Words — 1042 found
1. yen (Japanese monetary unit)
- It cost me 3,000 yen to buy the record.
- It no longer seems to be a perfect circle.
圓: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. art; the arts
2. ArtArt is a term that describes a diverse range of human act... Read more
藝術: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. advertisement; advertising
2. announcement; notice
3. AdvertisingAdvertising is a form of communication used to encourage ... Read more
廣告: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
2. PublishingPublishing is the process of production and dissemination... Read more
出板: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. manual labor; manual labour; toil; work
- I can't do the hard day's work I used to.
2. Labour PartyAbbreviation, See also 労働党
労動: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. can; tinFrom Dutch; Flemish “kan”, From English “can”
2. canned foodAbbreviation, See also 缶詰
3. Tin canA tin can, tin, steel can, or a can, is a sealed containe... Read more
罐 【かん】、鑵 【かん】、カン
缶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 罐: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 鑵: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. (afternoon) nap; sleeping during the day; siesta
3. NapA nap is a short period of sleep, typically taken during ... Read more
昼寐: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. idiot; moron; foolUsually written using kana alone
2. trivial matter; folly; absurdityUsually written using kana alone
- What a piece of folly!
3. stupid; foolish; dull; absurd; ridiculousUsually written using kana alone
- き 。
- I decided not to do such a foolish thing.
4. fervent enthusiast; nut; person singularly obsessed with somethingUsually written using kana alone, usu. in compounds
5. Mactra chinensis (species of trough shell)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 馬鹿貝
6. Baka (fool)Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) is a frequently used Japanese word m... Read more
莫迦 【ばか】、破家 【ばか】、馬稼 【ばか】、バカ
馬鹿: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 莫迦: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 破家: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 馬稼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. tedious; boring; dull; uninteresting; tiresome; monotonous
2. to feel bored; to get bored (with); to get tired (of)
3. BoredomBoredom is an emotional state experienced when an individ... Read more
1. memorization; memorisation; learning by heart
2. Rote learningRote learning is a learning technique which focuses on me... Read more
諳記: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. prefecture (Japan); county (China, Taiwan, Norway, etc.); department (France); province (Italy, Spain, etc.)
- Tulips are our prefecture's official flower.
2. PrefectureFor subsequent types of praefectura, see Prefect. A prefe... Read more
縣: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. obi (kimono sash)
- Her kimono and obi combination is smart, isn't it?
2. obi (strip of paper looped around a book, CD, etc. containing information about the product)
3. band; belt; strip
4. cingulumAnatomy, Zoology
6. Obi (sash)is a sash for traditional Japanese dress, keikogi worn fo... Read more
帶: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to be able (in a position) to do; to be up to the taskUsually written using kana alone
- I'm sorry, I can't stay long.
2. to be ready; to be completedUsually written using kana alone
- お 」
- "Is the essay ready?" "No, I'm sorry. I haven't finished writing it yet."
3. to be made; to be builtUsually written using kana alone
- That football is made of genuine leather.
4. to be good at; to be permitted (to do)Usually written using kana alone
- May I use your toilet?
5. to become intimate; to take up (with someone)Usually written using kana alone
- They seem to be in love with each other.
6. to grow; to be raisedUsually written using kana alone
- でき 。
- Oranges grow in warm countries.
7. to become pregnantUsually written using kana alone
出きる 【できる】、出來る 【できる】
出來る: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. railway station; train station
2. staging post on a highway (in pre-modern Japan)Historical term
3. counter for railway stations and bus stations
驛: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. a little; a bit; a small amount; a few; some; slightly; somewhat
- たま 、
- もど 。
- Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.
2. a little while; a short time; a moment; a minute
- Do you mind if I watch TV for a while?
3. a little way; a short distance
寡し 【すこし】、些し 【すこし】
寡し: Rarely-used kanji form. 些し: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to go; to move (towards); to head (towards); to leave (for)See also 来る
2. to move through; to travel across; to walk along (e.g. a road)
3. to go (well, badly, etc.); to proceed; to turn out; to get along
- い 。
- Thanks to you, the job went well.
4. to do (in a particular way); to go (with; a choice); to tryoft. as で〜
5. to pass (of time, seasons, etc.); to go by
6. to stream; to flow
7. to die; to pass awayusu. written as 逝く
8. to reach (a stage, extent, age, etc.); to get to; to go (so far as ...)
9. to reach (of information, instructions, wind, etc.); to arrive
10. to continue ...; to go on ...; to (progress) steadily; to gradually ...; to progressively ...Usually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb; い sometimes omitted in casual speech
11. to have an orgasm; to come; to cumUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, oft. written as イク
12. to trip; to get high; to have a drug-induced hallucinationUsually written using kana alone, Slang
行く 【ゆく】、往く 【いく】、往く 【ゆく】
往く: Rarely-used kanji form. 往く: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to get on (train, plane, bus, ship, etc.); to get in; to board; to take; to embark
- I'm catching the 11:00 train.
2. to get on (e.g. a footstool); to step on; to jump on; to sit on; to mountSee also 載る のる
- You really put that much in the sandwich?
3. to reach; to go over; to pass
- だま 」
- まちが 。
- If you say "I was tricked," well that's certainly so but there's no mistaking that you were the one who signed up on a "sweet deal".
4. to follow; to stay (on track); to go with (the times, etc.)
5. to take part; to participate; to join
6. to get into the swing (and sing, dance, etc.)
7. to be deceived; to be taken in
8. to be carried; to be spread; to be scatteredusu. with an adverb of manner, e.g. よく乗る
9. to stick; to attach; to take; to go onusu. with an adverb of manner, e.g. よく乗る
乘る: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. country; state
- おさ 。
- The king governed the country.
- ほっかいどう 富良野
- "From the North Country" is a TV drama produced by Fuji TV and set in Furano in Hokkaido.
3. national government; central government
4. home (i.e. hometown, home country)
- The scientist is famous both at home and abroad.
5. province (of Japan)Historical term, See also 国郡里制
6. land; earthArchaism
邦 【くに】、國 【くに】
國: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.