Words — 68 found
1. to become; to get; to grow; to be; to reach; to attainUsually written using kana alone
- When you go, I'll miss you very much.
2. to result in; to prove to be
- The news turned out true in a week.
3. to consist of; to be composed of
- な 。
- Nine players make up a team.
4. to succeed; to be complete
5. to change into; to be exchanged for
6. to play a roleSee also 成り済ます
7. to be promotedShogi term
8. to do ...Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), as お+masu-stem+になる, ご+noun+になる, etc.
- Can you ride a horse?
2. horse racingOnly applies to うま, See also 競馬 けいば
3. promoted bishopShogi term, Abbreviation, Only applies to うま, See also 竜馬 りゅうめ
4. HorseThe horse (Equus ferus caballus) is one of two extant sub... Read more
馬 【いま】、馬 【おま】、ウマ
いま: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おま: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. silver (Ag)
- ぎん 、
- きん 。
- Speech is silver, silence is golden.
2. silver coin; money
3. silver medal
4. silver colour; silver color
5. bankAbbreviation, Only applies to ぎん, See also 米銀
6. silver generalShogi term, Abbreviation, Only applies to ぎん, See also 銀将 ぎんしょう
7. SilverSilver is a metallic chemical element with the chemical s... Read more
銀 【しろがね】、銀 【しろかね】、白銀 【しろがね】、白銀 【しろかね】、白金 【しろがね】、白金 【しろかね】
しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 白金: Irregular kanji usage. しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 白金: Irregular kanji usage.
1. muscle; tendon; sinew
2. vein; artery
3. fiber; fibre; string
4. line; stripe; streak
5. reason; logicSee also 筋が通る
- とお 。
- There isn't much logic in what you're saying.
6. plot; storyline
- I don't understand this novel's plot.
7. lineage; descent
8. school (e.g. of scholarship or arts)
9. aptitude; talent
10. source (of information, etc.); circle; channel
- きょねん 、
- き 。
- I heard about it from another source last year.
11. well-informed person (in a transaction)
12. logical move (in go, shogi, etc.)
13. ninth vertical lineShogi term
14. seam on a helmet
15. gristly fish paste (made of muscle, tendons, skin, etc.)Abbreviation, See also 筋蒲鉾
16. social position; statusArchaism
17. on (a river, road, etc.); along
18. counter for long thin things; counter for roads or blocks when giving directions
19. (Edo period) counter for hundreds of mon (obsolete unit of currency)Archaism
20. SujiSuji may refer to: Suji, Kilimanjaro, a small village in ... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. if; when
- This shampoo comes with a nice hair brush.
- The sum of 12, 24, 7 and 11 is 54.
- I have enjoyed talking to you.
4. used for quoting (thoughts, speech, etc.)
- うつく 」
- みにく 」
- The words 'beautiful' and 'ugly' are relative terms.
5. promoted pawnShogi term, Abbreviation, See also と金
6. indicates a questionKyuushuu dialect, at sentence end
7. To (kana)と, in hiragana, or ト in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
- ひと 。
- The sum of all the angles in a triangle equals 180 degrees.
2. square; cube
3. bishopShogi term, Abbreviation, See also 角行 かくぎょう
4. third degree (of the Japanese and Chinese pentatonic scale)See also 五音
6. jiao (monetary unit of China; one-tenth of a yuan)See also 元 げん
7. Horn (anatomy)A horn is a pointed projection of the skin on the head of... Read more
1. king; ruler; sovereign; monarch
- They are plotting to kill the king.
2. tycoon; magnate; champion; master
3. king (of the senior player)Shogi term, Abbreviation, See also 王将 おうしょう
1. frantic; frenetic; desperate
- Jeff and Mia are making a last ditch effort to avoid a divorce.
2. inevitable death
3. brinkmate (inevitable checkmate)Shogi term, See also 必至
1. to point
2. to nominate; to select someone; to specify some person
- わ 。
- I don't know which doctor she meant.
3. to identify; to indicate; to point out
- さ 。
- The sign '&' stands for 'and'.
4. to play (a game of shogi); to move (a piece)Shogi term
5. to extend one's arm straight ahead (in dance)See also 差す
1. dragon (esp. a Chinese dragon)See also ドラゴン
- I have always wanted to see a dragon, but dragons are not real creatures.
2. naga; semi-divine human-cobra chimera in Hindu and Buddhist mythology
3. promoted rookShogi term, Abbreviation, Only applies to りゅう, Only applies to りょう, See also 竜王 りゅうおう
4. Chinese dragonChinese dragons are mythical creatures in Chinese mytholo... Read more
竜 【たつ】、竜 【りょう】、龍 【りゅう】、龍 【たつ】、龍 【りょう】
1. checkShogi term
2. Check (chess)18pxa b c d e f g h 18px 826pxpx26pxpx26pxpx26pxpx26pxpx2... Read more
1. gold (Au); golden (color); gold (medal, cup)
- とはかぎ 。
- All that glitters is not gold.
2. valuable; of highest value
3. money; gold coin
- げつ ・
- すい ・
- I work every other day: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
4. FridayAbbreviation, See also 金曜
5. metal (fourth of the five elements)See also 五行
6. Jin dynasty (China, 1115-1234); Chin dynasty; Jurchen dynasty
7. gold generalShogi term, Abbreviation, See also 金将
8. testiclesAbbreviation, Colloquialism, See also 金玉 きんたま
9. karat; carat
1. enclosure; fence; wall; pen; paling
2. storage (of fruit, vegetables, etc.)
3. partitioned area of a room for conducting tea ceremonies
4. mistressAbbreviation, See also 囲い者
5. castle; strong defensive positionShogi term
1. palm; open hand
- In the past it was perfectly normal to get the back of a teacher's hand or fist as punishment.
2. playing on equal terms; lack of handicapShogi term
JLPT N1 Links
1. precious stone (esp. jade)also formerly read as ごく
- The boss said this group is a real mixed bag. I wonder if he places me with the wheat or the chaff.
2. egg (sometimes esp. as a sushi topping)Food term
3. stock or security being traded; product being bought or sold
- The checked player must find a way for the king to escape and block the check.
4. position (in finance, the amount of a security either owned or owed by an investor or dealer)See also 建玉
6. time charge for a geishaAbbreviation, See also 玉代
7. king (of the junior player)Shogi term, Abbreviation, See also 玉将
1. Dragon King
2. promoted rookShogi term, See also 飛車 ひしゃ