Words — 5078 found
1. fruit; nut
- Some boys made away with all the ripe fruits on my persimmon tree.
3. (in broth) pieces of meat, vegetable, etc.
4. content; substance
3. one's place; one's position
4. main part; meat (as opposed to bone, skin, etc.); wood (as opposed to bark); blade (as opposed to its handle); container (as opposed to its lid)
Common word Links
1. sixth sign of the Chinese zodiac (The Serpent, 9am-11am, south-southeast, April)
2. Snake (zodiac)The Snake is one of the 12-year cycle of animals which ap... Read more
1. water (esp. cool, fresh water, e.g. drinking water)See also 湯 ゆ, み is generally used in compounds
2. fluid (esp. in an animal tissue); liquid
3. flood; floodwaters
4. water offered to wrestlers just prior to a boutSumo term, Only applies to みず, See also 力水
5. break granted to wrestlers engaged in a prolonged boutSumo term, Only applies to みず, See also 水入り
6. WaterWater is a chemical substance with the chemical formula H... Read more
1. sea; ocean; waters
2. SeaA sea generally refers to a large body of salt water, but... Read more
海 【み】、海 【わた】、海 【わだ】
み: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. three参 is used in legal documents
三 【み】、３ 【さん】、３ 【み】、参 【さん】、参 【み】
1. looking; viewing
2. (please) try (to)Colloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, See also 見る, after the -te form of a verb; irreg. imperative conj. of 見る
1. -ness (as in sweetness); -th (as in warmth)nominalizing suffix, esp. of sensory or subjective adjectives; also written with the ateji 味
2. -ness (as in deepness, weakness); -th (as in depth)nominalizing suffix indicating location
3. alternating between ... and ...as ～み...～み
4. Mi (kana)み, in hiragana, or ミ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. augustHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
深 【み】、美 【み】
深: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 美: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. road; path; street; lane; passage
- The path zigzagged up the steep slope.
2. route; way
- One's life is like going far with a burden on one's back.
3. distance; journey
4. road (e.g. to victory); course
5. way (of living, proper conduct, etc.); moral principles
6. teachings (esp. Confucian or Buddhist); dogma
7. field (e.g. of medicine); subject; speciality
8. means; way; method
9. DiameterIn geometry, a diameter of a circle is any straight line ... Read more
途 【みち】、路 【みち】、径 【みち】
- He whispered something in her ear.
- とお 。
- She goes to a school for the deaf.
3. edge; crust
4. selvedge (non-fray machined edge of fabrics); selvage
5. EarThe ear is the organ that detects sound. It not only rece... Read more
- Can you tell green from blue?
2. greenery (esp. fresh verdure)
- とうきょう ミッドタウン
- There's a lot of greenery in Tokyo Midtown!
3. GreenGreen is a color, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
2. SouthSouth is a noun, adjective, or adverb indicating directio... Read more
2. LakeA lake is a body of relatively still fresh or salt water ... Read more
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood term
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. tryUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Jocular, humorous term, See also 見る, imperative; after the -te form of a verb; pun on 見ろ
6. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more