Words — 3397 found
1. world; society; publicOnly applies to 世
- やってき 。
- Light has come into the world.
2. life; lifetime
- Newspapers influence the current of time.
3. age; era; period; epoch; generation
4. reign; rule
5. the timesOnly applies to 世
6. world (of existence)Buddhist term, Only applies to 世
7. Series (stratigraphy)Series are subdivisions of rock layers made based on the ... Read more
Common word Links
1. hey; youat sentence-end; indicates certainty, emphasis, contempt, request, etc.
- You can buy it for a thousand yen or so.
2. heyafter a noun; used when calling out to someone
- かえ 。
- Lover, come back to me.
3. hey; hold onin mid-sentence; used to catch one's breath or get someone's attention
4. yo; hey
5. Yo (kana)よ, in hiragana, or ヨ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. over; more thanOnly applies to 余, See also 以上, also written as 餘
2. I; meArchaism, formal or oratory
- Shurrup! Don't make such a fuss over a little headache. I'm flat out of magical power - this is all your fault!
1. evening; night
2. NightNight or nighttime is the period of time between the suns... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
2. from; out of; since; at; on
- とうじょう ！
- Now Beth enters, stage right!
3. except; but; other than
- しかた 。
- I had no choice but to stay.
- Since we can't find a better one, let's make the best of what we have.
5. Yori (kana), read as yori, is a typographic ligature in the Japanese... Read more
1. estimate; budget
2. BudgetA budget (from old French bougette, purse) is a financial... Read more
- やく ４
- It has a wingspan of about four inches.
3. counter for birds or bird wingsArchaism, Only applies to よく
4. WingA wing is an appendage with a surface that produces lift ... Read more
3. LavaLava refers both to molten rock expelled by a volcano dur... Read more
1. good; excellent; fine; nice; pleasant; agreeableSee also いい, also いい (all senses)
2. sufficient; enough; ready; preparedSee also いい
3. profitable (deal, business offer, etc.); beneficialSee also いい
4. OK; all right; fine; no problemSee also いい, as て(も)良い, と(も)良い, etc.; indicates permission or compromise
良い 【えい】、善い 【よい】、善い 【えい】、好い 【よい】、好い 【えい】、佳い 【よい】、佳い 【えい】、吉い 【よい】、吉い 【えい】、宜い 【よい】、宜い 【えい】
えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 宜い: Irregular kanji usage. えい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 宜い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to read
2. to countSee also さばを読む, now mostly used in idioms
3. to guess; to predict; to read (someone's thoughts); to see (e.g. into someone's heart); to divine
1. to call out (to); to call; to invoke
- よ 、
- He will come if you call him.
2. to summon (a doctor, etc.)
- い 。
- You invited me to your party, but I can't make it this time.
3. to invite
- たず 。
- "Are you sure you want to call the police?" I asked her.
4. to designate; to name; to brand
- よ 。
- This movie has won great popularity.
5. to garner (support, etc.); to gather
- You will be called Cephas.
6. to take as one's wifeArchaism, See also 娶る
喚ぶ 【よぶ】、招ぶ 【よぶ】
招ぶ: Irregular kanji usage.
1. weak; frail; delicate; tender; unskilled; weak (wine)
1. Western-style clothes (cf. traditional Japanese clothes)
1. horizontal (as opposed to vertical); lying downSee also 横になる
- The mother laid her baby on the bed.
2. side-to-side (as opposed to front-to-back); width; breadthSee also 首を横に振る
- As the road was wet, the car must have slipped sideways.
3. side (of a box, etc.)
- おお 。
- The side of the house was covered with ivy.
4. beside; aside; next to
- That person has a mole at the side of his eye.
5. unconnectedSee also 横から口を挟む
2. four years of age
3. ten o'clock (old time system)
4. cross gripsSumo term, See also 四つ身
四つ 【よつ】、４つ 【よっつ】、４つ 【よつ】
1. 10,000; ten thousand萬 is sometimes used in legal documents
- あふれで 。
- 400,000 gallons of oil have spilled out of the pipeline.
3. everything; allOnly applies to よろず
4. variousArchaism, Only applies to よろず
万 【よろず】、萬 【まん】、萬 【よろず】
萬: Out-dated kanji. 萬: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. nicely; properly; well; skillfully; skilfullyUsually written using kana alone, See also 良い
- とみられ 。
- The project is well-planned and interesting, but its immediate impact on the bottom line is not considered substantial.
2. frequently; oftenUsually written using kana alone
- Mitsuna is very tidy so she often cleans up without being asked.
善く 【よく】、能く 【よく】、好く 【よく】、克く 【よく】
2. KindergartenA kindergarten is a preschool educational institution for... Read more