1. to take (seat, position, course, office, etc.); to assume; to be hired; to be employedOnly applies to 就く, See also 付く つく
- I was able to get a job through the good offices of my friend.
2. to ascend (the throne); to accede
- ねん 、ジェームズ
- In 1603, when King James I came into power, football was allowed again.
3. to start (on a journey); to commence; to departOnly applies to 就く
- We set out for home.
4. to study (under teacher); to be an apprenticeOnly applies to 就く
Log in to talk about this word.