1. this way (direction close to the speaker or towards the speaker); this directionUsually written using kana alone, See also 何方 どちら, See also 其方, See also 彼方 あちら
- Look at the boy and his dog that are coming this way.
2. here (place close to the speaker or where the speaker is)
- Could you pass me the salt, please?
3. this one (something physically close to the speaker)
- たか 。
- This costs more than that.
4. I; me; we; us
- おねが 。
- This is Aya, this is Aya. Please respond.
5. this person (someone physically close to the speaker and of equal or higher status)
- Aunt, this is Tom.
此方 【こっち】、此方 【こち】
こち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Log in to talk about this word.