Words — 4646 found
Common word Links
1. university; college
- You should go on to a technical college.
2. former imperial university of Japan (established under the ritsuryō system for the training of government administrators)Historical term, Abbreviation, See also 大学寮
- The majority of the successful candidates were university graduates.
3. the Great Learning (one of the Four Books)See also 四書
4. UniversityA university is an institution of higher education and re... Read more
大學: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. adult; grown-up
2. AdultAn adult is a human being or living organism that is of r... Read more
2. financial situation
3. KitchenA kitchen is a room or part of a room used for cooking an... Read more
台所 【だいどこ】、臺處 【だいどころ】、臺處 【だいどこ】
臺處: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 臺處: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. man; male
- こた 。
- He asked the men, "Would you share a room?" "Certainly, we will," answered the three men.
2. masculine genderGrammar
3. ManIn English, lower case man (pl. men) refers to an adult h... Read more
1. president (of a nation)
2. big man; boss; buddy; mateFamiliar language, used vocatively; esp. of an actor
3. PresidentA president is a leader of an organization, company, club... Read more
1. cabinet minister
2. Minister (government)A minister is a politician who holds significant public o... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. representation; agency; proxy
- I'm engaged tomorrow, so I've arranged for someone else to take my place.
2. proxy; agent; representative; deputy; substitute; surrogate; stand-in
- He will be my deputy while I am away.
3. Law of agencyThe law of agency is an area of commercial law dealing wi... Read more
1. whoだあれ is emphatic or inquisitive
誰 【だあれ】、誰 【たれ】、誰 【た】
たれ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. た: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to take out; to get out
- You can withdraw some money out of the bank, if you need any.
2. to put out; to reveal; to show
- I want to remain anonymous in this.
3. to submit (e.g. thesis); to turn in
- Read over your paper before you hand it in.
4. to publish; to make publicSee also あぶり出す あぶりだす
- ひ （
- げつようび ）
- くだ 。
- We'll release the final agenda on the morning of Monday, January 20, so please reply quickly.
5. to send (e.g. letter)See also 手紙を出す
- Sending manuscript after manuscript paid off. A magazine finally published my work.
6. to produce (a sound); to start (fire)See also 声を出す
- だ 。
- The government issued the following statement.
7. to serve (food)
- だ 。
- They serve excellent food here.
8. ... out (e.g. to jump out, to carry out)See also 飛び出す とびだす, after the -masu stem of a verb
- How long have you had this pain?
9. to begin ...; to start to ...; to burst into ...See also 歌いだす うたいだす, after the -masu stem of a verb
1. liking very much; loving (something or someone); adoring; being very fond of
1. safe; secure; sound; problem-free; without fear; all right; alright; OK; okay
- She is all right at the moment.
2. certainly; surely; undoubtedly
- No, no, that's okay.
3. no thanks; I'm good; that's alrightColloquialism
4. great man; fine figure of a manArchaism, Only applies to だいじょうぶ, See also 大丈夫 だいじょうふ
1. gradually; by degrees; little by little; more and more; increasinglyUsually written using kana alone
2. steps; stairs; staircase; terrace
Common word JLPT N2 Links
2. CarpentryA carpenter (builder) is a skilled craftsperson who works... Read more
1. graduate school
2. Graduate schoolA graduate school is a school that awards advanced academ... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
- せつぞくし +
- だいめいし 」
- Relative pronouns perform as 'conjunction + pronoun'.
2. synonym; classic example; pattern; byword; representative
- The name Cleopatra has become a byword for a beautiful woman.
3. PronounIn linguistics and grammar, a pronoun is a pro-form that ... Read more