Words — 96 found
1. to arrive at; to reach
- It will be late autumn when you get to London.
2. to sit on; to sit at (e.g. the table)See also 席に着く
- Go to your respective seats.
1. to be attached; to be connected with; to adhere; to stick; to cling
- The boiler was heavily scaled.
2. to remain imprinted; to scar; to stain; to dye
- The cattle are marked with brands.
3. to bear (fruit, interest, etc.)
4. to be acquired (of a habit, ability, etc.); to increase (of strength, etc.)
- He has taken to drinking since the death of his wife.
5. to take root
6. to accompany; to attend; to follow; to study with
- Does it have a bathroom?
7. to side with; to belong to
- つ 。
- He sided with the opposition group in the argument.
8. to possess; to hauntSee also 憑く
9. to be lit; to be lightedSee also 点く
- つ 。
- The TV won't turn on.
10. to be settled; to be resolved; to be decided
11. to be given (of a name, price, etc.)
12. to be sensed; to be perceived
13. to be luckyfrom 運がつく
14. to become (a state, condition, etc.)See also 付く づく, after -masu stems, onomatopoeic and mimetic words
1. to ascend (the throne); to accedeSee also 付く つく
- ねん 、ジェームズ
- In 1603, when King James I came into power, football was allowed again.
2. to take (seat, position, course, office, etc.); to assume; to be hired; to be employedOnly applies to 就く
- つ 。
- She has a job with good prospects.
3. to start (on a journey); to commence; to departOnly applies to 就く
- We set out for home.
4. to study (under teacher); to be an apprenticeOnly applies to 就く
1. to prick; to stab
- I pricked my thumb with a needle.
2. to poke; to prod; to push; to thrust; to nudge; to hit; to strike
3. to use (a cane); to prop oneself up with; to press against (the floor, etc.)
- Stop resting your elbows on the table.
4. to attack
5. to brave (the rain, etc.)
衝く 【つく】、撞く 【つく】、捺く 【つく】
1. to breathe out; to breatheUsually written using kana alone
- Take a deep breath in and out, please.
2. to tell (a lie); to use (foul language)Usually written using kana alone
- You'll regret having said those words.
3. to vomit; to throw up; to spit upUsually written using kana alone, See also 吐く はく
- つ 。
- I threw up three times.
1. to hull (rice, barley, etc.); to pound (rice); to polish (rice); to stamp (ore)Usually written using kana alone
2. DeskA desk is a piece of furniture and a type of table often ... Read more
案 【つくえ】、机 【つき】
案: Out-dated kanji. つき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to make; to produce; to manufacture; to build; to construct造る usu. for large-scale building, manufacturing, etc.; 創る usu. for creating
- つく 。
- Wherever he may go, he is sure to make friends.
2. to prepare (food); to brew (alcohol)
- つく 。
- You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.
3. to raise; to grow; to cultivate; to trainSee also 野菜を作る
- It's much cheaper to live on grains and vegetables you can grow in your garden.
4. to till
5. to draw up (a document); to make out; to prepare; to write
- You should try to produce grammatical sentences.
6. to create (an artistic work, etc.); to compose
- つく 、
- Desktop publishing lets you produce books quickly and cheaply. It's like killing two birds with one stone.
7. to coin (a phrase); to organize; to organise; to establish; to found
8. to have (a child)
9. to make up (one's face, etc.)
10. to fabricate (an excuse, etc.)
11. to give a (false) appearance; to feign (a smile, etc.); to put on a show of emotion
12. to form (a line, etc.)
- おも 。
- I insist that exceptions not be made.
13. to set (a record)
14. to commit (a sin, etc.)
造る 【つくる】、創る 【つくる】
1. to exhaust; to run out
- Fishing trawlers have fished out all the local waters.
2. to devote; to serve (a person); to befriend
- People everywhere yearn for public leaders dedicated to world peace.
3. to do to exhaustion
尽す 【つくす】、盡す 【つくす】
盡す: Out-dated kanji.
1. to mend; to patch up; to repair; to fix; to darn
- I had my mother mend this sweater.
2. to fix (hair, clothes, appearance etc.); to adjust; to tidy up; to groom
- あ 。
- The monkeys are grooming each other.
3. to keep up appearances; to cover up (e.g. a mistake); to gloss over
- We have other things to do than worry about keeping up appearances.
4. to treat (illness, injury, etc.)Archaism
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. making; producing; manufacturing; building; construction; make; structure
- He explained the process of building a boat.
2. appearance (attire, make-up, etc.)
3. build; physique
- Her eyes are her best feature.
4. sashimiSee also 御作り
5. forced (smile, etc.)
1. deeply; keenly; severely; completely; utterlyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. intently; carefully; closely; attentivelyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
熟 【つくつく】、熟熟 【つくづく】、熟熟 【つくつく】、熟々 【つくづく】、熟々 【つくつく】
1. to build up; to complete; to construct; to create; to put together
- つくりあ 。
- The company crafted a new product.
2. to make up; to fabricate; to invent; to cook up
- つくりあ 。
- He made up a story about the king.
作りあげる 【つくりあげる】、造り上げる 【つくりあげる】、造りあげる 【つくりあげる】
1. to crouch; to squat; to cowerUsually written using kana alone, See also 蹲う つくばう
踞る 【うずくまる】、蹲る 【つくばる】