Words — 315 found
2. PersuasionPersuasion is the influence of beliefs, attitudes, intent... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. satisfaction; pride; triumph; elation
- おも 。
- He congratulates himself on his foresight.
2. one's strong point; one's forte; one's specialty
- Are you good at mathematics?
3. regular customer; regular client; patron
1. consent; agreement; acceptance
2. understanding; satisfaction (e.g. with an explanation); being convinced
1. peculiarity; uniqueness; characteristic
2. understood only by oneselfOnly applies to 独得
1. to get; to earn; to acquire; to procure; to gain; to secure; to attain; to obtain; to win獲る esp. refers to catching wild game, etc.
- あらそ 。
- Ten teams competed for the prize.
2. to understand; to comprehend
- と 。
- She won first prize in the speech contest.
3. to receive something undesirable (e.g. a punishment); to get (ill)
1. to know; to understand; to be aware of; to regard as; to take for
- こころえ 。
- She knows her husband's psychology.
2. to (understand and) accept (a responsibility)
3. to have a knowledge of (a skill, art, etc.); to have a command of; to know (how to do)
1. cannot be helped; unavoidable
止むを得ない 【やむをえない】、已むを得ない 【やむをえない】
已むを得ない: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. acquisition; possession
1. knowledge; understanding
2. rules; regulations; guideline; directionsSee also 執務心得 しつむこころえ
3. deputy; acting
1. income tax
2. Income taxAn income tax is a tax levied on the income of individual... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. to be able to ...; can ...after the -masu stem of a verb
- It was a satisfactory arrangement for fifteen years.
2. to get; to acquire; to obtain; to procure; to earn; to win; to gain; to secure; to attainFormal or literary term, See also 得る える
- おお 。
- I benefited much from my association with him.
1. learning; acquisition (of a skill, knowledge, etc.)
1. profit; advantage; benefit; gainalso written as 徳
- It pays to be polite.
2. rebirth in paradise, entering nirvanaBuddhism
1. obtaining (a qualification, right, object, etc.); acquisition (of land, property, etc.); gaining possession (of); getting; purchase
1. show; display; pretensions; appearances; ostentation; vanityOnly applies to 見栄, Only applies to 見え
2. pose; posture, usu. 見得
見え 【みえ】、見得 【みえ】
見栄: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 見得: Ateji (phonetic) reading.