Words — 25 found
1. to be affected; to be influenced
- That kind of behaviour affects your honour.
2. to be concerned with; to have to do with
- がい 、
- As a rule, I prefer people who deal with matters of this kind directly with those involved.
3. to stick to (opinions)
係わる 【かかわる】、拘る 【かかわる】、関る 【かかわる】、拘わる 【かかわる】、係る 【かかわる】
係る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. custody; detention; confinement
2. Detention (imprisonment)Detention is the process when a state, government or citi... Read more
Common word Links
1. prison; detention house; detention center; jail
1. to be obsessive (about); to be overly concerned (with); to fuss (over); to worry too much (about); to be picky (about); to be hung up (on); to stick toUsually written using kana alone
- Don't split hairs.
2. to be particular (about); to pay special attention (to); to be fastidious (about); to insist (on); to be uncompromisingUsually written using kana alone, positive nuance
- The boy persisted in wearing his hair long.
3. to get stuck; to be obstructedDated term, Usually written using kana alone
1. in spite of; regardless ofUsually written using kana alone
関らず 【かかわらず】、拘わらず 【かかわらず】、関わらず 【かかわらず】
1. adhering to; being a stickler for; being particular about; worrying too much about
1. to be mixed up with; to have a connection with (a troublesome matter)Usually written using kana alone
2. to be a stickler about; to be finicky about (some triviality)
- You have an English test tomorrow, so don't get bogged down in your math homework tonight.
3. to take part (in some work); to hang about; to bother (someone)
拘う 【かかずらう】、拘らう 【かかずらう】
2. StraitjacketA straitjacket is a garment shaped like a jacket with ove... Read more
1. obsession; fixation; hangup; determination; fastidiousness; pickiness about (trait, style, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
- いみ 。
- Care over the particulars only has meaning once it gets across to customers.
2. complaining; criticizingUsually written using kana alone
3. speciality (e.g. of restaurants)Usually written using kana alone
1. to refuse to compromise (on quality, etc.); to be fastidious about doing things the right way through to the end
1. proportional representation electoral system (in which party votes are cast, and candidates from each party are elected based on an ordered list available to the public)