Words — 9593 found
1. tree; shrub; bush
2. wood; timber
3. TreeA tree is a perennial woody plant. It most often has many... Read more
1. spirit; mind; heartSee also 気を逸らす
- Please don't take my mind off the work.
2. nature; dispositionSee also 気が小さい
- He is more gentle than kind.
- I don't feel like working today.
4. mood; feelingsSee also 気が重い
- She could divert herself from the anxieties.
5. ambience; atmosphere; mood
6. QiIn traditional Chinese culture, qì (also chi or ch'i) is ... Read more
氣: Out-dated kanji.
JLPT N1 Links
1. period; time
- はい 。
- The economy has entered a recession.
2. ageGeology, etc. term
3. term (e.g. in office); period
4. session (e.g. of parliament)
5. stage (e.g. disease)
1. account; history; chronicle; annals; recordalso written 紀
2. Records of Ancient MattersAbbreviation, See also 古事記
1. chance; opportunity
- We made the most of the opportunity.
- The salesman demonstrated how to use the mincer.
- うつ 。
- The plane rose sharply before leveling off as it left the coast.
4. counter for aircraft
- Three of the planes have not yet reported home.
5. counter for remaining lives (in video games)
1. oni; ogre; demon
- わら 。
- Next year is the devil's joke.
2. spirit of a deceased personSee also 亡魂
3. ogre-like person (i.e. fierce, relentless, merciless, etc.)Only applies to おに
4. it (in a game of tag, hide-and-seek, etc.)Only applies to おに, See also 鬼ごっこ おにごっこ
6. very; extremely; super-Slang, Only applies to おに, See also 超
7. Oni (folklore)are creatures from Japanese folklore, variously translate... Read more
1. counter for small animalsOnly applies to ひき
- か 。
- We own a dog and a cat.
2. counter for rolls of cloth (two han in size)
3. counter for horsesArchaism, Only applies to き
4. roll of cloth
匹 【き】、疋 【ひき】、疋 【き】
Common word Links
1. Welsh onion (Allium fistulosum); green onion; spring onionUsually written using kana alone
2. Welsh onionAllium fistulosum L. (Welsh onion, Japanese bunching onio... Read more
き: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.