Words — 91 found
1. inside; within
- I have a dream that AIDS will be cured in my lifetime.
2. while (e.g. one is young); during; within (e.g. a day); in the course ofUsually written using kana alone
- The young boy got sticky fingers when he walked into stores.
3. among; amongst; (out) of; betweenUsually written using kana alone, as 〜のうち
- One of my sons is a teacher, and the other is a doctor.
4. in (secret, chaos, poverty, etc.); amidst; with (e.g. success)Usually written using kana alone, also 裡, 裏; as のうちに after a noun representing a state or condition
- たず 。
- "Would you like to work for me, Tony?" asked Mr Wood.
5. within oneself; one's feelings; inner thoughts
7. one's home; one's familyUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to 内, See also 家 うち, also 家
8. my spouse; my husband; my wifeOnly applies to 内
9. signed on behalf of (husband's name) by his wifeOnly applies to 内, in a letter after the husband's name
10. I; meUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, Only applies to 内, primarily used by women and children
11. imperial palace groundsArchaism, Only applies to 内
12. emperorArchaism, Only applies to 内
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. itemization (of expenses); the items; breakdown; classification
1. inside; interior; inner partAntonym: 外側
1. inside and outside; interior and exterior
2. inside and outside the country; home and abroad; domestic and foreignOnly applies to ないがい
3. around; about; approximately
1. family circle; one's circle (of friends, co-workers, etc.); one's fellows; in-group
- That love affair is a family secret.
2. private matters; internal affairs
3. conservative (e.g. estimate); moderate
4. pigeon toe (walking); in-toeingSee also 外輪 そとわ
1. lowdown; inside curtain; inside information; hidden circumstances; inside facts; inner workings; undisclosed circumstances
1. inner thigh
2. (walking) pigeon-toed; one's toes turned inwardOnly applies to うちまた
- That guy is walking pigeon-toed.
3. uchimata (judo); throwing an opponent by putting one's leg between their legsOnly applies to うちまた
4. Uchi matais one of the original 40 throws of Judo as developed by ... Read more
内股 【うちもも】、内腿 【うちもも】
1. deposit; money paid on account
- おねが 。
- We'd like a deposit of $50.
2. bargain money
1. someone haughty and boastful at home but meek and reserved outside; being a lion at home and a mouse abroad
1. internal lock
- つ 。
- When my home had an extension built I only had this room fitted with soundproofing and an internal lock.
1. private; confidential; informal; secret; (within the) family circle; (on the) inside
内々 【ないない】、内内 【うちうち】、内内 【ないない】
1. Lord Keeper of the Privy Seal (1885-1945 CE)Only applies to ないだいじん
2. Minister of the Interior (669-1868 CE)
3. NaidaijinThe Naidaijin, usually translated as Inner Minister—also ... Read more
内大臣 【うちのおとど】、内大臣 【うちのおおまえつぎみ】、内大臣 【うちのおおおみ】
うちのおとど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うちのおおまえつぎみ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うちのおおおみ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. inner moat; moat within the castle walls
内壕 【うちぼり】、内濠 【うちぼり】