1. to open; to undo; to unseal; to unpack
- せんしゅう 、
- ひら 。
- We gave a ball last week.
2. to bloom; to unfold; to spread out
- はじ 。
- Little by little, the buds on the rosebush in my garden begin to open.
3. to open (for business, e.g. in the morning)
4. to be wide (gap, etc.); to widen
5. to hold (meeting, party, etc.); to give; to open
6. to found (nation, dynasty, sect, etc.); to open (a new business); to set up; to establish; to start
7. to open (ports, borders, etc.)
8. to open (an account)
9. to open up (new land, path, etc.); to clear; to developSee also 拓く
10. to open (a file, etc.)Computer terminology
11. to extract (root); to reduce (equation)Mathematics
12. to cut open (fish)Food term, as 魚を開く
13. to change (kanji into hiragana)
14. to flare (e.g. skirt)
15. to slacken (into a poor posture)Sports term, as 体が開く, 肩が開く, etc.
Log in to talk about this word.