a few blossoms but no fruit.
着ける 【つける】、附ける 【つける】
1. to be attached; to be connected with; to adhere; to stick; to cling
- The boiler was heavily scaled.
2. to remain imprinted; to scar; to stain; to dye
- The cattle are marked with brands.
3. to bear (fruit, interest, etc.)
4. to be acquired (of a habit, ability, etc.); to increase (of strength, etc.)
- He has taken to drinking since the death of his wife.
5. to take root
6. to accompany; to attend; to follow; to study with
- Does it have a bathroom?
7. to side with; to belong to
- つ 。
- He sided with the opposition group in the argument.
8. to possess; to hauntSee also 憑く
9. to be lit; to be lightedSee also 点く
- つ 。
- The TV won't turn on.
10. to be settled; to be resolved; to be decided
11. to be given (of a name, price, etc.)
12. to be sensed; to be perceived
13. to be luckyfrom 運がつく
14. to become (a state, condition, etc.)See also 付く づく, after -masu stems, onomatopoeic and mimetic words
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. association; socializing; socialising; fellowship
つき合い 【つきあい】、付合い 【つきあい】
1. neighbourhood; neighborhood; vicinity; environs
- おお 。
- There are many modern buildings around here.
2. approachingObscure term
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. attached; belonging (to); included; enclosed; affiliated; annexed; associated; subordinate; incidental; dependent; auxiliary
1. to associate with; to keep company with; to go out with; to go steady with; to get on with
2. to go along with; to follow someone's lead; to accompany someone; to compromise
- Would you join me in a drink?
付合う 【つきあう】、つき合う 【つきあう】
1. to add (one thing to another); to add (a few more words, an explanation, etc.)
つけ加える 【つけくわえる】、付加える 【つけくわえる】、付けくわえる 【つけくわえる】、附加える 【つけくわえる】、附け加える 【つけくわえる】
1. assistant (esp. in show business or sumo); attendant; chaperon
2. Uchi-deshiUchi-deshi is a Japanese term for a live-in student/appre... Read more
1. grant; allowance; endowment; bestowal; assignment; conferment
1. attendance on; attendant; escort; chaperon; retinue
付添い 【つきそい】、付添 【つきそい】
1. root; joint; base; crotch
つけ根 【つけね】、付根 【つけね】、附根 【つけね】、附け根 【つけね】
1. to take advantage of; to impose on
2. to make an entry (in an account book)
1. bill; bill of sale; payment invoice
2. tab (for later payment); credit
- おねが 。
- I want to put this on house charge.
3. contact move (in go); direct attack to an enemy stoneUsually written using kana alone
4. sound effect produced by striking with clappers a wooden board in kabukiUsually written using kana alone
6. reason; motive; pretextArchaism
7. one's fortune; one's luckArchaism
1. sticking to; clinging to; adhesion; cohesion; agglutination
1. to add (to); to add on; to append
つけ足す 【つけたす】、付足す 【つけたす】
1. to accompany; to follow; to keep up withUsually written using kana alone
付いていく 【ついていく】、付いて行く 【ついていく】、ついて行く 【ついてゆく】、付いて行く 【ついてゆく】、付いてゆく 【ついてゆく】
1. to follow; to come along with one; to accompanyUsually written using kana alone
付いて来る 【ついてくる】、ついて来る 【ついてくる】