Words — 3319 found
Common word Links
1. indicates sentence subject (occasionally object)
- い 。
- "I can't think with that noise", she said as she stared at the typewriter.
2. indicates possessive (esp. in literary expressions)
3. but; however; still; and
- な 。
- It goes without saying that Rome was not built in a day.
4. regardless of; whether (or not)after the volitional form of a verb
1. picture; drawing; painting; sketch
2. image (TV, film, etc.); picture; footage
画 【え】、画 【が】
3. SchoolA school is an institution designed for the teaching of s... Read more
學校: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. river; streamOnly applies to かわ
- なが 。
- This river is three times longer than that one.
2. River; the ... riversuffix used with the names of rivers
- Which is longer, the Shinano River or the Agano River?
4. RiverA river is a natural watercourse, usually freshwater, flo... Read more
川 【がわ】、河 【かわ】、河 【がわ】
1. glasses; eyeglasses; spectaclesUsually written using kana alone
2. judgment; judgement; discrimination; discernment; insightUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to めがね, Only applies to メガネ
4. GlassesGlasses, also known as eyeglasses (formal), spectacles or... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. toy; playthingUsually written using kana alone
2. ToyA toy is any object that can be used to play. Toys are as... Read more
玩具 【がんぐ】、翫具 【がんぐ】、オモチャ
1. endurance; patience; perseverance; bearing (with something)
2. self-control; self-restraint
3. Gaman (term)is a Japanese term of Zen Buddhist origin which means "en... Read more
2. AcademicianThe title Academician denotes a Full Member of an art, li... Read more
1. (picture) frame; framed picture
- Bob mounted the portrait in a fancy frame, but it was upside down.
2. amount (esp. of money); sum
- This amount includes tax.
3. ForeheadIn human anatomy, the forehead is the fore part of the he... Read more
1. model; type (e.g. of machine, goods, etc.)
- Thank you for letting me know that the Model 600-J printer will not be available until May 4, 1997.
2. type; style; patternSee also 朝型, がた when a suffix
- She wore heart-shaped earrings.
3. mold (mould); template; model
- つく 。
- The statue was cast in a mold.
4. kata (standard form of a movement, posture, etc. in martial arts, sport, etc.)
5. form (i.e. customary procedure)
6. size (i.e. clothing, shoes)
7. inch (in diagonal display size)
8. (taxonomical) formObscure term, See also 品種
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. study; learning; tutorial
2. LearningLearning is acquiring new, or modifying existing, knowled... Read more
1. school term; semester
2. Academic termAn academic term' or term is a division of an academic ye... Read more
2. selling (e.g. door-to-door); canvassing
3. DiplomacyDiplomacy (from Latin diploma, meaning an official docume... Read more
1. student (esp. a university student)