Words — 804 found
1. can; tinFrom Dutch; Flemish “kan”, From English “can”
2. canned foodAbbreviation, See also 缶詰
3. Tin canA tin can, tin, steel can, or a can, is a sealed containe... Read more
罐 【かん】、鑵 【かん】、カン
缶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 罐: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 鑵: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji.
1. nap (afternoon); siesta
3. NapA nap is a short period of sleep, typically taken during ... Read more
昼寐: Out-dated kanji.
1. idiot; moron; foolUsually written using kana alone
2. trivial matter; folly; absurdityUsually written using kana alone
- What a piece of folly!
3. stupid; foolish; dull; absurd; ridiculousUsually written using kana alone
- き 。
- I decided not to do such a foolish thing.
4. fervent enthusiast; nut; person singularly obsessed with somethingUsually written using kana alone, usu. in compounds
5. Mactra chinensis (species of trough shell)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 馬鹿貝
6. Baka (fool)Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) is a frequently used Japanese word m... Read more
莫迦 【ばか】、破家 【ばか】、馬稼 【ばか】、バカ
馬鹿: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 莫迦: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 破家: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 馬稼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. tedium; boredom; dullness
2. to feel bored; to get bored with; to get tired of
3. BoredomBoredom is an emotional state experienced when an individ... Read more
怠屈: Out-dated kanji.
1. memorization; memorisation; learning by heart
2. Rote learningRote learning is a learning technique which focuses on me... Read more
諳記: Out-dated kanji.
1. prefecture (Japan); county (China, Taiwan, Norway, etc.); department (France); province (Italy, Spain, etc.)
- Tulips are our prefecture's official flower.
2. PrefectureFor subsequent types of praefectura, see Prefect. A prefe... Read more
縣: Out-dated kanji.
1. obi; kimono sash
- Her kimono and obi combination is smart, isn't it?
3. band; belt; strip
4. cingulumAnatomical term
6. Obi (sash)is a sash for traditional Japanese dress, keikogi worn fo... Read more
帯 【たらし】、帶 【おび】、帶 【たらし】
たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji. たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji.
1. to be able (in a position) to do; to be up to the taskUsually written using kana alone
- I'm sorry, I can't stay long.
2. to be ready; to be completedUsually written using kana alone
- お 」
- "Is the essay ready?" "No, I'm sorry. I haven't finished writing it yet."
3. to be made; to be builtUsually written using kana alone
- That football is made of genuine leather.
4. to be good at; to be permitted (to do)Usually written using kana alone
- May I use your toilet?
5. to become intimate; to take up (with somebody)Usually written using kana alone
- They seem to be in love with each other.
6. to grow; to be raisedUsually written using kana alone
- でき 。
- Oranges grow in warm countries.
7. to become pregnantUsually written using kana alone
出きる 【できる】、出來る 【できる】
出來る: Out-dated kanji.
1. railway station; train station
2. staging post on a highway (in pre-modern Japan)
驛: Out-dated kanji.
1. small quantity; little; few; something
- たま 、
- もど 。
- Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.
2. little while
- Do you mind if I watch TV for a while?
3. short distance
寡し 【すこし】、些し 【すこし】
些し: Out-dated kanji.
1. to go; to move (in a direction or towards a specific location); to head (towards); to be transported (towards); to reachSee also 来る くる
- おかあ 、
- Can I go swimming, Mother?
2. to proceed; to take placeSee also 旨く行く, い sometimes omitted in auxiliary use
- We'll have to try and make the best of it.
3. to pass through; to come and go
- These rules have been and always will be observed.
4. to walk
5. to die; to pass awayOnly applies to 逝く
6. to do (in a specific way)
7. to stream; to flow
8. to continue
9. to have an orgasm; to come; to cumUsually written using kana alone
10. to trip; to get high; to have a drug-induced hallucinationUsually written using kana alone, Slang
行く 【ゆく】、逝く 【いく】、逝く 【ゆく】、往く 【いく】、往く 【ゆく】
往く: Out-dated kanji. 往く: Out-dated kanji.
1. to get on (train, plane, bus, ship, etc.); to get in; to board; to take; to embark
- I'm catching the 11:00 train.
2. to get on (e.g. a footstool); to step on; to jump on; to sit on; to mountSee also 載る のる
- You really put that much in the sandwich?
3. to reach; to go over; to pass
- だま 」
- まちが 。
- If you say "I was tricked," well that's certainly so but there's no mistaking that you were the one who signed up on a "sweet deal".
4. to follow; to stay (on track); to go with (the times, etc.)
5. to take part; to participate; to join
6. to get into the swing (and sing, dance, etc.)
7. to be deceived; to be taken in
8. to be carried; to be spread; to be scatteredusu. with an adverb of manner, e.g. よく乗る
9. to stick; to attach; to take; to go onusu. with an adverb of manner, e.g. よく乗る
乘る: Out-dated kanji.
1. country; state
- おさ 。
- The king governed the country.
- ほっかいどう 富良野
- "From the North Country" is a TV drama produced by Fuji TV and set in Furano in Hokkaido.
3. national government; central government
4. home (i.e. hometown, home country)
- The scientist is famous both at home and abroad.
5. province (of Japan)Archaism, See also 国郡里制
6. land; earthArchaism
邦 【くに】、國 【くに】
國: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. remainder; remnant; rest; balance; surplus; remains (of a meal); leftoversUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to あまり
- Gyoza stuffing? I made some gyoza at home but, possibly because I didn't have enough dough, I had some of the filling left over.
2. (not) very; (not) muchUsually written using kana alone, with neg. sentence
- It's not worth much.
4. extreme; great; severe; tremendous; terrible
- We were entranced by the fabulous suite.
5. more than; overOnly applies to あまり
- I lived for more than a month in Nagoya.
余り 【あんまり】、餘り 【あまり】、餘り 【あんまり】
餘り: Out-dated kanji. 餘り: Out-dated kanji.
1. difficult; hard; troublesome; complicated; serious (disease, problem, etc.)Antonym: 易しい やさしい
2. fussy; particular; fastidious; hard to please; displeased
3. gloomy; glum; sullen; serious (look)
4. dirty; unclean; filthy; detestableArchaism
5. unpleasant; uncomfortable; creepy; spookyArchaism
難しい 【むつかしい】、六借しい 【むずかしい】、六借しい 【むつかしい】、六ヶ敷い 【むずかしい】、六ヶ敷い 【むつかしい】
六借しい: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 六借しい: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 六ヶ敷い: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 六ヶ敷い: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji.
1. truth; reality; actuality; fact
2. proper; right; correct; official
3. genuine; authentic; real; natural; veritable
本当 【ほんと】、本當 【ほんとう】、本當 【ほんと】、ホント、ホントー、ホントウ
ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ホント: Irregular kana usage.
1. to lie down
- ね 。
- I lay on my face.
2. to go to bed; to lie in bed
- ね 。
- I'll be in bed by the time you get home.
3. to sleep (lying down)See also 眠る
- つか 、
- Last night, I was so tired that I fell asleep with the TV on.
4. to sleep (with someone, i.e. have intercourse)
5. to lie idle
寐る: Out-dated kanji.
1. fast; quick; hasty; briskesp. 速い, 疾い, 捷い
- はや 」
- おそ 」
- はんたい 。
- "Fast" is the opposite of "slow."
2. early (in the day, etc.); prematureesp. 早い
- If it is useful for improving your life, it cannot be done too soon.
3. (too) soon; not yet; (too) earlyesp. 早い
4. easy; simple; quickSee also 手っ取り早い, esp. 早い
- Heck, with oboe players there are those who, rather than search for a reed that suits them, find it faster to make their own.
速い 【はやい】、疾い 【はやい】、捷い 【はやい】
疾い: Out-dated kanji. 捷い: Out-dated kanji.
1. afternoon; p.m.
午后: Out-dated kanji.