Words — 244 found
1. myself; yourself; oneself; himself; herself
- う 、
- かんがえなお 。
- Conflicting reports prompted the director to reconsider her position.
2. I; me
- い 。
- Mr Smith says he was born in New York, but that his wife comes from Japan.
3. youKansai dialect
1. to differ (from); to be different; to be distinct; to be unlike; to vary; to disagree (with)
- ちが 。
- I differ from you on that point.
2. to be wrong; to be incorrect; to be mistaken
- Is he mad that he should say such a foolish thing?
3. to become abnormal; to go wrongSee also 気が違う
- You're going the wrong way.
4. isn't it?; wasn't it?Kansai dialect, at sentence-end; oft. as 〜のと違うか
1. to repair; to mend; to fix; to correct (a mistake, bad habit, etc.); to put right; to restore; to straighten (e.g. a tie); to tidy up (one's hair, make-up, etc.); to revive (one's spirits)
- It's no use trying to fix it now.
2. to change; to alter; to convert; to translate
3. to put back; to put awayKansai dialect
- Put the book back where you found it.
4. to cure; to healSee also 治す, usu. written as 治す
5. to move up; to promoteDated term
- Put the following sentences into Japanese.
6. to do over again; to redoafter -masu stem of verb
- Every Jack must have his Jill.
2. (one's) daughter-in-law
- ここんとうざい 、
- み 。
- In all times and places many examples of poor relations between wives and mothers-in-law can be seen.
3. wifeKansai dialect
娵 【よめ】、婦 【よめ】、媳 【よめ】
娵: Rarely-used kanji form. 婦: Rarely-used kanji form. 媳: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. circleSee also ○ まる
- ちが 。
- John and Cathy have different tastes and different characters. Trying to get them together is like putting a square peg in a round hole.
2. entirety; whole; full; complete
- かん 、
- We're booked for the whole month on Broadway.
3. money; dough; moolaSlang
4. enclosure inside a castle's wallsesp. 丸
5. soft-shelled turtleKansai dialect, See also スッポン
6. suffix for ship names; suffix for names of people (esp. infants); suffix for names of swords, armour, musical instruments, etc.; suffix for names of dogs, horses, etc.See also 麻呂, esp. 丸
1. wise; clever; smart
2. well-behaved (esp. children and pets); obedient; goodChildren's language, Kansai dialect
1. to rot; to go bad; to decay; to spoil; to fester; to decompose; to turn sour (e.g. milk)
2. to corrode; to weather; to crumble
3. to become useless; to blunt; to weaken (from lack of practice)
4. to become depraved; to be degenerate; to be morally bankrupt; to be corrupt
5. to be depressed; to be dispirited; to feel discouraged; to feel downSee also 気が腐る きがくさる
6. to have the audacity to; to be bastard enough toUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, See also やがる, after the -masu stem of a verb; indicates scorn or disdain for another's action
7. to lose a betArchaism
8. to be drenched; to become sopping wetArchaism
1. to come near; to let someone approach
- Pull over to the side, please.
2. to bring near; to bring together; to collect; to gather
- Draw your chair closer to the fire.
3. to deliver (opinion, news, etc.); to send (e.g. a letter); to contribute; to donate
- ごじ ・
- Please send reports of mistypings and mistranslations to the email address below.
4. to let someone drop by
5. to add (numbers)
6. to have feelings for (love, goodwill, trust, etc.)
7. to rely upon for a time; to depend on
8. to use as a pretext
9. to put aside
10. to press; to push; to force
11. to include; to welcome (in a group); to let inKansai dialect
1. great; excellent; admirable; remarkable; distinguished; important; celebrated; famous; eminent
- I discerned the potential of great things in him.
2. very troublesome; awful; terribleUsually written using kana alone
- My wife had a hard time getting into the swing of our new life in America.
3. tiring; toughUsually written using kana alone
4. very; extremelyUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect
1. to cook (grains, e.g. rice)
2. to boil; to simmer; to stew; to seetheKansai dialect, See also 煮る
3. to get angry; to snapInternet slang
1. aim; object; purpose; end
2. expectations; prospects; hopes
3. something that can be relied upon
4. snack served with alcoholic drinkKansai dialect
5. pad; guard
6. blow; strike
7. addressed toOnly applies to 宛, Only applies to 宛て
8. perUsually written using kana alone, also written as 充て
宛 【あて】、宛て 【あて】
1. absurd; unreasonable; ridiculousむっちゃ is dialectal
- You are mad to try to do it all alone.
2. rash; reckless
- He'd be crazy to climb the mountain in winter.
3. excessive; immoderate; extreme
- I shouldn't have overdone it.
4. very; extremely; excessivelyKansai dialect, See also めっちゃ
無茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 無茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. then; well; so; well thenSee also では, from では
- こた 。
- "That's cheap. I'll take ten yards," the girl answered.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. yes; that is correct; right
- Yes, he's almost as tall as I am.
2. um; errr
4. grrr; gah; Must I?
- え 、
- み 」「
- "Lemme see your painting, Manaka." "Must you? It's embarrassing!"
5. goodKansai dialect, See also 良い
- きみ 、
- You're doing good work there.
えー: Irregular kana usage.
1. inside; within
- I have a dream that AIDS will be cured in my lifetime.
2. while (e.g. one is young); during; within (e.g. a day); in the course ofUsually written using kana alone
- The young boy got sticky fingers when he walked into stores.
3. among; amongst; (out) of; betweenUsually written using kana alone, as 〜のうち
- One of my sons is a teacher, and the other is a doctor.
4. in (secret, chaos, poverty, etc.); amidst; with (e.g. success)Usually written using kana alone, also 裡, 裏; as 〜のうちに after a noun representing a state or condition
- たず 。
- "Would you like to work for me, Tony?" asked Mr Wood.
5. within oneself; one's feelings; inner thoughts
7. one's home; one's familyUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to 内, See also 家 うち, also 家
8. my spouse; my husband; my wifeOnly applies to 内
9. signed on behalf of (husband's name) by his wifeOnly applies to 内, in a letter after the husband's name
10. I; meUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, Only applies to 内, primarily used by women and children
11. imperial palace groundsArchaism, Only applies to 内
12. emperorArchaism, Only applies to 内
1. fool; idiot; simpletonUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect
阿呆 【あほう】、阿房 【あほう】、アホ
阿呆: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 阿呆: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 阿房: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. don'tOnly applies to な, prohibitive; used with dictionary form verb
- Don't put the cart before the horse.
2. doOnly applies to な, imperative (from なさい); used with -masu stem of verb
- Out of my way, boy.
3. hey; listen; look; sayused to get someone's attention or press one's point
- Hey, Tom, forget about your worries.
4. now, ...; well, ...; I tell you!; you knowwhen seeking confirmation, for emphasis, etc.; used at sentence end
- I want to drink milk.
5. wow; oohused to express admiration, emotionality, etc.; used at sentence end
6. right?; isn't it?; doesn't it?; don't you?; don't you think?Kansai dialect, used as a request for confirmation or agreement; used at sentence end
- Ah, this hot water's good!
7. Na (kana)な, in hiragana, or ナ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. such things as ...; and ... andused for non-exhaustive lists related to a specific time and place
- You'll soon come to enjoy the food and drink here.
2. the minute (that) ...; no sooner than ...; as soon asSee also や否や, after the dictionary form of a verb
3. be; isKansai dialect, See also だ
4. o; ohpunctuational exclamation in haiku, renga, etc.
- I guess I'm never going to get married.
5. huh; whatinterjection expressing surprise
6. hiMale term or language
7. yes; what?Archaism
8. yes?; no?; is it?; isn't it?Archaism, indicates a question
9. Ya (kana)や, in hiragana, or ヤ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. indicates emotion or admirationFemale term or language, at sentence end
2. indicates emphasisKansai dialect, at sentence end
3. I; meTsugaru dialect
6. Wa (kana)わ, in hiragana, or ワ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. to throw; to fling; to hurl; to toss
- くん 。
- You throw a good ball nowadays, Keiichi.
2. to neglect; to abandon; to leave alone; to give up on; to leave undone; to leave unfinishedSee also 放っておく
- The car has been kicking around the roadside for weeks.
放る 【ほる】、抛る 【ほうる】、抛る 【ほる】