Words — 214 found
1. myself; yourself; oneself; himself; herself
- う 、
- かんがえなお 。
- Conflicting reports prompted the director to reconsider her position.
2. I; me
- い 。
- Mr Smith says he was born in New York, but that his wife comes from Japan.
3. youKansai dialect
1. to differ (from); to vary
- ちが 。
- I differ from you on that point.
2. to not be in the usual condition
- Is he mad that he should say such a foolish thing?
3. to not match the correct (answer, etc.)
- You're going the wrong way.
4. to be different from promisedSee also 話が違う
5. isn't it?; wasn't it?Kansai dialect, at sentence-end; oft. as 〜のと違うか
1. to cure; to healusu. 治す
2. to fix; to correct; to repairusu. 直す
3. to do over againafter -masu base of verb; usu. 直す
- The boy adjusted his cap.
4. to replace; to put back as it wasKansai dialect, Kyoto dialect, usu. 直す
- Put the book back where you found it.
5. to convert (into a different state); to transformusu. 直す
- Put the following sentences into Japanese.
1. circleSee also ○ まる
- ちが 。
- John and Cathy have different tastes and different characters. Trying to get them together is like putting a square peg in a round hole.
2. entirety; whole; full; complete
- かん 、
- We're booked for the whole month on Broadway.
3. money; dough; moolaSlang
4. enclosure inside a castle's wallsesp. 丸
5. soft-shelled turtleKansai dialect, See also スッポン
6. suffix for ship names; suffix for names of people (esp. infants); suffix for names of swords, armour, musical instruments, etc.; suffix for names of dogs, horses, etc.See also 麻呂, esp. 丸
1. to rot; to go bad; to decay; to spoil; to fester; to decompose; to turn sour (e.g. milk)
2. to corrode; to weather; to crumble
3. to become useless; to blunt; to weaken (from lack of practice)
4. to become depraved; to be degenerate; to be morally bankrupt; to be corrupt
5. to be depressed; to be dispirited; to feel discouraged; to feel downSee also 気が腐る きがくさる
6. to have the audacity to; to be bastard enough toUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, See also やがる, after the -masu stem of a verb; indicates scorn or disdain for another's action
7. to lose a betArchaism
8. to be drenched; to become sopping wetArchaism
1. to come near; to let someone approach
- Pull over to the side, please.
2. to bring near; to bring together; to collect; to gather
- あ 。
- The snow banked up against the wall.
3. to deliver (opinion, news, etc.); to send (e.g. a letter); to contribute; to donate
4. to let someone drop by
5. to add (numbers)
6. to have feelings for (love, goodwill, trust, etc.)
7. to rely upon for a time; to depend on
8. to use as a pretext
9. to put aside
10. to press; to push; to force
11. to include; to welcome (in a group); to let inKansai dialect
1. great; excellent; admirable; remarkable; distinguished; important; celebrated; famous; eminent
- I discerned the potential of great things in him.
2. very troublesome; awful; terribleUsually written using kana alone
- My wife had a hard time getting into the swing of our new life in America.
3. tiring; toughUsually written using kana alone
4. very; extremelyUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect
1. to cook (grains, e.g. rice)
2. to boil; to simmer; to stew; to seetheKansai dialect, See also 煮る
1. aim; object; purpose; end
2. expectations; prospects; hopes
3. something that can be relied upon
4. snack served with alcoholic drinkKansai dialect
5. pad; guard
6. blow; strike
7. addressed toOnly applies to 宛, Only applies to 宛て
8. perUsually written using kana alone, also written as 充て
宛 【あて】、宛て 【あて】
1. absurd; unreasonable; excessive; rashむっちゃ is dialectal
2. very; extremely; excessivelyKansai dialect, See also めっちゃ
無茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 無茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. yes; that is correct; right
- Yes, he's almost as tall as I am.
2. um; errr
4. grrr; gah; Must I?
- え 、
- み 」「
- "Lemme see your painting, Manaka." "Must you? It's embarrassing!"
5. goodKansai dialect, See also 良い
- きみ 、
- You're doing good work there.
えー: Irregular kana usage.
1. inside; within
- I have a dream that AIDS will be cured in my lifetime.
2. while (e.g. one is young); during; within (e.g. a day); in the course ofUsually written using kana alone
- The young boy got sticky fingers when he walked into stores.
3. among; amongst; (out) of; betweenUsually written using kana alone, as 〜のうち
- One of my sons is a teacher, and the other is a doctor.
4. in (secret, chaos, poverty, etc.); amidst; with (e.g. success)Usually written using kana alone, also 裡, 裏; as のうちに after a noun representing a state or condition
- たず 。
- "Would you like to work for me, Tony?" asked Mr Wood.
5. within oneself; one's feelings; inner thoughts
7. one's home; one's familyUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to 内, See also 家 うち, also 家
8. my spouse; my husband; my wifeOnly applies to 内
9. signed on behalf of (husband's name) by his wifeOnly applies to 内, in a letter after the husband's name
10. I; meUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, Only applies to 内, primarily used by women and children
11. imperial palace groundsArchaism, Only applies to 内
12. emperorArchaism, Only applies to 内
1. fool; idiot; simpletonUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect
阿呆 【あほう】、阿房 【あほう】、アホ
阿呆: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 阿呆: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 阿房: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. such things as ...; and ... andused for non-exhaustive lists related to a specific time and place
- You'll soon come to enjoy the food and drink here.
2. the minute (that) ...; no sooner than ...; as soon asSee also や否や, after the dictionary form of a verb
3. be; isKansai dialect, See also だ
4. o; ohpunctuational exclamation in haiku, renga, etc.
- I guess I'm never going to get married.
5. huh; whatinterjection expressing surprise
6. hiMale term or language
7. yes; what?Archaism
8. yes?; no?; is it?; isn't it?Archaism, indicates a question
9. Ya (kana)や, in hiragana, or ヤ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. indicates emotion or admirationFemale term or language, at sentence end
2. indicates emphasisKansai dialect, at sentence end
3. I; meTsugaru dialect
6. Wa (kana)わ, in hiragana, or ワ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. to throw; to fling; to hurl; to toss
- くん 。
- You throw a good ball nowadays, Keiichi.
2. to neglect; to abandon; to leave alone; to give up on; to leave undone; to leave unfinishedSee also 放っておく
- The car has been kicking around the roadside for weeks.
放る 【ほる】、抛る 【ほうる】、抛る 【ほる】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. hey!; oi!; ahoy!
- ふたり 。
- ... Hey-hey you two, is it no holds barred as soon as you know it's my treat?
2. I; meKansai dialect, Only applies to おい
1. at; inindicates location of action; にて is the formal literary form
- Do you remember what Kathy had on at the party?
2. at; whenindicates time of action
- They will have been staying here for two months next Sunday.
3. by; withindicates means of action
- りつ ２
- たい １
- The odds are two-to-one that the Reds win.
4. and then; so
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
5. and; thenOnly applies to で, See also て, indicates continuing action; alternative form of 〜て used for some verb types
6. let me tell you; don't you knowKansai dialect, Only applies to で, See also よ, at sentence-end; indicates certainty, emphasis, etc.
1. truth; realityUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, See also 本当
本間: Irregular kanji usage.