Words — 1780 found
1. contribution; donation
3. DonationA donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, ... Read more
1. monkey (esp. the Japanese macaque, Macaca fuscata); ape; non-human primateUsually written using kana alone, See also ニホンザル
- み 。
- I saw some monkeys climbing the tree.
2. sly personDerogatory
3. idiot; hickDerogatory
4. sliding wooden bolt (for holding a door or window shut)
5. clasp used to control the height of a pot-hookSee also 自在鉤
6. bathhouse prostituteArchaism, See also 湯女
7. Sarh (Chad); Sal
8. MonkeyA monkey is a primate of the Haplorrhini suborder and sim... Read more
猨: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. equality; impartiality; evenness
3. MetalA metal (from Greek "μέταλλον" – métallon, "mine, quarry,... Read more
1. left and right
- ふ 。
- He gave an angry shake of his head.
2. influence; control; domination
- おお 。
- Success often depends on one's temperament.
4. Relative directionThe most common relative directions are left, right, forw... Read more
左右 【そう】、左右 【さう】
そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. さう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. merchant; trader; tradesman; dealer; shopkeeper
3. MerchantA merchant is a businessperson who trades in commodities ... Read more
商人 【あきんど】、商人 【あきうど】、商人 【あきゅうど】、商人 【あきびと】
あきうど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あきゅうど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あきびと: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. national border; provincial border
3. BorderBorders define geographic boundaries of political entitie... Read more
国境 【くにざかい】、国界 【こっきょう】、国界 【くにざかい】、国堺 【こっきょう】、国堺 【くにざかい】、国界 【こっかい】、国堺 【こっかい】
こっかい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. こっかい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. group; mass
3. CrowdThis article refers to the general phenomenon of crowds. ... Read more
1. root (of a plant)
2. root (of a tooth, hair, etc.); center (of a pimple, etc.)
3. root (of all evil, etc.); source; origin; cause; basis
4. one's true nature
5. (fishing) reef
7. RootIn vascular plants, the root is the organ of a plant that... Read more
1. chain; chains
3. Cable lengthA cable length or cable's length is a nautical unit of me... Read more
1. number one; first; first place
- I will take this tie, as it seems to be the best.
2. best; most
3. game; round; bout
4. as a test; as an experiment; by way of experiment; by way of trial; tentativelySee also 試しに
5. song (e.g. in noh); piece
1. time; hour; moment刻 signifies a time of day; 秋 signifies an important time
- His voice broke when he was twelve.
2. occasion; caseOnly applies to 時
- You cannot be too careful when you drive a car.
3. chance; opportunity; seasonOnly applies to 時
4. the times; the age; the dayOnly applies to 時
5. tenselinguistics terminology, Only applies to 時
6. AutumnAutumn or fall is one of the four temperate seasons. Autu... Read more
刻 【とき】、秋 【とき】
1. origin; sourceusu. 元
- It was under these circumstances that the constitutional crisis began.
2. base; basis; foundation; rootesp. 基
- The basis of this system is that the students must take turns in teaching, they have to help each other.
3. causealso 因, 原
- し 。
- The clerk died from overwork.
4. ingredient; materialesp. 素
5. (somebody's) side; (somebody's) locationOnly applies to 元
- He had no idea why his wife left him.
6. original cost (or capital, principal, etc.)
7. (plant) root; (tree) trunk
8. first section of a wakaSee also 和歌
9. counter for blades of grass, tree trunks, etc., and for falcons (in falconry)Only applies to 本
10. handle (chopsticks, brush, etc.); grip
11. BookA book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blan... Read more
本 【もと】、素 【もと】、基 【もと】
1. plan; project; schedule; scheme; program; programme
2. PlanA plan is typically any diagram or list of steps with tim... Read more
1. boy; juvenile; young boy; youth; lad
2. BoyA boy is a young male human, usually child or adolescent.... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. train; railway train
2. TrainA railway or railroad train is a connected series of vehi... Read more
2. healthy; sound; fit; wholesome
3. HealthHealth is the level of functional or metabolic efficiency... Read more
1. human being; person; man; mankind; humankind
- No amount of wealth can satisfy a covetous man. All the treasure in the world won't make him happy.
2. character (of a person)
3. HumanHumans (known taxonomically as Homo sapiens, Latin for "w... Read more
1. result; consequence; outcome; effect
2. coming to fruition; bearing fruit
3. CorollaryA corollary is a statement that follows readily from a pr... Read more
1. understanding; comprehension; appreciation; sympathy
2. UnderstandingUnderstanding is a psychological process related to an ab... Read more