Words — 224 found
1. myself; yourself; oneself; himself; herself
- う 、
- かんがえなお 。
- Conflicting reports prompted the director to reconsider her position.
2. I; me
- い 。
- Mr Smith says he was born in New York, but that his wife comes from Japan.
3. youKansai dialect
1. to differ (from); to vary
- ちが 。
- I differ from you on that point.
2. to not be in the usual condition
- Is he mad that he should say such a foolish thing?
3. to not match the correct (answer, etc.)
- You're going the wrong way.
4. to be different from promisedSee also 話が違う
5. isn't it?; wasn't it?Kansai dialect, at sentence-end; oft. as 〜のと違うか
1. to cure; to healusu. 治す
- That doctor may cure him of his cancer.
2. to fix; to correct; to repairusu. 直す
- I will have repaired your watch by tomorrow.
3. to do over againafter -masu base of verb; usu. 直す
- The boy adjusted his cap.
4. to replace; to put back as it wasKansai dialect, Kyoto dialect, usu. 直す
- Put the book back where you found it.
5. to convert (into a different state); to transformusu. 直す
- Put the following sentences into Japanese.
1. circleSee also ○ まる
- ちが 。
- John and Cathy have different tastes and different characters. Trying to get them together is like putting a square peg in a round hole.
2. entirety; whole; full; complete
- かん 、
- We're booked for the whole month on Broadway.
3. money; dough; moolaSlang
4. enclosure inside a castle's wallsesp. 丸
5. soft-shelled turtleKansai dialect, See also スッポン
6. suffix for ship names; suffix for names of people (esp. infants); suffix for names of swords, armour, musical instruments, etc.; suffix for names of dogs, horses, etc.See also 麻呂, esp. 丸
1. to rot; to go bad; to decay; to spoil; to fester; to decompose; to turn sour (e.g. milk)
2. to corrode; to weather; to crumble
3. to become useless; to blunt; to weaken (from lack of practice)
4. to become depraved; to be degenerate; to be morally bankrupt; to be corrupt
5. to be depressed; to be dispirited; to feel discouraged; to feel downSee also 気が腐る きがくさる
6. to have the audacity to; to be bastard enough toUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, See also やがる, after the -masu stem of a verb; indicates scorn or disdain for another's action
7. to lose a betArchaism
8. to be drenched; to become sopping wetArchaism
1. to come near; to let someone approach
- Pull over to the side, please.
2. to bring near; to bring together; to collect; to gather
- Draw your chair closer to the fire.
3. to deliver (opinion, news, etc.); to send (e.g. a letter); to contribute; to donate
- ごじ ・
- Please send reports of mistypings and mistranslations to the email address below.
4. to let someone drop by
5. to add (numbers)
6. to have feelings for (love, goodwill, trust, etc.)
7. to rely upon for a time; to depend on
8. to use as a pretext
9. to put aside
10. to press; to push; to force
11. to include; to welcome (in a group); to let inKansai dialect
1. great; excellent; admirable; remarkable; distinguished; important; celebrated; famous; eminent
- I discerned the potential of great things in him.
2. very troublesome; awful; terribleUsually written using kana alone
- My wife had a hard time getting into the swing of our new life in America.
3. tiring; toughUsually written using kana alone
4. very; extremelyUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect
1. to cook (grains, e.g. rice)
2. to boil; to simmer; to stew; to seetheKansai dialect, See also 煮る
1. aim; object; purpose; end
2. expectations; prospects; hopes
3. something that can be relied upon
4. snack served with alcoholic drinkKansai dialect
5. pad; guard
6. blow; strike
7. addressed toOnly applies to 宛, Only applies to 宛て
8. perUsually written using kana alone, also written as 充て
宛 【あて】、宛て 【あて】
1. absurd; unreasonable; excessive; rashむっちゃ is dialectal
2. very; extremely; excessivelyKansai dialect, See also めっちゃ
無茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 無茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. yes; that is correct; right
- Yes, he's almost as tall as I am.
2. um; errr
4. grrr; gah; Must I?
- え 、
- み 」「
- "Lemme see your painting, Manaka." "Must you? It's embarrassing!"
5. goodKansai dialect, See also 良い
- きみ 、
- You're doing good work there.
えー: Irregular kana usage.
1. inside; within
- I have a dream that AIDS will be cured in my lifetime.
2. while (e.g. one is young); during; within (e.g. a day); in the course ofUsually written using kana alone
- The young boy got sticky fingers when he walked into stores.
3. among; amongst; (out) of; betweenUsually written using kana alone, as 〜のうち
- One of my sons is a teacher, and the other is a doctor.
4. in (secret, chaos, poverty, etc.); amidst; with (e.g. success)Usually written using kana alone, also 裡, 裏; as のうちに after a noun representing a state or condition
- たず 。
- "Would you like to work for me, Tony?" asked Mr Wood.
5. within oneself; one's feelings; inner thoughts
7. one's home; one's familyUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to 内, See also 家 うち, also 家
8. my spouse; my husband; my wifeOnly applies to 内
9. signed on behalf of (husband's name) by his wifeOnly applies to 内, in a letter after the husband's name
10. I; meUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, Only applies to 内, primarily used by women and children
11. imperial palace groundsArchaism, Only applies to 内
12. emperorArchaism, Only applies to 内
1. fool; idiot; simpletonUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect
阿呆 【あほう】、阿房 【あほう】、アホ
阿呆: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 阿呆: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 阿房: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. such things as ...; and ... andused for non-exhaustive lists related to a specific time and place
- You'll soon come to enjoy the food and drink here.
2. the minute (that) ...; no sooner than ...; as soon asSee also や否や, after the dictionary form of a verb
3. be; isKansai dialect, See also だ
4. o; ohpunctuational exclamation in haiku, renga, etc.
- I guess I'm never going to get married.
5. huh; whatinterjection expressing surprise
6. hiMale term or language
7. yes; what?Archaism
8. yes?; no?; is it?; isn't it?Archaism, indicates a question
9. Ya (kana)や, in hiragana, or ヤ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. indicates emotion or admirationFemale term or language, at sentence end
2. indicates emphasisKansai dialect, at sentence end
3. I; meTsugaru dialect
6. Wa (kana)わ, in hiragana, or ワ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. to throw; to fling; to hurl; to toss
- くん 。
- You throw a good ball nowadays, Keiichi.
2. to neglect; to abandon; to leave alone; to give up on; to leave undone; to leave unfinishedSee also 放っておく
- The car has been kicking around the roadside for weeks.
放る 【ほる】、抛る 【ほうる】、抛る 【ほる】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. hey!; oi!; ahoy!
- ふたり 。
- ... Hey-hey you two, is it no holds barred as soon as you know it's my treat?
2. I; meKansai dialect, Only applies to おい
1. at; inindicates location of action; にて is the formal literary form
2. at; whenindicates time of action
3. by; withindicates means of action
4. and then; so
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
5. and; thenOnly applies to で, See also て, indicates continuing action; alternative form of 〜て used for some verb types
6. let me tell you; don't you knowKansai dialect, Only applies to で, See also よ, at sentence-end; indicates certainty, emphasis, etc.
1. truth; realityUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, See also 本当
本間: Irregular kanji usage.