1. this way; this directionUsually written using kana alone, See also そちら, See also あちら, See also どちら, direction close to the speaker or towards the speaker
- Look at the boy and his dog that are coming this way.
2. hereUsually written using kana alone, place close to the speaker or where the speaker is
- Could you pass me the salt, please?
3. this (one)Usually written using kana alone, something physically close to the speaker
- たか 。
- This costs more than that.
4. I; me; we; usUsually written using kana alone
- おねが 。
- This is Aya, this is Aya. Please respond.
5. this personUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to こちら, someone physically close to the speaker and of equal or higher status
- Aunt, this is Tom.
此方 【こっち】、此方 【こち】
こち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Log in to talk about this word.