Words — 211 found
1. I; me
- き 。
- I could hear someone calling my name on the noisy platform.
2. private affairs; personal matter; secrecyOnly applies to わたくし
3. selfishnessOnly applies to わたくし
1. myself; yourself; oneself; himself; herself
- う 、
- かんがえなお 。
- Conflicting reports prompted the director to reconsider her position.
2. I; me
- い 。
- Mr Smith says he was born in New York, but that his wife comes from Japan.
3. youKansai dialect
- What did the announcement just say?
2. how manyOnly applies to なん, See also 何か月, followed by a counter
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. large number of; manyOnly applies to なん, See also 何度も, See also 何日も, followed by (optional number), counter and も
- I know you're at an age where sexual desire flourishes and you want to do 'you-know-what' with 'that' but... well, sit down there.
4. you-know-what; that
5. whatsit; what's the expression; what do you call them
6. what?expressing surprise
7. hey!expressing anger or irritability
1. whoだあれ is emphatic or inquisitive
誰 【だあれ】、誰 【たれ】、誰 【た】
たれ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. た: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. you (referring to someone of equal or lower status)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo), 貴女 refers only to females and 貴男 refers only to males
- If you get enough rest every night, you'll feel much better.
2. dear (what a wife calls a husband)Only applies to 貴方, Only applies to 貴男
- Don't go, dears.
貴女 【あなた】、貴男 【あなた】
1. that (indicating an item or person near the listener, the action of the listener, or something on their mind); itUsually written using kana alone, See also 何れ, See also 此れ, See also 彼 あれ
- お 、
- Should that happen, what will you do?
2. that time; then
- た 。
- That was when I was in the first year at high school, so 17 years have passed since then.
3. there (indicating a place near the listener)Archaism
其: Irregular okurigana usage.
- Where do you watch television?
2. how much (long, far); what extentUsually written using kana alone
何処 【いどこ】、何所 【どこ】、何所 【いどこ】、何處 【どこ】、何處 【いどこ】、何処 【いずこ】、何処 【いずく】、何処 【いづこ】
いどこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. いどこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 何處: Out-dated kanji. いどこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 何處: Out-dated kanji. いずく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. いづこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. this way (direction close to the speaker or towards the speaker); this directionUsually written using kana alone, See also 何方 どちら, See also 其方, See also 彼方 あちら
- Look at the boy and his dog that are coming this way.
2. here (place close to the speaker or where the speaker is)
- Could you pass me the salt, please?
3. this one (something physically close to the speaker)
- たか 。
- This costs more than that.
4. I; me; we; us
- おねが 。
- This is Aya, this is Aya. Please respond.
5. this person (someone physically close to the speaker and of equal or higher status)
- Aunt, this is Tom.
此方 【こっち】、此方 【こち】
こち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. there (place physically distant from both speaker and listener); over there; that place; yonder; you-know-whereUsually written using kana alone, See also どこ, See also ここ, See also そこ
- み 。
- A form appeared from over there.
2. genitals; private parts; nether regionsColloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to あそこ, Only applies to あすこ, Only applies to アソコ
- せんせい 、
- Doctor, I've got an itch in my crotch.
3. that far (something psychologically distant from both speaker and listener); that much; that pointUsually written using kana alone, See also あれほど
彼処 【あすこ】、彼処 【かしこ】、彼処 【あしこ】、彼処 【あこ】、彼所 【あそこ】、彼所 【あすこ】、彼所 【かしこ】、彼所 【あしこ】、彼所 【あこ】、アソコ
あしこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あしこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. that way (direction distant from the speaker, close to the listener)Usually written using kana alone, See also 何方 どちら, See also 此方 こちら, See also 彼方 あちら
- Isn't this Central Driving School?
2. there (place distant from the speaker, close to the listener)
- How are things for you up there?
3. that one (something close to the listener)
- What is the difference between this and that?
4. you; your family; your company
- うけい 。
- We will accept your conditions.
5. that person (someone close to the listener)
其方 【そっち】、其方 【そなた】、其方 【そち】
1. there (place relatively near listener)Usually written using kana alone, See also どこ, See also ここ, See also あそこ
- We'll arrive there within an hour.
2. there (place just mentioned); that placeUsually written using kana alone
3. then (of some incident just spoken of); that (of point just raised)Usually written using kana alone
1. before oneself; in front of one; nearby
- Please let me off on this side of that traffic light.
2. a bit before reaching (a location); this side (of a location)
3. one's standpoint; one's appearance
5. youSee also 手前 てめえ
6. Lead (leg)Lead refers to which set of legs, left or right, leads or... Read more
1. I; meMale term or language
- I called Susan to apologize to her, but she hung up on me.
2. youused addressing young children
- 。 「
- I was asked, "You OK, kid?". I replied, "Fine."
3. manservantSee also しもべ
1. you; buddy; palMale term or language, Familiar language, also used colloquially by young females
- もんだい 。
- Your plan to buy another PC is out of the question.
2. monarch; ruler; sovereign; (one's) masterorig. meaning
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. your house; your home; your familyHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- How do you heat the house?
2. your husbandHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
3. your organizationHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
4. youHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), referring to someone of equal status with whom one is not especially close
1. they; themusu. in ref. to males
1. youFamiliar language, Male term or language, formerly honorific, now oft. derog. term referring to an equal or inferior
- You shall be my daughter's husband.
2. presence (of a god, nobleman, etc.)Only applies to おまえ
お前 【おまい】、お前 【おめー】、お前 【おめえ】、御前 【おまえ】、御前 【おまい】、御前 【おめー】、御前 【おめえ】