Words — 248 found
1. mountain; hill
- はい 、
- こた 。
- "I do not regret having gone into the forest and up the mountain," replied the younger brother.
2. mine (e.g. coal mine)
- もち 。
- It was used for raking together heaps of money.
3. heap; pile
4. crown (of a hat); thread (of a screw); tread (of a tire); protruding part of an object; high part
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
5. climax; peak; critical point
6. guess; speculation; gamble
7. criminal case; crimeused by police, crime reporters, etc.
8. mountain climbing; mountaineering
9. festival float (esp. one mounted with a decorative halberd)See also 山鉾
10. wall; wall tileMahjong term
11. temple; temple groundsArchaism
13. MountainError: image is invalid or non-existent A mountain is a l... Read more
1. whiteSee also 黒
- I have two dogs. One is white and the other black.
2. innocence; innocent person
3. blank space
4. white go stone
5. white dragon tileMahjong term, See also 白 はく
6. skewered grilled pig intestineFood term
7. WhiteWhite is a color, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
- Alice has a flower in her hair.
2. hair (on one's head)
- わたし 、ケン
- やさ 、
- I'm going with Ken. He is cool, gentle and smart. What's more, he is single!
3. mind; brains; intellectOnly applies to あたま
4. leader; chief; boss; captain
5. top; tip
6. beginning; start
- ぬす 。
- Tom had his car stolen early last week.
7. head; personOnly applies to あたま, See also 頭数
8. down payment; depositAbbreviation, Only applies to あたま, See also 頭金
9. top structural component of a kanjiOnly applies to かしら
10. pairMahjong term, Colloquialism, Only applies to あたま, See also 雀頭 ジャントー
11. NeckThe neck is the part of the body, on many terrestrial or ... Read more
1. hill; height; knoll; rising groundOnly applies to 丘, Only applies to 岡, Only applies to 壟
2. bonus points awarded to the winner at the end of a gameMahjong term, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 丘, Only applies to 陸符
3. HillA hill is a landform that extends above the surrounding t... Read more
岡 【おか】、壟 【おか】、陸符 【おか】
壟: Out-dated kanji.
1. place; spot; space
- しら 。
- The party grew chilly.
2. field; discipline; sphere; realm
- This tie is not suitable for a situation like this.
3. occasion; situationSee also その場
4. scene (of a play, movie, etc.)
5. session (of the stock market)
6. area in which cards are laid out (in a card game)
8. fieldPhysics terminology
9. field (gestalt psychology)
10. Field (physics)In physics, a field is a physical quantity associated wit... Read more
1. to cut; to cut through; to perform (surgery)
- き 。
- 2. Cut the daikon into long sticks.
2. to sever (connections, ties)See also 縁を切る
3. to turn off (e.g. the light)
- Do you mind if I turn off the AC?
4. to terminate (e.g. a conversation); to hang up (the phone); to disconnectSee also 電話を切る
- "May I speak to Mr Smith?" "Will you hold the line?"
5. to punch (a ticket); to tear off (a stub)
6. to open (something sealed)
- Once you break the seal, you can't return the tape.
7. to start
- しんきいってん 、
- き 。
- I quit my job and moved so I could start off with a clean slate.
8. to set (a limit); to do (something) in less or within a certain time; to issue (stamps, vouchers, etc.)
9. to reduce; to decrease; to discountSee also 値切る
10. to shake off (water, etc.); to let drip-dry; to let drain
11. to cross; to traverse
12. to criticize sharply
13. to act decisively; to do (something noticeable); to go first; to make (certain facial expressions, in kabuki)
14. to turn (vehicle, steering wheel, etc.)
15. to curl (a ball); to bend; to cut
- Please shuffle the cards carefully.
16. to shuffle (cards)
17. to discard a tileMahjong term
18. to dismiss; to sack; to let go; to expulse; to excommunicate
- Harry managed to swim across the river.
19. to dig (a groove); to cut (a stencil, on a mimeograph)
20. to trumpSee also 切り札
21. to cut (the connection between two groups) (in go)
22. to start a fire (with wood-wood friction or by striking a metal against stone)also written as 鑽る
23. to draw (a shape) in the air (with a sword, etc.)
24. to finish; to completeSee also 疲れきる, after the -masu stem of a verb
1. to stick; to paste; to affixesp. 貼る
- Attach a recent photograph to your application form.
2. to stretch; to spread; to strain; to tighten; to put up (tent)
- Have you ever seen a spider spinning its web?
3. to form (e.g. ice on a pond)
4. to fill; to swell
5. to stick out; to put; to slap
6. to be expensive
7. to keep a watch on; to be on the lookout
9. to span; to generateMathematics
1. to sing (bird)
- That pretty bird did nothing but sing day after day.
2. to make sound (animal); to call; to cry; to chirp
- かえ 。
- Let's return when the frog croaks.
3. to make a meld call (e.g. pung, kong)Mahjong term, Only applies to 鳴く
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. departure; departing (from ...); departing (at time ...)See also 着 ちゃく
- I want to catch the six o'clock train to New York.
2. sending; sent (by ...); sent (at ...)
3. engineAbbreviation, See also 発動機
4. counter for gunshots, bursts of gas, etc.; counter for bullets, bombs, etc.; counter for blows (punches)also ぱつ
- う 。
- He fired three shots.
1. to start; to begin; to commence
2. to challenge; to pick (a fight); to make (war)
3. to set (traps); to plant (explosives); to lay (mines)
4. to make a meld callMahjong term, See also 鳴く なく
仕かける 【しかける】、し掛ける 【しかける】
1. waiting; waiting time
2. wait tile; tile which would complete one's handMahjong term
1. to make a payment via bank deposit transfer
2. to discard another player's winning tileMahjong term
1. shot; charge; explosion
2. blow; punch
- う 。
- Tom received a heavy blow on the head.
3. home runBaseball term
4. try; attempt
5. win on the first go-around after calling riichiMahjong term
1. meddling; interfering
2. choosing to keep the drawn tile and discarding a different oneMahjong term, See also ツモ切り ツモぎり
1. face; honour; honorFrom Chinese “miànzi”
2. meldMahjong term
3. lineup (of players participating in a mahjong game)
4. attendees (e.g. at a meeting); members; participants
1. yakitori; chicken pieces (or sometimes beef or pork offal) grilled on a skewer
2. grilled and skewered bird (esp. sparrow)Obsolete term
3. failing to win a single hand during a half-gameMahjong term
4. Yakitori, grilled chicken, is commonly a Japanese type of skewere... Read more