Words — 1779 found
1. river; streamOnly applies to かわ
- なが 。
- This river is three times longer than that one.
2. River; the ... riversuffix used with the names of rivers
- Which is longer, the Shinano River or the Agano River?
4. RiverA river is a natural watercourse, usually freshwater, flo... Read more
川 【がわ】、河 【かわ】、河 【がわ】
1. evening; night
2. dinnerOnly applies to よる
3. NightNight or nighttime is the period of time between the suns... Read more
1. walk; stroll
2. StrollingStrolling is walking along or through at a leisurely pace... Read more
1. chair; stool
- Could you move the chair a bit?
2. post; office; position
- He is a natural to win the Presidency.
3. ChairA chair is a raised surface used to sit on, commonly for ... Read more
倚子: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. bath; bathing; bathtub; bathroomSee also お風呂
- はい 。
- The Inca took baths more often than Europeans.
2. bathhouse; public bath
- The apartment consists of three small rooms and a bath.
3. room for drying lacquerware
4. base (wooden joint connecting the blade of a hoe, spade, etc., to the handle)
5. BathtubA bath, bathtub, or tub (informal) is a large container f... Read more
1. cloudiness; cloudy weather
2. fog (on a mirror, glasses, etc.); cloud (e.g. in marble); blur; mist; shadow; dimness
3. gloom; dejection
4. OvercastOvercast or overcast weather, as defined by the World Met... Read more
1. to become; to get; to grow; to be; to reach; to attainUsually written using kana alone
- When you go, I'll miss you very much.
2. to result in; to prove to be
- The news turned out true in a week.
3. to consist of; to be composed of
- な 。
- Nine players make up a team.
4. to succeed; to be complete
5. to change into; to be exchanged for
6. to play a roleSee also 成り済ます
7. to be promotedShogi term
8. to do ...Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), as お+masu-stem+になる, ご+noun+になる, etc.
1. extent; degree; measureUsually written using kana alone
- I wish I could play the piano as well as Susie.
2. limit; boundsUsually written using kana alone
3. (span of) timeUsually written using kana alone
- "When did Mr Ogawa arrive?" "Ten minutes ago."
4. (a) distanceUsually written using kana alone
5. the state of; the status of; the condition ofUsually written using kana alone, as 〜のほど
6. about; around; approximately; or soUsually written using kana alone
7. as much as ...; to the extent of ...; like ...Usually written using kana alone
8. the more ... the more ...Usually written using kana alone, oft. as 〜ば...ほど
1. ship; boat; watercraft; vessel; seaplaneOnly applies to 船, Only applies to 舟, 舟 is often small and hand-propelled
- ひきあ 。
- They drew their boat on the beach.
2. tank; tub; vat; trough
3. counter for boat-shaped containers (e.g. of sashimi)Only applies to 船, Only applies to 舟
4. ShipSince the end of the age of sail a ship has been any larg... Read more
舟 【ふね】、槽 【ふね】
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
2. noteMusic term
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
1. breakdown; failure; fault; accident; out of order
2. damage; hurt
3. objection; protest
4. FailureFailure refers to the state or condition of not meeting a... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. production; manufacture
2. Outline of industrial organizationThe following outline is provided as an overview of and t... Read more
1. entry to school or university; matriculation; enrolment (in university, etc.) (enrollment)
2. MatriculationMatriculation, in the broadest sense, means to be registe... Read more
1. quarrel; brawl; fight; squabble; scuffle; argument
2. Brawling (legal definition)Brawling (probably connected with Ger. brüllen, to roar, ... Read more
1. honest; frank; candid; straightforward
- The fact proves his honesty.
2. honestly; frankly
- To tell the truth, I don't like classical music. On the other hand, Molly is really into it.
4. HonestyHonesty refers to a facet of moral character and denotes ... Read more
1. coincidence; agreement; union; match
- We agreed to start early the next morning.
2. conformity; consistency
- His words and deeds do not match.
5. Agreement (linguistics)In languages, agreement or concord is a form of cross-ref... Read more
3. MuseumA museum is an institution that cares for a collection of... Read more
1. stage (theatre, theater)
- お 。
- 'Madame Butterfly' is set in Nagasaki.
2. scene or setting (e.g. of novel, play, etc.)
- The novel I'm writing next is set in a love hotel so I wanted to see what one actually looks like.
4. Stage (theatre)In theatre or performance arts, the stage (sometimes refe... Read more