Words — 941 found
1. noisy; loudUsually written using kana alone
- It's noisy next door.
2. annoying; troublesome; tiresome; persistent; importunateUsually written using kana alone
- She is particular about what she wears.
3. fussy; finicky; picky; particular; nagging; fastidious; bossyUsually written using kana alone
- What a nuisance that child is!
4. shut up!; be quiet!Usually written using kana alone
五月蝿い 【うるさい】、五月蠅い 【うるさい】、煩さい 【うるさい】、ウルサイ
五月蝿い: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 五月蠅い: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 煩さい: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. straight (ahead); direct; upright; erectUsually written using kana alone
- Did you go straight home after school yesterday?
2. straightforward; honest; frankUsually written using kana alone
真っすぐ 【まっすぐ】、真っ直 【まっすぐ】、真直ぐ 【まっすぐ】、真すぐ 【まっすぐ】
真直ぐ: Irregular okurigana usage. 真すぐ: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. dirty; filthy; foul; unclean
2. disordered; messy; untidy; poor (e.g. handwriting)
3. indecent (language, etc.); dirty; vulgar; coarse
4. dastardly; mean; base; underhanded
5. stingy; greedy
穢い 【きたない】、汚ない 【きたない】
汚ない: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. transfer (trains, buses, etc.); connection; connexion
2. switching (stock)Economics term
3. chromosomal crossover; crossing overBiology term
乗換 【のりかえ】、乗換え 【のりかえ】、乗りかえ 【のりかえ】、乗り替え 【のりかえ】、乗替え 【のりかえ】
1. good; advantage; benefit; welfareUsually written using kana alone, See also 為に
- I am ready to do anything for you.
2. sake; purpose; objective; aimUsually written using kana alone
- いちがつ ３０
- にち 、３１
- やす 。
- I'm taking bereavement leave on Jan. 30 and 31.
3. consequence; result; effectUsually written using kana alone
- It is in order to hear your voice well.
4. affecting; regarding; concerningUsually written using kana alone
爲 【ため】、為め 【ため】
爲: Out-dated kanji. 為め: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to recall; to remember; to recollect
思いだす 【おもいだす】、おもい出す 【おもいだす】、思出す 【おもいだす】
思出す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to fall down; to drop; to fall (e.g. rain); to sink (e.g. sun or moon); to fall onto (e.g. light or one's gaze); to be used in a certain place (e.g. money)
- Grandpa fell down the stairs and got a serious injury.
2. to be omitted; to be missing
- お 。
- As many as ten students failed the exam.
3. to decrease; to sink
- お 。
- The scandal hurt the company's reputation.
4. to fail (e.g. exam or class); to lose (contest, election, etc.)
- お 。
- This ink stain will not wash out.
5. to crash; to degenerate; to degrade; to fall behind
6. to become indecent (of a conversation)
7. to be ruined; to go under
8. to fade; to come out (e.g. a stain); to come off (e.g. makeup); to be removed (e.g. illness, possessing spirit, name on a list)See also 狐が落ちる きつねがおちる
9. to fall (into someone's hands); to become someone's possession
10. to fall (into a trap); to fall (for a trick)
11. to give in; to give up; to confess; to flee
12. to fall; to be defeated; to surrender
13. to come to (in the end); to end in
15. to swoon (judo)
16. to consent; to understandSee also 腑に落ちない ふにおちない
17. to crash; to freezeComputer terminology
18. to dieof animals
19. to move to the depthsof fish when it gets cold
堕ちる 【おちる】、墜ちる 【おちる】、落る 【おちる】
落る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to enjoy (oneself)
愉しむ 【たのしむ】、楽む 【たのしむ】
楽む: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to face
- でんじは 。
- I sit in front of a computer screen all day, so I get pretty heavily bombarded by electro-magnetic waves.
2. to go towards; to head towards
- Where are you bound for?
向う 【むかう】、対う 【むかう】
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. once; one time; on one occasion
- むずか 。
- A habit is very difficult to shake off once it is formed.
2. temporarily; for a momentOnly applies to ひとたび
3. one degree; one tone; one musical intervalOnly applies to いちど
- なが 。
- Distance per degree of longitude at equator.
１度 【いちど】、一度 【ひとたび】、１度 【ひとたび】、一たび 【ひとたび】、ひと度 【ひとたび】、一とたび 【ひとたび】
一とたび: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to rise; to go up; to come up; to ascend; to be raisedAntonym: 下がる
- It has been announced that railway fares will be raised by 10 percent starting on the first of March.
2. to enter (esp. from outdoors); to come in; to go in
- My father has just come out of the bath.
3. to enter (a school); to advance to the next grade
4. to get out (of water); to come ashore
- I always get nervous just before a match.
5. to increasealso written as 騰る in ref. to price
- Taxi fares will go up next month.
6. to improve; to make progress
7. to be promoted; to advance
8. to be made (of profit, etc.)
9. to occur (esp. of a favourable result)
10. to be adequate (to cover expenses, etc.)often as 〜で上がる
11. to be finished; to be done; to be over
- "Kaname, when can you leave?" "It's till closing so it takes till eight."
12. (of rain) to stop; to lift
- "Will it stop raining soon?" "I'm afraid not."
13. to stop (working properly); to cut out; to give out; to die
- よくじつ 、
- あが 。
- The next day the battery was flat again.
14. to win (in a card game, etc.)
15. to be arrestedOnly applies to 挙がる
16. to turn up (of evidence, etc.)Only applies to 挙がる
17. to be deep friedOnly applies to 揚がる
- こ 。
- Keiichi, the tempura's done, so bring a plate.
18. to be spoken loudly
- いっぽう 、小泉
- あ 。
- While welcoming the firming up of the present government policy to abandon the proposal of the reform bill to the Diet, at the same time some are worried that Prime Minister Koizumi won't clearly state the bill's withdrawal.
19. to get stage fright
- I never make a speech without being nervous.
20. to be offered (to the gods, etc.)
21. to go; to visitHumble (kenjougo)
- あ 。
- I will call for it tomorrow.
22. to eat; to drinkHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
23. to be listed (as a candidate)esp. 挙がる
24. to serve (in one's master's home)
25. to go northin Kyoto
26. to be complete; to finishSee also 出来上がる, after the -masu stem of a verb
揚がる 【あがる】、挙がる 【あがる】、上る 【あがる】
上る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to gather; to collect; to assemble
集る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to come down; to go down; to fall; to drop; to sink; to get lowerAntonym: 上がる
2. to hang; to dangle
3. to move back; to step back; to withdraw; to retire
4. to deteriorate; to fall off; to be downgraded
5. to get closer to the present day
6. to go southin Kyoto
下る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to be decided; to be settled
- き 。
- It is still undecided when we will begin.
2. to look good in (clothes)
決る 【きまる】、極る 【きまる】
決る: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. sure; certain; positive; definite
- It is certain that he is wrong.
2. reliable; trustworthy; safe; sound; firm; accurate; correct; exact
- え 。
- I got the news from a reliable source.
3. If I'm not mistaken; If I remember correctly; If I remember rightly
- おも 。
- I believe this fish is a freshwater fish.
確 【たしか】、慥か 【たしか】
確: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to move (house); to change residence
引っこす 【ひっこす】、引越す 【ひきこす】、引き越す 【ひきこす】
引越す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. the end
終り 【おわり】、終 【おわり】
終: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. soft; tender; pliant; supple; limber; limp
2. gentle; mild; mellow
3. informal; light; flexible (e.g. thinking)
軟らかい 【やわらかい】、柔かい 【やわらかい】
柔かい: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. rate; ratio; percentage; proportion
- たい ２
- The proportion of girls to boys in our class is three to two.
3. contrary to expectations
割り合い: Irregular okurigana usage.