Words — 1114 found
1. salt; common salt; table salt; sodium chloride
2. hardship; toil; trouble
3. saltinessFood, cooking
4. cold; unwelcoming; indifferentColloquialism
5. SaltSalt, also known as table salt, or rock salt, is a crysta... Read more
1. whiteSee also 黒
- I have two dogs. One is white and the other black.
2. innocence; innocent person
3. blank space
4. white go stone
5. white dragon tileMahjong, See also 白 はく
6. skewered grilled pig intestineFood, cooking
7. WhiteWhite is a color, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood, cooking
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. tryUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Jocular, humorous term, See also 見る, imperative; after the -te form of a verb; pun on 見ろ
6. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
1. legume (esp. edible legumes or their seeds, e.g. beans, peas, pulses); bean; pea
- We roast just enough beans for the amount we're going to drink, and grind them in the coffee mill.
2. soya bean (Glycine max); soybean; soySee also 大豆
3. female genitalia (esp. the clitoris)Colloquialism
4. kidneyFood, cooking, Colloquialism, Usually written using kana alone
5. small; miniature; baby; midget; small-scale
7. BeanBean is a common name for large plant seeds of several ge... Read more
荳 【まめ】、菽 【まめ】、マメ
1. string; cordUsually written using kana alone
- つか 。
- To record something, they used knotted cords made of the wool of the llama or alpaca.
2. man who is financially dependent on a woman; gigolo; pimpUsually written using kana alone, esp. ヒモ
3. restrictions; conditionsUsually written using kana alone
4. mantle (shellfish, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
5. small intestine (beef, pork); oviduct meat (chicken)Food, cooking, Usually written using kana alone
6. TwineTwine is a light string or strong thread composed of two ... Read more
1. buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum)Usually written using kana alone
2. soba; Japanese buckwheat noodlesFood, cooking, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to そば, See also 蕎麦切り
- さい 、
- When I visited my friend in Nagano, I was treated to delicious soba.
3. Chinese-style noodlesFood, cooking, Usually written using kana alone
4. Sobais the Japanese name for buckwheat. It is synonymous with... Read more
蕎麦 【そばむぎ】、蕎麦 【そまむぎ】
1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, party, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computing
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food, cooking, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉, 珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉, 珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggOnly applies to 玉, See also 玉子
15. okonomiyakiFood, cooking, Only applies to 玉, See also お好み焼き
16. coinusu. だま
17. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
1. seed (e.g. of a plant); pip; kernel; stone (e.g. of a peach)
- は 。
- You must sow before you can reap.
2. progeny; offspring; issue; breed
3. paternal blood; lineageSee also 胤
4. sperm; semen; seed
5. cause; source; seed; origin
- If you do that, you're going to subject yourself to ridicule.
6. material (e.g. for an article); matter (e.g. of a story); subject (of discussion); theme; (news) copy; source (of a story)
7. ingredient; main ingredient (of a piece of sushi); leavenFood, cooking
8. mechanism (of a magic trick, etc.); secret; trickery
9. 10-point card; tane; animal cardHanafuda, Usually written using kana alone, oft. as タネ
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. butterFood, cooking
2. ButterButter is a dairy product made by churning fresh or ferme... Read more
1. udon; thick Japanese wheat noodlesFood, cooking, Usually written using kana alone
饂飩: Rarely-used kanji form. うんどん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 饂飩: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. small dish (usu. one of several accompanying rice); side dishFood, cooking, Usually written using kana alone
- き 。
- I've decided what to cook for dinner.
2. fill; fill-in (drumming)Music, Usually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Only applies to おかず, Only applies to オカズ
3. jack-off material; something to masturbate toUsually written using kana alone, Vulgar expression or word, Slang, Only applies to おかず, Only applies to オカズ
御菜 【おかず】、御数 【おかず】、お数 【おかず】、お菜 【おさい】、御菜 【おさい】、オカズ
お菜: Rarely-used kanji form. 御菜: Rarely-used kanji form. 御数: Rarely-used kanji form. お数: Rarely-used kanji form. お菜: Rarely-used kanji form. 御菜: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. cakeFood, cooking
2. CakeCake is a form of bread or bread-like food. In its modern... Read more
1. sandwichFood, cooking
2. SandwichA sandwich is a food item, typically consisting of two or... Read more
1. saladFood, cooking, From Portuguese “salada”, From Dutch; Flemish “salade”
2. SaladSalad is any of a wide variety of dishes, including veget... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. (Western) soupFood, cooking
2. SoupSoup is a generally warm food that is made by combining i... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. cheeseFood, cooking
- た 。
- George had a lot of cheese for breakfast.
2. tee (piping); T-joint
3. cheese (said when taking a photograph)usu. as はい、チーズ
4. CheeseCheese is a generic term for a diverse group of milk-base... Read more
1. yakiniku; Japanese dish of grilled meat similar to Korean barbecueFood, cooking
2. roasted meat; grillFood, cooking
3. YakinikuYakiniku (焼き肉 or 焼肉), meaning "grilled meat", is a Japane... Read more