Words — 1014 found
3. SchoolA school is an institution designed for the teaching of s... Read more
學校: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperAbbreviation, Only applies to 赤, See also 銅 あかがね
8. red 5-point cardHanafuda, Abbreviation, See also あかたん
10. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. illness (usu. excluding minor ailments, e.g. common cold); disease; sickness
2. bad habit; bad behaviour; weakness; failing
3. crazy; insane; disturbed; sick in the headColloquialism
4. DiseaseA disease is an abnormal condition affecting the body of ... Read more
病氣: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. university; collegeSee also 総合大学
- You should go on to a technical college.
2. former central university of Kyoto (established under the ritsuryo system for the training of government administrators)Abbreviation, See also 大学寮, See also 国学 こくがく
- The majority of the successful candidates were university graduates.
3. the Great Learning (one of the Four Books)See also 四書
4. UniversityA university is an institution of higher education and re... Read more
大學: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
- うれ 。
- I am happy to hear your voice.
2. singing (of a bird); chirping (of an insect); hoot
- たの 。
- The Japanese enjoy the songs of birds and insects.
3. voice; opinion (as expressed in words); view; wish; attitude; will
- As children are known to emulate the values of adults, it is often pointed out such "education mamas" instill a warped sense of values in their children.
5. sense (of something's arrival); feelingusu. as ～の声を聞く
6. voice; voiced soundLinguistics
7. Human voiceThe human voice consists of sound made by a human being u... Read more
聲: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
2. DeskA desk is a piece of furniture and a type of table often ... Read more
案 【つくえ】、机 【つき】
案: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. つき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. photograph; photo; picture; snapshot; snap
- I will show you some pictures.
2. moving picture; movieObsolete term, Abbreviation, See also 活動写真
3. Photography"Photographic" redirects here. For other uses, see Photog... Read more
寫眞 【しゃしん】、寫真 【しゃしん】
寫眞: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 寫真: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. chair; stool
- Could you move the chair a bit?
2. post; office; position
- He is a natural to win the Presidency.
3. ChairA chair is a raised surface used to sit on, commonly for ... Read more
倚子: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
2. financial situation
3. KitchenA kitchen is a room or part of a room used for cooking an... Read more
台所 【だいどこ】、臺處 【だいどころ】、臺處 【だいどこ】
臺處: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 臺處: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
2. Human toothTeeth of humans are small, calcified, whitish structures ... Read more
齒: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. entrance; front door; entryway; entranceway; entry hall; vestibule; porch; foyer; mud room
2. Genkanare traditional Japanese entryway areas for a house, apar... Read more
玄關: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. noon; middaySee also 御昼
- Ken will be at home until noon.
2. daytimeOnly applies to 昼, Only applies to 晝, See also 御昼
- かんがえ 。
- I think of her day and night.
3. lunchOnly applies to 昼, Only applies to 晝, See also 御昼
- Well, let's have lunch.
4. DaylightDaylight or the light of day is the combination of all di... Read more
午 【ひる】、晝 【ひる】
晝: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to drink; to gulp; to swallow; to take (medicine)呑む often means swallowing whole, gulping, etc.
- Must I take this medicine?
2. to smoke (tobacco)See also 喫む, also written 喫む
3. to engulf; to overwhelm
4. to keep down; to suppress
5. to accept (e.g. demand, condition)
6. to make light of; to conceal
7. DrinkingDrinking is the act of ingesting water or other drinks th... Read more
呑む 【のむ】、飮む 【のむ】
飮む: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
2. SoapIn chemistry, soap is a salt of a fatty acid. Soaps are m... Read more
石けん 【せっけん】、石鹼 【せっけん】
石鹼: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. spirit; mind; heartSee also 気を逸らす
- Please don't take my mind off the work.
2. nature; dispositionSee also 気が小さい
- He is more gentle than kind.
- I don't feel like working today.
4. mood; feelingsSee also 気が重い
- She could divert herself from the anxieties.
5. ambience; atmosphere; mood
6. QiIn traditional Chinese culture, qì (also chi or ch'i) is ... Read more
氣: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. dictionary; lexicon
2. DictionaryA dictionary (also called a wordbook, lexicon or vocabula... Read more
辭典 【じてん】、辞典 【ことばてん】、辭典 【ことばてん】、ことば典 【ことばてん】、言葉典 【ことばてん】
辭典: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 辭典: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. monkey (esp. the Japanese macaque, Macaca fuscata); ape; non-human primateUsually written using kana alone, See also ニホンザル
- み 。
- I saw some monkeys climbing the tree.
2. sly personDerogatory
3. idiot; hickDerogatory
4. sliding wooden bolt (for holding a door or window shut)
5. clasp used to control the height of a pot-hookSee also 自在鉤
6. bathhouse prostituteArchaism, See also 湯女
7. Sarh (Chad); Sal
8. MonkeyA monkey is a primate of the Haplorrhini suborder and sim... Read more
猨: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. the present; present time; now
- げんざい 、
- つと 。
- We are currently working to restore normal service as soon as possible.
2. as ofafter a time, date, etc.
- The ruling party has secured 50 seats as of 5 o'clock.
3. present tenseGrammar
4. this world; this lifeBuddhism, See also 現世
5. to actually exist; to exist right now; to exist right in front of one
6. PresentThe present (or now) is the time that is associated with ... Read more
見在: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. hill; height; knoll; rising groundOnly applies to 丘, Only applies to 岡, Only applies to 壟
2. bonus points awarded to the winner at the end of a gameMahjong, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 丘, Only applies to 陸符
3. HillA hill is a landform that extends above the surrounding t... Read more
岡 【おか】、壟 【おか】、陸符 【おか】
壟: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. lie; fib; falsehood; untruth
- わ 。
- What he said turned out to be false.
2. mistake; error
- Oh my God, I can't believe this.
3. unwise move; bad decision
4. no way!; unbelievable!; really?!Colloquialism
5. LieTo lie is to hold something which one knows is not the wh... Read more