Words — 155 found
1. counter for occurrences
- Some new kinds of rice can be harvested two or three times a year.
2. a time; an instance
- We have to win seven times in a row to win this tournament.
3. inning (baseball); round; game
4. episode; chapter; instalmentColloquialism
5. Hui (people)Abbreviation, See also 回族
6. IslamAbbreviation, See also 回教
1. counter for books
- Paul, we can borrow up to 8 books.
2. volumeObscure term
- Taro ordered some English conversation textbooks from London.
1. counter for large animals (e.g. head of cattle); counter for insects in a collection; counter for helmets, masks, etc.
2. HeadIn anatomy, the head of an animal is the rostral part tha... Read more
1. counter for small animalsOnly applies to ひき
- か 。
- We own a dog and a cat.
2. counter for rolls of cloth (two han in size)
3. counter for horsesArchaism, Only applies to き
4. roll of cloth
匹 【き】、疋 【ひき】、疋 【き】
1. counter for flat objects (e.g. sheets of paper)
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. counter for suits of clothing
- か 。
- I bought two pairs of trousers.
2. arriving at ...See also 到着
- Bob reached the finish line first.
- Gloria was easily the best singer of that evening.
2. counter for nights
1. counter for articles
- He made ten mistakes in as many lines.
2. counter for military unitsusu. 個
1. counter for countries
ヶ国 【かこく】、か国 【かこく】、ヵ国 【かこく】、ケ国 【かこく】、箇国 【かこく】
1. both (hands, parents, sides, etc.)
- ちが 。
- The two regions differ in religion and culture.
2. counter for carriages (e.g. in a train); counter for vehiclesSee also 輛 りょう
3. ryō; tael; traditional unit of weight (for gold, silver and drugs), 4-5 monme, 15-19 gSee also 匁 もんめ
4. ryō; pre-Meiji unit of currency, orig. the value of one ryō of gold
5. ryō; traditional measure of fabric, 2 tanSee also 反 たん
- This train is made up of seven cars.
6. ryō; tael; unit of weight under the Ritsuryo system, 1/16 kin, 42-43 gArchaism, See also 斤
8. TaelTael or tahil can refer to any one of several weight meas... Read more
1. clothes (esp. Western clothes)
- He dried his wet clothes by the fire.
2. counter for doses of medicine, gulps of tea, drags of a cigarette, etc.See also 一服
1. degree (angle, temperature, scale, etc.)
- せっし ０
- こお 。
- Water freezes at 0 degrees Centigrade.
2. counter for occurrences
- She was disqualified from the race for two false starts.
3. strength (of glasses); glasses prescription
4. alcohol content (percentage); alcohol by volume
5. extent; degree; limitSee also 度を過ごす
6. presence of mind; composureSee also 度を失う
1. bundle; package; parcel
2. counter for wrapped objects
1. variety; kind; type; category
- There are many kinds of animals in the zoo.
2. counter for kinds, species, etc.
- けっか 、
- まいにち ５０
- みつも 。
- It has been estimated that, as a result of the destruction, fifty species of wildlife are disappearing from the earth each day.
1. elegance; grace; refinement; class; dignity
2. article; item
3. counter for items (of food, etc.); counter for dishes or courses (at a restaurant)sometimes pronounced ぴん
1. book; volume; scriptSee also ご本 ごほん
- よ 。
- I read the book up to page 80 yesterday.
2. this; present
- The high performance and the elegant design of this model have combined to give it a high reputation.
3. main; head
4. real; regular
5. counter for long cylindrical things; counter for films, TV shows, etc.; counter for goals, home runs, etc.; counter for telephone callssometimes pronounced ぼん or ぽん
- も 。
- I have a bottle of whiskey.
1. counter for buildings (esp. houses)
2. suffix for a pen name, stage name, etc.