Words — 122 found
1. other; another; remaining; leftover
2. over; more than
- Shurrup! Don't make such a fuss over a little headache. I'm flat out of magical power - this is all your fault!
3. I; meFormal or literary term, Only applies to 余, See also 予 よ
餘: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. surplus; margin; leeway; room; space; time; allowance; flexibility; scope
- I cannot afford to keep a car.
2. composure; placidity; complacency; calm
1. extra; more; too much; too many; excessive; superfluous; spare; surplus
- けっか 、
- あ 。
- The extra effort raised his blood pressure above normal.
2. unnecessary; needless; uncalled-for; unwanted; uninvited
- What did they add this needless function for?
3. all the more; even more
- It will aggravate the wound.
1. another place; somewhere else; strange partsUsually written using kana alone, See also 他所 たしょ
2. outside (one's family or group); someone else; other peopleUsually written using kana alone, Antonym: 内 うち
3. not caring for; being indifferent to; taking little notice of; ignoring; neglectingUsually written using kana alone, See also よそにする, as 〜をよそに, 〜をよそにして, etc.
他所 【よそ】、外 【よそ】
1. place; room; margin; scope
餘地: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
2. DigressionDigression (parekbasis in Greek, egressio, digressio and ... Read more
1. remainder of one's life; one's remaining days; time left (to live)
1. waves that remain after the wind has subsided
2. after-effect; aftermathOnly applies to よは
- There was no electricity for two days in the aftermath of the typhoon.
余波 【なごり】、余波 【なごろ】
なごろ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. reverberation; swelling (of a hymn); trailing note
2. lingering memory; aftertaste
3. suggestiveness (of a book, poem, etc.)
1. very; greatly; much; considerably; to a large extent; quiteUsually written using kana alone, See also よほど, 余 is ateji
- It must have been something really big for him to strike a triumphant pose like that.
2. just about to; almost; very nearlyUsually written using kana alone, See also よほど
余っ程: Rarely-used kanji form.
JLPT N1 Links
1. performance (at a party or banquet, etc.); side show; entertainment
1. distant; cold; formalUsually written using kana alone