Words — 18 found
1. to see; to look; to watch; to view; to observe
- Let's begin with the fifth line on page 10.
2. to look over; to look on; to assess; to examine; to judgeSee also 診る
- My head is swimming, so I'll try writing any-old stuff without any deep thought.
3. to look after; to keep an eye on; to take care ofUsually written using kana alone, See also 看る
- I can't look after my parents and such either.
4. to view (e.g. flowers, movie)usu. 観る
- い ？
- Would you like to take in a movie?
5. to try; to try out; to testUsually written using kana alone, usu. after a conative verb as 〜てみる
- We should try to understand one another.
6. to see that...; to find that...Usually written using kana alone, usu. after an aconative verb as 〜てみると, 〜てみれば, 〜てみたら, etc.
観る 【みる】、視る 【みる】
Common word Links
1. very fast; in a twinkle; before one's eyesUsually written using kana alone
1. public opinion; public eye; (in) the eyes of others
2. discerning eye; an eye (for sth)
3. perspective; way of looking at things; point of view
1. (so miserable that it is) painful to look at; painful to watchIdiomatic expression
1. mere shadow of one's former self; having no trace left (of former glories, talent, looks, etc.); unrecognizable (as the person one used to be); unrecognisableIdiomatic expression
1. Yama's pole with a human head on the top (able to discern good and evil of the dead)See also 閻魔
2. (being a) fuss-pot; complaining about things in the public eye
1. so miserable that it is painful to look at; can't bear to look at; painful to watchIdiomatic expression
1. there is a great difference between being told about something and actually seeing it with your own eyesProverb
1. unable to let pass unnoticed; unable to be indifferent; unable to just watch (without doing anything); can't bear to see; can't stand watching; can't just stand bySee also 見かねる みかねる