Words — 201 found
1. start; commencement; beginning; initiation
1. reclamation (e.g. wasteland); cultivation; development
- The newcomers cultivated the immense wilderness.
2. pioneering; opening up (e.g. new market); breaking new ground; trailblazing
- We have to find a new market for these products.
1. opening (a door, window, etc.); leaving open
2. opening up (e.g. to the public); allowing (public) access
- This garden is open to the public.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. opening (of a new road, railway, etc.); going into operation (e.g. telephone communication); beginning services
2. reopening (e.g. a road to traffic); resumption of services
1. development; exploitation
かいほつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. holding (a conference, exhibition, etc.); opening; hosting (e.g. the Olympics)
1. flowers budding; blooming; flowering
- The blossoms will be out in a few days.
2. showing results; becoming popular; blooming
- Musical talent usually blooms at an early age.
3. AnthesisAnthesis is the period during which a flower is fully ope... Read more
1. developing country; emerging nation
2. Developing countryA developing country, also known as a less-developed coun... Read more
1. opening a new shop
- When did you open your new store?
2. opening a shop (for the day)
- When does the restaurant open?
1. opening a business; opening a practice
1. opening (for that day's business; of a library, museum, cinema, etc.)
- Is the museum open today?
2. opening (of a new library, museum, cinema, etc.)
1. founding a country
2. opening of a country (e.g. Japan) to the worldSee also 鎖国
1. opening a port (seaport, airport, etc.); starting operations at a port
2. opening a port to foreign vessels or trade