Words — 171 found
1. counter for occurrences
- Some new kinds of rice can be harvested two or three times a year.
2. a time; an instance
- We have to win seven times in a row to win this tournament.
3. inning (baseball); round; game
4. episode; chapter; instalmentColloquialism
5. Hui (people)Abbreviation, See also 回族
6. IslamAbbreviation, See also 回教
1. counter for books
- Paul, we can borrow up to 8 books.
2. volumeObscure term
- Taro ordered some English conversation textbooks from London.
1. counter for large animals (e.g. head of cattle); counter for insects in a collection; counter for helmets, masks, etc.
2. HeadIn anatomy, the head of an animal is the rostral part tha... Read more
1. counter for small animalsOnly applies to ひき
- か 。
- We own a dog and a cat.
2. counter for rolls of cloth (two han in size)
3. counter for horsesArchaism, Only applies to き
4. roll of cloth
匹 【き】、疋 【ひき】、疋 【き】
1. counter for flat objects (e.g. sheets of paper)
2. counter for positions or rolesArchaism, See also 役 やく
3. counter for food portions (now only gyōza and soba)Archaism
4. counter for ranking levelSumo term
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. counter for suits of clothing
- か 。
- I bought two pairs of trousers.
2. arriving at ...See also 到着
- Bob reached the finish line first.
1. counter for articles
- He made ten mistakes in as many lines.
2. counter for military unitsusu. 個
1. counter for countries
ヶ国 【かこく】、か国 【かこく】、ヵ国 【かこく】、ケ国 【かこく】、箇国 【かこく】
1. both (hands, parents, sides, etc.)
- ちが 。
- The two regions differ in religion and culture.
2. counter for carriages (e.g. in a train); counter for vehiclesSee also 輛 りょう
3. ryō; tael; traditional unit of weight (for gold, silver and drugs), 4-5 monme, 15-19 gSee also 匁 もんめ
4. ryō; pre-Meiji unit of currency, orig. the value of one ryō of gold
5. ryō; traditional measure of fabric, 2 tanSee also 反 たん
- This train is made up of seven cars.
6. ryō; tael; unit of weight under the Ritsuryo system, 1/16 kin, 42-43 gArchaism, See also 斤
7. counter for suits of clothing, sets of armor, etc.Archaism, See also 領 りょう
9. TaelTael or tahil can refer to any one of several weight meas... Read more
1. clothes (esp. Western clothes)
- He dried his wet clothes by the fire.
2. counter for doses of medicine, gulps of tea, drags of a cigarette, etc.See also 一服
1. degree (angle, temperature, scale, etc.)
- せっし ０
- こお 。
- Water freezes at 0 degrees Centigrade.
2. counter for occurrences
- She was disqualified from the race for two false starts.
3. strength (of glasses); glasses prescription
4. alcohol content (percentage); alcohol by volume
5. extent; degree; limitSee also 度を過ごす
6. presence of mind; composureSee also 度を失う
1. bundle; package; parcel
2. counter for wrapped objects
1. variety; kind; type; category
- There are many kinds of animals in the zoo.
2. counter for kinds, species, etc.
- けっか 、
- まいにち ５０
- みつも 。
- It has been estimated that, as a result of the destruction, fifty species of wildlife are disappearing from the earth each day.
JLPT N1 Links
1. counter for nights of a stay
2. overnight stay; lodgingObscure term
1. elegance; grace; refinement; class; dignity
2. article; item
3. counter for items (of food, etc.); counter for dishes or courses (at a restaurant)sometimes pronounced ぴん
1. book; volume; scriptSee also ご本 ごほん
- よ 。
- I read the book up to page 80 yesterday.
2. this; present
- The high performance and the elegant design of this model have combined to give it a high reputation.
3. main; head
4. real; regular
5. counter for long cylindrical things; counter for films, TV shows, etc.; counter for goals, home runs, etc.; counter for telephone callssometimes pronounced ぼん or ぽん
- も 。
- I have a bottle of whiskey.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. place; point; part; spot; area; passage; portionOnly applies to 箇所, Only applies to 個所
2. counter for places, parts, passages, etc.
個所 【かしょ】、カ所 【かしょ】、ヶ所 【かしょ】、か所 【かしょ】、ヵ所 【かしょ】、ケ所 【かしょ】
1. counter for buildings (esp. houses)
2. suffix for a pen name, stage name, etc.