Words — 31 found
1. above; up; over; elder (e.g. daughter)
- It's in the overhead compartment.
2. top; summit; head (e.g. of a staircase)
- If you stand on this stool, you can reach the top of the closet.
- Are there any pens on the desk?
4. before; previous
5. superiority; one's superior; one's elder
6. on top of that; besides; what's morefollowing a verb or adjective
- つよ 。
- It was cold, and, in addition, it was windy.
7. upon (further inspection, etc.); based on (and occurring after)following a verb or noun
- They acted immediately by agreement.
8. matters concerning ...; as concerns ...
9. since (i.e. "for that reason")as ～上は
10. honorable; venerableHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), See also 父上, suffix indicating higher social standing than the speaker
11. place of one's superior (e.g. the throne)Archaism
12. emperor; sovereign; shogun; daimyoArchaism
13. noblewoman (esp. the wife of a nobleman)Archaism
Common word Links
1. section of Tokyo
- Ueno is the station after next.
2. Ueno, TokyoUeno, Tokyo is a district in Tokyo's Taitō Ward, best kno... Read more
Common word Links
1. pointing up; pointing upward; upturn; uptrend; upward tendencyAntonym: 下向き
1. to point upward; to look upwardAntonym: 下向く
2. to improve
- どちらかとい 、
- うわむ 。
- If anything, the economy in our country is going up.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. Battle of Ueno (battle of the Boshin war, 1868)
2. Battle of UenoThe Battle of Ueno was a battle of the Boshin War, which ... Read more
1. greatness is comparative; there is always someone better than youProverb
2. Puss Gets the BootPuss Gets the Boot is a one-reel animated cartoon and the... Read more
1. emperor; shogun
2. honored person (honoured)
3. (another person's) wifePolite (teineigo), Only applies to かみさま
上様 【うえざま】、上様 【かみさま】
1. superior; boss; higher-up
2. them (as opposed to "us")
3. person above; upstairs neighbour (neighbor)