Words — 523 found
1. large; big; great; huge; vast; major; important; serious; severe
2. great; prominent; eminent; distinguished
- おも 。
- I think he's a great writer.
3. -sized; as big as; the size of
- きえさ 。
- In the blink of an eye, the tennis-ball-sized dumpling had disappeared.
4. universityAbbreviation, See also 大学
- She was accepted at Harvard.
5. large (e.g. serving size); large option
- Large or small?
6. long month (i.e. having 31 days)Abbreviation, See also 大の月
1. university; collegeSee also 総合大学
- You should go on to a technical college.
2. former central university of Kyoto (established under the ritsuryo system for the training of government administrators)Abbreviation, See also 大学寮, See also 国学 こくがく
- The majority of the successful candidates were university graduates.
3. the Great Learning (one of the Four Books)See also 四書
4. UniversityA university is an institution of higher education and re... Read more
大學: Out-dated kanji.
2. AdultAn adult is a human being or living organism that is of r... Read more
1. president (of a nation or company); chief executive
2. big man; boss; buddy; mateFamiliar language, used vocatively; esp. of an actor
3. PresidentA president is a leader of an organization, company, club... Read more
1. cabinet minister
2. Minister (government)A minister is a politician who holds significant public o... Read more
1. loveable; very likeable; like very much
1. safe; secure; sound; problem-free; without fear; all right; alright; OK; okay
- She is all right at the moment.
2. certainly; surely; undoubtedly
- No, no, that's okay.
3. no thanks; I'm good; that's alrightColloquialism
4. great man; fine figure of a manArchaism, Only applies to だいじょうぶ, See also 大丈夫 だいじょうふ
Common word JLPT N2 Links
2. CarpentryA carpenter (builder) is a skilled craftsperson who works... Read more
1. graduate school
2. Graduate schoolA graduate school is a school that awards advanced academ... Read more
1. important; serious; crucial
- I'll treasure your kind words.
2. valuable; precious
- He is precious to us.
3. serious matter; major incident; matter of grave concern; crisisSee also 大事 おおごと
4. great undertaking; great enterprise; great thing
5. safe; OKSee also だいじょうぶ, Tochigi dialect
1. outline; main point; gistUsually written using kana alone
2. general; substantially; approximately; aboutUsually written using kana alone
3. in the first place; to begin with; from the startUsually written using kana alone
1. university student; college student
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. sizes (various); large and small
- Watch out for big and small stones on the road!
2. daisho (matched pair of long and short swords)
3. large and small drums
4. long months and short months
5. sic bo (Macau dice game); tai sai; dai siu; big and small
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. considerably; greatly; a lotUsually written using kana alone
2. MarbleMarble is a non-foliated metamorphic rock composed of rec... Read more
1. captain (Army, U.S. Marine Corps, USAF); lieutenant (Navy); flight lieutenant (RAF, RAAF, RNZAF, etc.)pron. だいい in ref. to the old Japanese navy
2. Captain (OF-2)The army rank of captain (from the French capitaine) is a... Read more
1. large statue of Buddha (trad. at least 4.8m high)
2. Daibutsuor 'giant Buddha' is the Japanese term, often used inform... Read more