Words — 1573 found
1. hand; armSee also お手 おて, occ. pronounced た when a prefix
- I made motions at him to come here with my hand.
2. forepaw; forelegColloquialism, See also お手 おて
- Here is a pan without handles.
4. hand; worker; help
5. trouble; care; effort
6. means; way; trick; move; technique; workmanship
- おも 。
- I hit upon a good idea.
7. hand; handwriting
8. kind; type; sort
9. one's hands; one's possessionSee also 手に入る
- はい 。
- Books are now within the reach of everybody.
10. ability to copeSee also 手に余る
11. hand (of cards)
- くば 。
- I was dealt a good hand.
12. directionSee also 山の手
13. move (in go, shogi, etc.)
15. HandA hand is a prehensile, multi-fingered extremity located ... Read more
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperAbbreviation, Only applies to 赤, See also 銅 あかがね
8. red 5-point cardHanafuda, Abbreviation, See also あかたん
10. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. cat (esp. the domestic cat, Felis catus)
- Your site appeals to people who are interested in cats.
4. wheelbarrowAbbreviation, See also 猫車
5. clay bed-warmerAbbreviation, See also 猫火鉢
6. bottom; submissive partner of a homosexual relationshipUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Antonym: タチ
7. CatThe domestic cat (Felis catus or Felis silvestris catus, ... Read more
1. box; case; chest; package; pack; crate
- あ 。
- Twist that knob to the right and the box will open.
2. car (of a train, etc.)
3. shamisen case; shamisen
4. public building; community buildingColloquialism, See also 箱物, often written as ハコ
5. man who carries a geisha's shamisenArchaism, See also 箱屋
6. receptacle for human waste; feces (faeces)Archaism
7. counter for boxes (or boxed objects)
8. BoxBox describes a variety of containers and receptacles for... Read more
函 【はこ】、匣 【はこ】、筥 【はこ】、筐 【はこ】、凾 【はこ】、ハコ
1. salt; common salt; table salt; sodium chloride
2. hardship; toil; trouble
3. saltinessFood, cooking
4. cold; unwelcoming; indifferentColloquialism
5. SaltSalt, also known as table salt, or rock salt, is a crysta... Read more
- Alice has a flower in her hair.
2. hair (on one's head)
- わたし 、ケン
- やさ 、
- I'm going with Ken. He is cool, gentle and smart. What's more, he is single!
3. mind; brains; intellectOnly applies to あたま
4. leader; chief; boss; captain
5. top; tip
6. beginning; start
- ぬす 。
- Tom had his car stolen early last week.
7. head; personOnly applies to あたま, See also 頭数
8. down payment; depositAbbreviation, Only applies to あたま, See also 頭金
9. top structural component of a kanjiOnly applies to かしら
10. pairMahjong, Colloquialism, Only applies to あたま, See also 雀頭 ジャントー
11. NeckThe neck is the part of the body, on many terrestrial or ... Read more
1. normal; ordinary; regular; usual; common; average
- Sunday is not an ordinary day to me.
2. normally; ordinarily; usually; generally; commonly
- ふつう ９
- ね 。
- She usually goes to bed at nine.
3. local train; train that stops at every stationAbbreviation, See also 普通列車
4. Normality (behavior)Normality (also known as normalcy) is the state of being ... Read more
1. graduation; completion (of a course)
- い 。
- After he left school, he went to London.
2. moving on (from); outgrowing (something); leaving (a group, company, etc.); quitting
- I feel I'm growing out of pop music.
3. GraduationGraduation is the action of receiving or conferring an ac... Read more
1. lie; fib; falsehood; untruth
- わ 。
- What he said turned out to be false.
2. mistake; error
- Oh my God, I can't believe this.
3. unwise move; bad decision
4. no way!; unbelievable!; really?!Colloquialism
5. LieTo lie is to hold something which one knows is not the wh... Read more
1. expert; learned person
- はじ 。
- In 1972, Dr. Francine Patterson started to teach sign language to Koko.
2. doctor; PhD; Dr.Colloquialism, See also 博士 はくし
3. instructor at the imperial court (ritsuryo period)
4. pitch and length marks (to accompany a Buddhist liturgical chant, etc.)See also 墨譜
5. Doctor (title)Doctor, as a title, originates from the Latin word of the... Read more
1. tiger (Panthera tigris)
- If a tiger should come out of the cage, what would you do?
2. drunkard; drunk; sotColloquialism
3. TigerThe tiger (Panthera tigris) is the largest cat species, r... Read more
1. field (for fruits, vegetables, etc.); cultivated land; vegetable plot; kitchen garden; plantation
- When spring comes, they dig up the fields and plant seeds.
2. field (of specialization); sphere; areaOnly applies to はたけ, ばたけ when suf
- そだ 。
- He has had a long teaching career.
3. womb; birth; birthplaceColloquialism, Only applies to はたけ
4. Field (agriculture)In agriculture, the word field refers generally to an are... Read more
畑 【はた】、畠 【はたけ】、畠 【はた】
1. hut; cabin; shed; (animal) pen
2. small theatre (theater); temporary playhouse; circus tent; boothOnly applies to こや
3. one's own houseHumble (kenjougo) language, Colloquialism, esp. しょうおく
4. Hut (dwelling)A hut is a temporary shelter.
1. underground; below the groundAntonym: 地上
- も 。
- The house has pipes under the ground to carry dirty water away.
2. world of the dead; the grave
3. underground (activities, movement, etc.); secret; illegal; in hiding
- うたが 。
- He was suspected of underground action.
4. Subterranea (geography)Subterranea refers to underground structures, both natura... Read more
1. legume (esp. edible legumes or their seeds, e.g. beans, peas, pulses); bean; pea
- We roast just enough beans for the amount we're going to drink, and grind them in the coffee mill.
2. soya bean (Glycine max); soybean; soySee also 大豆
3. female genitalia (esp. the clitoris)Colloquialism
4. kidneyFood, cooking, Colloquialism, Usually written using kana alone
5. small; miniature; baby; midget; small-scale
7. BeanBean is a common name for large plant seeds of several ge... Read more
荳 【まめ】、菽 【まめ】、マメ
- What did the announcement just say?
2. you-know-what; that thing
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. whatsit; whachamacallit; what's-his-name; what's-her-name
4. (not) at all; (not) in the slightestwith neg. sentence
5. what?; huh?indicates surprise
- こしぬ ！
- What? You can't do it? You coward! Chicken!
6. hey!indicates anger or irritability
7. oh, no (it's fine); why (it's nothing); oh (certainly not)used to dismiss someone's worries, concerns, etc.
1. to request; to beg; to ask
- May I request a favour of you?
2. to call; to order; to reserve
- とど 。
- I'm still waiting for my order.
3. to entrust to
- Take care of Mr. Tanaka for me!
4. to rely onesp. 恃む
5. please; please doColloquialism
恃む 【たのむ】、憑む 【たのむ】