1. inside; within
- I have a dream that AIDS will be cured in my lifetime.
2. whileUsually written using kana alone, See also ないうちに, also 裡
- The young boy got sticky fingers when he walked into stores.
3. among; amongst; betweenUsually written using kana alone
- One of my sons is a teacher, and the other is a doctor.
4. we; ourUsually written using kana alone, See also 家 うち, in ref. to one's in-group, e.g. company, etc.
- たず 。
- "Would you like to work for me, Tony?" asked Mr Wood.
5. my spouse
6. imperial palace groundsArchaism
8. I; meKansai dialect, primarily used by women and children
Log in to talk about this word.