Words — 679 found
1. hand; armSee also お手 おて, occ. pronounced た when a prefix
- I made motions at him to come here with my hand.
2. forepaw; forelegColloquialism, See also お手 おて
- Here is a pan without handles.
4. hand; worker; help
5. trouble; care; effort
6. means; way; trick; move; technique; workmanship
- おも 。
- I hit upon a good idea.
7. hand; handwriting
8. kind; type; sort
9. one's hands; one's possessionSee also 手に入る
- はい 。
- Books are now within the reach of everybody.
10. ability to copeSee also 手に余る
11. hand (of cards)
- くば 。
- I was dealt a good hand.
12. directionSee also 山の手
13. move (in go, shogi, etc.)
15. HandA hand is a prehensile, multi-fingered extremity located ... Read more
1. teacher; instructor; master
- Our teacher is a gentleman in the true sense of the word.
2. sensei; title or form of address for a teacher, master, doctor, lawyer, etc.Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- I had my composition corrected by Mr Jones.
3. intimate or teasing form of addressFamiliar language, Jocular, humorous term
4. one's elderArchaism, orig. meaning
5. SenseiSensei is a Japanese word that is literally translated as... Read more
1. ship; boat; watercraft; vessel; seaplaneOnly applies to 船, Only applies to 舟, 舟 is often small and hand-propelled
- ひきあ 。
- They drew their boat on the beach.
2. tank; tub; vat; trough
3. counter for boat-shaped containers (e.g. of sashimi)Only applies to 船, Only applies to 舟
4. ShipSince the end of the age of sail a ship has been any larg... Read more
舟 【ふね】、槽 【ふね】
1. relation; relationship; connection
2. participation; involvement; concern
3. influence; effect
4. sexual relations; sexual relationship
5. related to; connected to
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
2. noteMusic term
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
1. fire; flame; blaze
2. FireFire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the exotherm... Read more
- Did you go abroad for pleasure or on business?
2. play (margin between on and off, gap before pressing button or lever has an effect)Usually written using kana alone
3. Play (activity)Play is a term employed in psychology and ethology to des... Read more
1. thread; yarn; string
2. YarnThis article is about the fibre product. For the type of ... Read more
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood term
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. tryUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Jocular, humorous term, See also 見る, imperative; after the -te form of a verb; pun on 見ろ
6. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
2. WeekA week is a time unit equal to seven days. The English wo... Read more
1. prize; award
2. AwardAn award is something given to a person or a group of peo... Read more
1. state (US, Australia, India, Germany, etc.); province (e.g. Canada); canton (e.g. Switzerland); oblast (e.g. Russia); department (e.g. ancient China)See also 県 けん
- Traveling to the southern states during the winter will be costlier than it is now.
3. dearArchaism, after someone's name
4. Zhou (country subdivision)Zhou were historical political divisions of China. Formal... Read more
1. (picture) frame; framed picture
- Bob mounted the portrait in a fancy frame, but it was upside down.
2. amount (esp. of money); sum
- This amount includes tax.
3. ForeheadIn human anatomy, the forehead is the fore part of the he... Read more
1. expert; learned person
- はじ 。
- In 1972, Dr. Francine Patterson started to teach sign language to Koko.
2. doctor; PhD; Dr.Colloquialism, See also 博士 はくし
3. instructor at the imperial court (ritsuryo period)
4. pitch and length marks (to accompany a Buddhist liturgical chant, etc.)See also 墨譜
5. Doctor (title)Doctor, as a title, originates from the Latin word of the... Read more
1. model; type (e.g. of machine, goods, etc.)
- Thank you for letting me know that the Model 600-J printer will not be available until May 4, 1997.
2. type; style; patternSee also 朝型, がた when a suffix
- She wore heart-shaped earrings.
3. mold (mould); template; model
- つく 。
- The statue was cast in a mold.
4. kata (standard form of a movement, posture, etc. in martial arts, sport, etc.)
5. form (i.e. customary procedure)
6. size (i.e. clothing, shoes)
7. inch (in diagonal display size)
8. (taxonomical) formObscure term, See also 品種