Words — 165 found
1. yearSee also 年に一度
- The date on the calendar was September 23, 1964.
2. counter for years (e.g. of an era), grades (e.g. school)
- He was let out after serving just two years of his four-year prison sentence.
3. period of an apprentice's contract (usu. ten years)Abbreviation, See also 年季
1. whole year; all year round; throughout the year
2. always; all the time; perpetuallyOnly applies to ねんじゅう, Only applies to ねんぢゅう
3. during an era
4. middle class (of a nursery school, etc.)Only applies to ねんちゅう
年じゅう 【ねんじゅう】、年中 【ねんちゅう】、年中 【ねんぢゅう】
JLPT N1 Links
1. yearbook; almanac; annual
2. Annual reportAn annual report is a comprehensive report on a company's... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. fiscal year (usu. April 1 to March 31 in Japan); financial year
2. academic year; school year
3. product year
1. annuity; pension
2. PensionA pension is a fixed sum paid regularly to a person, typi... Read more
1. seniority by length of serviceYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. Nenko SystemThe seniority-wage system is the Japanese system of promo... Read more
1. year by year; annually; every year; from year to year
年々 【としどし】、年年 【ねんねん】、年年 【としどし】
1. (approximate) age; years
- She is old enough to know better.
2. elderly; old; aged
- Mrs. Smith is an elderly lady.
3. older (than); senior
1. annual; yearly
- The representative was absent from the annual conference.
2. year (e.g. of graduation); nth year (e.g. student); order by year
- ひょうげんほう 』
- かがく 』
- I'm teaching two courses, year one's "Self-expression for University Students" and year two's "Food Chemistry".