Words — 132 found
1. below; down; under; younger (e.g. daughter)
- "By the way, where's your old man?" "Under that over-turned truck."
- Sign at the bottom, please.
3. beneath; underneath
- The rain penetrated my raincoat.
4. just after; right afteras 下から, 下より, etc.
5. inferiority; one's inferior (i.e. one's junior)
- お 。
- I put Milton after Dante.
6. trade-inSee also 下取り
7. preliminary; preparatorySee also 下準備
1. low-lying part of a city (usu. containing shops, factories, etc.)
2. Shitamachi (low-lying area of eastern Tokyo near Tokyo Bay, incl. Asakusa, Shitaya, Kanda, Fukugawa, Honjo, Nihonbashi, Kyobashi and surrounds)See also 山の手
JLPT N1 Links
1. secret intention; ulterior motive
- いだ 。
- He has designs on that girl.
2. kanji "heart" radical at bottom
1. preliminary inspection; having a look in advance
- かくにん ：
- Location check: The parties involved themselves or their attendants should look over the place for the miai meeting in advance.
2. preparatory read-through (e.g. of lesson notes)
3. siding (on a house); clapboard; weatherboardSee also 下見板 したみいた
1. goods piled beneath; lower layer
2. lowest social strata; bottom (of the ladder); low rank; obscurity
- お 。
- He lived and died in obscurity.
1. desk pad; sheet of plastic (or cardboard, felt, etc.) placed under writing paper; underlay
2. being pinned under; being caught under; being trapped under; being buried under; being crushed beneath
3. model; patternoften as 〜を下敷きにして
4. ShitajikiShitajiki (下敷き, literally under-sheet) is a Japanese word... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. groundwork; foundation
2. inclination; aptitude; elementary knowledge (of); grounding (in)
3. undercoat; first coat
4. soy sauceSee also お下地