Words — 190 found
1. furnished with; including
- Oh, a bath, please.
2. attached to
3. impression; appearance
- After a streak of bad luck, a persistent gambler will be forced to play for high stakes.
4. luckUsually written using kana alone
6. under; assistant (e.g. to a manager)See also お付き
7. soup base
付き 【づき】、付 【つき】、付 【づき】、ツキ
1. to attach; to join; to add; to append; to affix; to stick; to glue; to fasten; to sew on; to apply (ointment)Usually written using kana alone
- Put your coat on my account.
2. to furnish (a house with)Usually written using kana alone
- つ 。
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
3. to wear; to put onUsually written using kana alone
- He who wears armor falls with a big crash!
4. to keep a diary; to make an entryUsually written using kana alone
- むかし 、
- She used to keep a diary, but she no longer does.
5. to appraise; to set (a price)Usually written using kana alone
- They mark down goods at that shop.
6. to allot; to budget; to assignUsually written using kana alone
7. to bring alongsideUsually written using kana alone
8. to place (under guard or doctor)Usually written using kana alone
- The policeman followed him.
9. to follow; to shadowUsually written using kana alone, See also 跡をつける
10. to load; to give (courage to)Usually written using kana alone
11. to keep (an eye on)Usually written using kana alone
12. to establish (relations or understanding)Usually written using kana alone
13. to turn on (light)Usually written using kana alone, See also 点ける
- No sooner had Tom turned on the TV than the fuse blew.
14. to produce flowers; to produce fruitUsually written using kana alone, of a plant
- My tree had a few blossoms but no fruit.
着ける 【つける】、附ける 【つける】
1. to be attached; to be connected with; to adhere; to stick; to cling
- The boiler was heavily scaled.
2. to remain imprinted; to scar; to stain; to dye
- The cattle are marked with brands.
3. to bear (fruit, interest, etc.)
4. to be acquired (of a habit, ability, etc.); to increase (of strength, etc.)
- He has taken to drinking since the death of his wife.
5. to take root
6. to accompany; to attend; to follow; to study with
- Does it have a bathroom?
7. to side with; to belong to
- つ 。
- He sided with the opposition group in the argument.
8. to possess; to hauntSee also 憑く
9. to be lit; to be lightedSee also 点く
- つ 。
- The TV won't turn on.
10. to be settled; to be resolved; to be decided
11. to be given (of a name, price, etc.)
12. to be sensed; to be perceived
13. to be luckyfrom 運がつく
14. to become (a state, condition, etc.)See also 付く づく, after -masu stems, onomatopoeic and mimetic words
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. association; socializing; socialising; fellowship
つき合い 【つきあい】、付合い 【つきあい】
1. neighbourhood; neighborhood; vicinity; environs
- おお 。
- There are many modern buildings around here.
2. approachingObscure term
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. attached; belonging (to); included; enclosed; affiliated; annexed; associated; subordinate; incidental; dependent; auxiliary
1. to associate with; to keep company with; to go out with; to go steady with; to get on with
2. to go along with; to follow someone's lead; to accompany someone; to compromise
- Would you join me in a drink?
付合う 【つきあう】、つき合う 【つきあう】
1. to add (one thing to another); to add (a few more words, an explanation, etc.)
つけ加える 【つけくわえる】、付加える 【つけくわえる】、付けくわえる 【つけくわえる】、附加える 【つけくわえる】、附け加える 【つけくわえる】
1. assistant (esp. in show business or sumo); attendant; chaperon
2. Uchi-deshiUchi-deshi is a Japanese term for a live-in student/appre... Read more
1. grant; allowance; endowment; bestowal; assignment; conferment
1. attendance (on); chaperonage
2. attendant; escort; entourage; chaperon; retinue
付添い 【つきそい】、付添 【つきそい】、附添い 【つきそい】
1. root; joint; base; crotch
つけ根 【つけね】、付根 【つけね】、附根 【つけね】、附け根 【つけね】
1. to take advantage of; to impose on
2. to make an entry (in an account book)
1. bill; bill of sale; payment invoice
2. tab (for later payment); credit
- おねが 。
- I want to put this on house charge.
3. contact move (in go); direct attack to an enemy stoneUsually written using kana alone
4. sound effect produced by striking with clappers a wooden board in kabukiUsually written using kana alone
6. reason; motive; pretextArchaism
7. one's fortune; one's luckArchaism
1. sticking to; clinging to; adhesion; cohesion; agglutination
1. to add (to); to add on; to append
つけ足す 【つけたす】、付足す 【つけたす】
1. to accompany; to follow; to keep up withUsually written using kana alone
付いていく 【ついていく】、付いて行く 【ついていく】、ついて行く 【ついてゆく】、付いて行く 【ついてゆく】、付いてゆく 【ついてゆく】
1. to follow; to come along with one; to accompanyUsually written using kana alone
付いて来る 【ついてくる】、ついて来る 【ついてくる】