Words — 3361 found
1. manual labor; manual labour; toil; work
- I can't do the hard day's work I used to.
2. Labour PartyAbbreviation, See also 労働党
労動: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. board; plank
- The arrow pierced the thick board.
2. sheet (of metal); plate (of glass); pane; slab
- This iron sheet is coated with tin.
3. cutting board; chopping boardSee also 俎板
5. stage (i.e. at a theatre)
1. silver (Ag)
- ぎん 、
- きん 。
- Speech is silver, silence is golden.
2. silver coin; money
3. silver medal
4. silver colour; silver color
5. bankAbbreviation, Only applies to ぎん, See also 米銀
6. silver generalShogi term, Abbreviation, Only applies to ぎん, See also 銀将 ぎんしょう
7. SilverSilver is a metallic chemical element with the chemical s... Read more
銀 【しろがね】、銀 【しろかね】、白銀 【しろがね】、白銀 【しろかね】、白金 【しろがね】、白金 【しろかね】
しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 白金: Irregular kanji usage. しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 白金: Irregular kanji usage.
1. basement; cellar; underground place
- も 。
- The house has pipes under the ground to carry dirty water away.
2. underground; below ground
3. secret; under cover
- うたが 。
- He was suspected of underground action.
4. underground (railway); subway; metroColloquialism, Abbreviation
5. Subterranea (geography)Subterranea refers to underground structures, both natura... Read more
1. can; tinFrom Dutch; Flemish “kan”, From English “can”
2. canned foodAbbreviation, See also 缶詰
3. Tin canA tin can, tin, steel can, or a can, is a sealed containe... Read more
罐 【かん】、鑵 【かん】、カン
缶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 罐: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 鑵: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji.
1. muscle; tendon; sinew
2. vein; artery
3. fiber; fibre; string
4. line; stripe; streak
5. reason; logicSee also 筋が通る
- とお 。
- There isn't much logic in what you're saying.
6. plot; storyline
- I don't understand this novel's plot.
7. lineage; descent
8. school (e.g. of scholarship or arts)
9. aptitude; talent
10. source (of information, etc.); circle; channel
- きょねん 、
- き 。
- I heard about it from another source last year.
11. well-informed person (in a transaction)
12. logical move (in go, shogi, etc.)
13. ninth vertical lineShogi term
14. seam on a helmet
15. gristly fish paste (made of muscle, tendons, skin, etc.)Abbreviation, See also 筋蒲鉾
16. social position; statusArchaism
17. on (a river, road, etc.); along
18. counter for long thin things; counter for roads or blocks when giving directions
19. (Edo period) counter for hundreds of mon (obsolete unit of currency)Archaism
20. SujiSuji may refer to: Suji, Kilimanjaro, a small village in ... Read more
1. teaSee also お茶
- Tea is widely grown in India.
2. tea plant (Camellia sinensis)
3. tea preparation; making teaSee also 茶道
4. brownAbbreviation, See also 茶色
- One of the cats is black, the other is brown.
5. mockeryArchaism, See also 茶化す
6. TeaTea is an aromatic beverage prepared by pouring boiling h... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. idiot; moron; foolUsually written using kana alone
2. trivial matter; folly; absurdityUsually written using kana alone
- What a piece of folly!
3. stupid; foolish; dull; absurd; ridiculousUsually written using kana alone
- き 。
- I decided not to do such a foolish thing.
4. fervent enthusiast; nut; person singularly obsessed with somethingUsually written using kana alone, usu. in compounds
5. Mactra chinensis (species of trough shell)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 馬鹿貝
6. Baka (fool)Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) is a frequently used Japanese word m... Read more
莫迦 【ばか】、破家 【ばか】、馬稼 【ばか】、バカ
馬鹿: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 莫迦: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 破家: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 馬稼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. obi; kimono sash
- Her kimono and obi combination is smart, isn't it?
3. band; belt; strip
4. cingulumAnatomical term
6. Obi (sash)is a sash for traditional Japanese dress, keikogi worn fo... Read more
帯 【たらし】、帶 【おび】、帶 【たらし】
たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji. たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji.
2. four years of age
3. ten o'clock (old time system)
4. cross gripsSumo term, Abbreviation, See also 四つ身
四つ 【よつ】、４つ 【よっつ】、４つ 【よつ】
1. postcardAbbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 郵便葉書
- Put this stamp on the postcard and drop it in the mailbox.
2. memo; note; cardUsually written using kana alone
葉書き 【はがき】、端書 【はがき】、端書き 【はがき】、ハガキ
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. senior high school; high schoolAbbreviation, See also 高等学校