Words — 1816 found
1. medium; average; middle
- ちゅう ・
- くだ 。
- Bear in mind that that school is an integrated junior high and high school.
4. ChinaAbbreviation, See also 中国
- だいがく １
- These figures indicate three in five college first-year students are indifferent to politics.
5. volume two (of three)Abbreviation, See also 中巻
- も 。
- Three out of ten persons have a video.
6. during (a certain time when one did or is doing something); under (construction, etc.); whileSee also 話し中
- ちゅう 、
- かたむ 。
- They were all ears while the pianist was playing.
7. in; out of; of theSee also 中 じゅう
1. inside; interior
- い 。
- He put all his money in the box.
2. among; within
- Choose one from among these products.
3. middle; center; centre
4. during; while; middle; midst; amid
5. interval; gap
6. mean; average
7. second (of three, e.g. sons, volumes); middle
8. medium grade; medium quality
9. red-light districtArchaism
1. inside; within
- I have a dream that AIDS will be cured in my lifetime.
2. while (e.g. one is young); during; within (e.g. a day); in the course ofUsually written using kana alone
- The young boy got sticky fingers when he walked into stores.
3. among; amongst; (out) of; betweenUsually written using kana alone, as 〜のうち
- One of my sons is a teacher, and the other is a doctor.
4. in (secret, chaos, poverty, etc.); amidst; with (e.g. success)Usually written using kana alone, also 裡, 裏; as 〜のうちに after a noun representing a state or condition
- たず 。
- "Would you like to work for me, Tony?" asked Mr Wood.
5. within oneself; one's feelings; inner thoughts
7. one's home; one's familyUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to 内, See also 家 うち, also 家
8. my spouse; my husband; my wifeOnly applies to 内
9. signed on behalf of (husband's name) by his wifeOnly applies to 内, in a letter after the husband's name
10. I; meUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, Only applies to 内, primarily used by women and children
11. imperial palace groundsArchaism, Only applies to 内
12. emperorArchaism, Only applies to 内
Common word Links
1. through; throughout; in the course of
- My cousins are coming in a few days.
2. all over or throughout (e.g. a place)
- I've been nosing around the office trying to find out the news.
1. junior high school; middle school; lower secondary school
2. Middle schoolMiddle School and Junior High School are levels of school... Read more
1. lunch; midday meal
- He is having lunch now.
2. food served at a tea party (tea ceremony)usu. 中食
3. LunchLuncheon, commonly abbreviated to lunch, is a middle of t... Read more
昼食 【ちゅうじき】、中食 【ちゅうじき】、昼食 【ひるげ】、昼餉 【ひるげ】
1. center; centre; middle; heart; core; focus; pivot; emphasis; balance
2. -centered; -centred; -focused; -oriented; centered on; focused on
3. Centre (geometry)In geometry, the centre (or center) of an object is a poi... Read more
1. Middle Ages (in Japan esp. the Kamakura and Muromachi periods); medieval times; mediaeval timesHistorical term
2. Middle AgesThe Middle Ages is a period of European history encompass... Read more
1. middle-age; middle age; midlife; one's middle years
2. Middle ageMiddle age is the period of age beyond young adulthood bu... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. Neutrality (international relations)A neutral power in a particular war is a sovereign state ... Read more
1. centre; center; middle; heart
2. capital; seat of governmentSee also 地方
1. suspension; stoppage; discontinuance; interruption
1. middle; halfway; midway
- さいこん 。
- She married again in her mid-forties.
2. half (of); one half
- すぎ 。
- Life is half spent before we know what it is.
3. half (e.g. done, jokingly); partly; in part; partially
- Well begun is half done.
4. mostly; almost; nearly
中ば: Irregular kanji usage.
1. used; second-hand; old
- That used refrigerator was a real dog.
2. Middle Ages (in Japan esp. Heian period)Only applies to ちゅうこ
1. to be hit; to strikeAntonym: 外す
- あ 。
- He fired but missed.
2. to touch; to be in contact; to be affixed
3. to be equivalent to; to be applicable; to apply to
- The cherry blossom is to Japan what the rose is to England.
4. to be right on the money (of a prediction, criticism, etc.)
- あ 。
- Strange to say, his prediction has come true.
5. to be selected (in a lottery, etc.); to win
- あ 。
- I got a camera in a lottery.
6. to be successful; to go well; to be a hit
7. to face; to confront
8. to lie (in the direction of)
9. to undertake; to be assigned
10. to be stricken (by food poisoning, heat, etc.); to be afflicted
- He was poisoned by the globefish he ate.
11. to be called on (e.g. by a teacher)
12. to treat (esp. harshly); to lash out at
13. to be unnecessaryas 〜するには当たらない, etc.
14. to be hitting well; to be on a hitting streakBaseball, usu. as 当たっている
15. to feel a bite (in fishing)
16. (of fruit, etc.) to be bruised; to spoil
17. to feel (something) out; to probe into; to check (i.e. by comparison)
18. to shave
19. to be a relative of a person; to be a ... in relation to ...; to stand in a relationshipas 〜の〜に当たる
当る 【あたる】、中る 【あたる】、中たる 【あたる】
1. very; considerably; easily; readily; fairly; quite; highly; ratherUsually written using kana alone
- He is a good joker.
2. by no means; not readilyUsually written using kana alone, with a verb in the negative
- Don't forget that good jobs are very hard to come by these days.
3. middle; half-way point
4. excellent; wonderful; very goodUsually written using kana alone
仲々 【なかなか】、中中 【なかなか】
仲々: Irregular kanji usage.
1. contents; interior; filling
2. substance; content
3. (sword) blade
中味: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. middle; midway; halfway; centre; center
2. middle position; moderate position; neutral position; middle-of-the-road position
3. interim; intermediary; intermediate; midterm