Words — 241 found
1. above; up; over; elder (e.g. daughter)
- It's in the overhead compartment.
2. top; summit; head (e.g. of a staircase)
- If you stand on this stool, you can reach the top of the closet.
- Are there any pens on the desk?
4. before; previous
5. superiority; one's superior; one's elder
6. on top of that; besides; what's more; not only ... butfollowing a verb or adjective
- つよ 。
- It was cold, and, in addition, it was windy.
7. upon (further inspection, etc.); based on (and occurring after)following a verb or noun
- They acted immediately by agreement.
8. matters concerning ...; as concerns ...
9. since (i.e. "for that reason")as ～上は
10. honorable; venerableHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), See also 父上, suffix indicating higher social standing than the speaker
11. place of one's superior (e.g. the throne)Archaism
12. emperor; sovereign; shogun; daimyoArchaism
13. noblewoman (esp. the wife of a nobleman)Archaism
1. not less than; ... and more; ... and upwardsSee also 余
- Children of six and above should attend school.
2. beyond ... (e.g. one's means); further (e.g. nothing further to say); more than ... (e.g. cannot pay more than that)
- A further reduction would make us go into the red.
3. above-mentioned; foregoing
- As shown above, it is possible to obtain ample profit and customers with truly simple know-how that anyone can do!
4. since ...; seeing that ...
- He realizes that public officials are human, and that as human beings they are capable of misjudgement.
5. this is all; that is the end; the end
- Is that all?
1. amount sold; sales; proceeds; takings; turnover
売上げ 【うりあげ】、売上 【うりあげ】、売り上 【うりあげ】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. elevation; rise; improvement; advancement; progress
1. finish; finishing; finishing touches
仕上: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. on the way; en route
- The country is on the way to becoming a democratic nation.
2. in the process of (development, construction, etc.); in the middle of
- His car broke down on the way to work.
1. just as one thought; as usual; sure enough
案の条 【あんのじょう】、案の上 【あんのじょう】
案の条: Irregular kanji usage. 案の上: Irregular kanji usage.
1. preceptor or high priest (esp. in Zen or Pure Land Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to おしょう
- The dress does not make the fair.
2. preceptor or high priest (in Tendai or Kegon Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to かしょう
3. preceptor or high priest (in Shingon, Hosso, Ritsu or Shin Buddhism)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to わじょう, usu. 和上
4. second highest priestly rank in BuddhismSee also 法眼
5. monk (esp. the head monk of a temple)Only applies to おしょう, Only applies to かしょう
6. master (of one's art, trade, etc.)
8. BhikkhuA Bhikkhu or Vhikṣu is an ordained male Buddhist monastic... Read more
和尚 【かしょう】、和尚 【わじょう】、和上 【かしょう】、和上 【わじょう】
1. from the standpoint of; as a matter of (e.g. fact); in the field of; being of the type of
- うつ 。
- The company moved its corporate domicile to Hong Kong for tax purposes.
2. aboard (a ship or vehicle); on top of; on; above
- You may be able to read the handwriting on the wall, but it is Greek to me.
4. superior quality; best; top; high class
5. going up
6. governmental; imperial
7. presenting; showing
8. ana- (medical, biol.)
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. in addition; furthermore
- そのうえ 、
- This book is interesting and, what is more, very instructive.
2. above (which); on top of (which)
- はら 。
- I paid five dollars in addition.
1. above ground; surface; overgroundSee also 地下
2. earth; world